Real World Raves

Comments

• SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    Orventa said:
    Selenity said:
    Doctor called to tell me they've found out another reason why my everything went to shit the other day. I'm very anemic. Ferritin level is 6.7. Total iron count is 23.

Edit: This is a rave because this is treatable!!
    Hifive anemia buddy! >.>

*shares beef & broccoli with a side of vanillaberry iron syrup*

Also: Get a Lucky Fish
    Planning on getting said lucky fish!

I only started my supplements today but I've noticed that I'm much warmer than before. I had always thought it was just my Raynaud's freezing me to death, but I actually don't feel like I'm frozen even with it being warm out now. And yes, highfive fellow anemic! :D
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    In my dream last night I got a new puppy and named it GNU. I'm impressed my brain could come up with that in my sleep.
  • Projects and tests are all taken. I have one quick little presentation to make on thursday, and then I'm done with the semester.

This academic year has been terribly stressful. Glad it's over.
  • Presentation to the Thai delegation went well despite Lusternia-ing to about 2am. Trains are great for catching up on sleep. And it's the weekend!
  • Sylandra said:
    So my sister found my old Gamecube gathering dust at my parents' house, and she asked if I wanted to keep it. I tested it out. It still works. Elated, I snagged my old Gamecube games from storage, including such gems as Super Smash Bros Melee, Zelda: Windwaker, and Harvest Moon: Magical Melody & It's a Wonderful Life.

I'm definitely too cheap to buy a Wii or a Switch, but damn if this won't win me brownie points with the fiance, who has bemoaned the lack of classic Nintendo in his life. Gonna totally blow his mind.
    My gamecube just vanished one day at uni. I CANNOT tell you how jealous I am of you right now.
  • Raves for Moms, cuz you're awesome!
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Semester is officially over.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • A friend told me about a performance one of my school's jazz bands was having at a pub, went to have a peek. 10/10 would go again.
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    So, I've finally had another vivid Lusternia dream!

I was playing the game (and whatever client I was using had my laptop's Morrowind desktop background, sweet), with Ev standing on a mountain talking to @Charune about guild things. I don't remember any of the discussion, but at the end, a big icon of a floppy disk popped up captioned "Personnel Plots". So I did, and tried to install it in mudlet. It took a few tries, since I didn't know the command, but eventually, I was able to start installing "Personnel Plots", and saw scripting changes being made to the game, and thought, "Oh crap, I never asked if I was supposed to install this! Oh crap oh crap crap oh crap..."

But before I could see if any damage had been done, my puppy alarm clock went off. As in, puppy decided it was time to get up and jumped on me, licking my face.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Glad to hear things turned out ok.  I have had kidney stones myself and I know personally what absolute AGONY they can be x_x  Most painful thing I had EVER been through T_T
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Landlady finally caught the cricket. Yay for being able to sleep again!

Yesterday, it got so bad with all the yawning and randomly falling asleep that the guys somehow conjured a camping mattress and put me in an empty office so I could at least sleep for a bit. I am so glad to have them as my colleagues and that my working schedule is very flexible (aka as long as the stuff gets done, it doesn't matter whether I catch up at home or do it while being present).
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Today I upgraded Ubuntu and only needed an hour to fix all the problems. I feel like I'm making progress in my panicked googling skills.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    What kind of strangely beautiful plant is that?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Rancoura said:
    What kind of strangely beautiful plant is that?
    I must know too. It looks like a plant from the Original Star Trek Series.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.