Real World Raves

Comments

• That sounds pretty fun.

As for me, the number of siblings that I correspond with has decreased in recent times.  Haven't heard from or seen my older sis in years.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• I would be absolutely frightened to suddenly have so many people I'm expected to be social with! *hide in cave*

Good job not being terrified.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Woohoo, did a progress check with my course administrator and assuming I don't screw up during next year or Semester 1 2015, I am on track to graduate BA(Creative Writing) with double minors in Japanese History and Psychology in December 2015!
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • I've been having an internship for 2.5 weeks now, and found out today that my boss is putting my name on a short list of 5 people they want to have around. Yay! Too bad they don't hire people in-house, or I'd probably have a job now, but it at least makes getting a job there far far more likely than I had dared to hope it would be.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    For the first time ever I don't feel like death after a treadmill run. This can only mean one thing.

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Haven't had a single student come in for help today at work(I tutor Accounting).  So basically I'm getting paid by the government to sit here and listen to Fleetwood Mac(yup, I'm that in touch with my generation). 
    Stangmar - Retired

Raves to Dennys for a rather cool promotion they are doing today for Veterans day  ^_^

Know an active, non-active or retired military personnel member with a taste for pancakes? Let them know about this deal that Dennys is doing today!

(note that in the fine print, it says it is at participating dennys stores only, so they may need to phone up first and make sure the store is doing it.)

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    edited November 2013
    My ability to actually solve cryptoquotes/cryptograms hasn't faded as much as I had thought these past 3 years, starting my new job in just over a week, one of my top favorite shows is having a 3 part special that seems super interesting and I can't wait to watch them, Doctor 50th Anniversary episode this month, though I may not get to watch it until a bit later, and since I'll be working again, I'll start having money so I can actually do stuff.

Edit: Completely forgot about the Akira re-release, which I plan on buying as soon as possible.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • I changed banks last week. I just had to call my new bank up to pay a bill and I could actually understand what the person on the other end of the telephone was saying.

This pleases me.

Yay for UK based call centres.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    X-Com Enemy Within, you are a cruel but addictive mistress of tactical brilliance and RNG hell.

Also Mechs, Mechs everywhere...

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• It's here!

Stangmar - Retired

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Got to try GMing 5th edition Shadowrun tonight, finally. Went better than I'd hoped.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I've never played Shadowrun,a nd every game I've created a character for ended up the game not running. But being a GM is awesome! good job.
    Yaaaay!  Final interview tomorrow morning for a full time job I applied for over semester break ^____^  Fingers crossed all goes well, apparently it is going to primarily be a personality test of sorts to determine whether they think I'm suitable for the position.

• My favourite con of the year is once again upon me -and- it coincides with the 50th of Doctor Who. Getting to spend a weekend with several hundred of my closest fuzzy friends and then watching Tennant/Smith/Hurt? ~squeee

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• Should hopefully be in an apartment soon, just needs to pass inspection for Certificate of Occupancy and is scheduled to be checked out on Wednesday. Then I can stop being tablet bound.
  • Needed to get a piece of paperwork to get my days off for the next year, as I changed employer recently. Noticed the job agency I had to get it from is only open during work hours, meaning I can never get there. After a bit of grumbling I decide to call them and prepare to explain to them that I need this sent to me somehow. Turns out to be mostly worries over nothing; I had it in my mailbox minutes after calling, no bullshit with paper mail or anything like that. Whee. Now waiting for my employer to process that and see how much days off I can have next year :D
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    So Google have done another commemorative splash page, this time it's a Dr Who 50th anniversary mini game.

And it's rather good, trying to complete it in one Doctor is tricky.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• You'd think they'd do a JFK tribute today, at least for we American users..

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    As a non American I would respectfully ask "Why?" considering other events that go unmarked, Armistice Day for example.

• Because it's a 50 year anniversary, and we're big on anniversaries for major events. And they definitely show different things by region. I see a vanilla google homepage today, not Dr. Who.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
    I meant why mark a national event in a global game, when global ceremonies go unchecked?

• I see no game. Just the standard google page, so it's not that global.

But I was just musing. Don't mind me.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    It is definitely not global; I had to go searching for it.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Pretty sure Riluna was talking about for google not lusternia. Which they could easily have distinguished between US and international!

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
    Turnus said:
    Pretty sure Riluna was talking about for google not lusternia. Which they could easily have distinguished between US and international!
    Oh.... right. *cough* Sorry @Riluna >.<

Well yeah, that makes perfect sense, you think they'd have done something for that.

• Game was up on the normal Google page for me a short while ago...
  • While I personally feel that the assassination of a major US President during the Cold War is much more significant than some silly TV series, I still love Google anyway.  
    Stangmar - Retired