Real World Raves

Comments

• Neos said:
    Parua said:
    Neos said:
    Naming a Squirtle after me would have been more apropos, but I'll accept Vaporeon.
    @Lehki
    I suggest Nydekion or Forren for Glaceon, Enyalida for Leafeon(can't really think of any well known Hartstone besides her).
    Avurekhos! or, you know, name it after yourself XD
    My freeze monkey hasn't been Hartstone all that long!
    [spoiler]I also comepletely forgot Lehki was Hartstone >.>[/spoiler]
    Maybe there's better fitting pokemon, but them all being Eevee evolutions was kind of a point. Naming each type after the (in my head at least) most prominent Lusternian associated with that element.  The Flabebe named after Maylea was just one I had done earlier on a whim.

Naming it after myself seemed kind of egotistical, so I was going to go with Enyalida but I have yet to encounter a female Eevee. ):

[spoiler]how could you ),: [/spoiler]
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Yay! My article made it into the university newspaper!

http://issuu.com/ausm/docs/debate_issue25  (Located on pages 21 and 22)

I'm not too happy about the way they formatted the article, but there is not much I can do about it now, it has already been printed.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • edited October 2013
    Raves for my new thing(some of you know what it is). Raves for omg this race is amazing but no one can EVER find out IC so oh shnap. Ehem. Certain people from lusternia, that teamviewer session was hilarious and yay new friends<3 (you also know who you are) And people in group writing a huge letter to how nice and sweet and strong I am made me go uguuu~ I'm gonna get a magnet and put it in my fridge >u<
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Lehki said:
    [spoiler]how could you ),: [/spoiler]
    Because you left me and went inactive :(
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    The last few weeks have been the toughest I've ever gone through, there's still a way to go but you can actually see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

And I'm quite confident that it isn't just the headlamp of an oncoming train.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Today is the best day. Happy Halloween!
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Lehki said:
    Sort of a mixed rant/rave, but let's stay positive so going with rave.

Got a number of ideas for things I want to do with Lehki that I had started on, and thing I want to do for the Hartstone, but every time I think I've gotten some extra time job is like "lolnope".  And now all my free time is getting sucked up by Pokemon.  There's just so many of them to catch. D:

Also I did a thing. 

Still trying to decide on the Leafeon, Glaceon, and Espeon names. D:
    Stop it. Stop. I really want to buy this. :(

• Talan said:
    Today is the best day. Happy Halloween!
    Three day weekend here. Whoo \o/
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • I hope everyone has a good Halloween.  Be safe, there are all sorts of weirdos (my next line does not help me one bit.)

Also, I forgot to mention. Estarra asked me to announce there would be a contest for who has the best slutty <insert costume here> costume so don't forget to post your pictures.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Slutty Hobo, go.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I have a regular paying job through January, if necessary! And things are moving along well on my other front--visiting the Upper Peninsula next week.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited November 2013
    Took quite a bit of tinkering, but I finally extended my computer screen 'real estate' to a third monitor!

EDIT: Might help if the image stuck...

EDIT2: Also, @Iosai:  Join the club.  I can't afford a 3DS and I refuse to buy a 2DS.

EDIT3: @Lehki:  Glaceon = Jadice,  Leafeon = Hoaracle, Espeon = Roark/Iosai? =p
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Ender's Game wasn't the train wreck I feared it would be. I would like to have seen a lot more of the battle room, but it was pretty good otherwise!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Ender's Game cut out the awesome cyberlives of Ender's brother and sister. I am disappoint.   Then again, it functions without it, too...DAMN YOU MOVIEMAKERS AND YOUR LENGTH CONSTRICTIONS
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
     WHY CANT MOVIE MAKERS MAKE THE 16 HOUR LOVE AFFAIR OF THE BOOK THAT I WANT TO SEE?!!?!

That being said, I haven't seen the Ender's Game movie yet.  I'm kind of scared to, because it in the top three of my all time favorite books list, and I know I'm going to go into the movie with a tooooooooon of baggage about how it should have been.

Rave: League of legends has gone extremely well for me lately.  Been playing a lot of J4, currently on a streak of 8 wins, 0 losses since I picked him up.
  • Android 4.4 KitKat has been released!

...Unfortunately they're making us Nexus 4 owners wait for it, whereas they used to give updates to Nexus owners immediately. 
    Stangmar - Retired

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I am opposed to this update due to the fact that kitkats are disgusting.
    No Android updates have been available for my tablet since 4.1.1 :(
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Stangmar said:
    Android 4.4 KitKat has been released!

...Unfortunately they're making us Nexus 4 owners wait for it, whereas they used to give updates to Nexus owners immediately. 
    Galaxy S4 owners aren't getting it just yet either. The joys of being at the forefront of mobile tech these days.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Everiine said:
    No Android updates have been available for my tablet since 4.1.1 :(
    That is our biggest struggle as Android users, something that I get sick of Apple fans gloating about.  Let not your heart be troubled however, Google has recently been taking on the manufacturers and evil carriers.  I feel that Verizon, AT&T, et al are deliberately trying to stop us from receiving updates in order to move new phones.  

So what Google is doing is removing most of the features from the OS itself and integrating them into Google Play Services and the rest of the Google Apps.  These update independently of the OS and there is not a damn thing that Verizon or anybody can do about it.  Play Services is a system level app.  I think we'll see a decrease in fragmentation over the next year or two.  It seems HTC is trying to turn around and push out updates as soon as possible.   

As for me, I should have KitKat on my Nexus 4 by the end of next week I imagine. I'm excited for the new UI.

Stangmar - Retired

Yes, but when you see the spectacular failure of new Apple iOS's on release, I'm kinda glad Android doesn't jump the gun.

Least when I get something, I know it works.

When I next need a tablet, it will be a tablet I can flash my own OS on instead. Between Android, iOS, and Windows, I like Android the best, but there are many things I still don't like about it.

• Morkarion said:
    Yes, but when you see the spectacular failure of new Apple iOS's on release, I'm kinda glad Android doesn't jump the gun.

Least when I get something, I know it works.
    That's very true.  Plus, iOS 7 is just awful looking.   And the good things about it were copied from Android (think control center, multitasking windows, etc).

Stangmar - Retired

• Iosai said:
    It will never stop keep happening.
    If I could nickname traded Pokemon I had ideas.  Yveltal would definately be Crow, Articuno probably Jadice and Moltres Kalikai, but alas. D:

@Marcella there's the Doublade you requested. :D
  • Lehki said:
    Iosai said:
    It will never stop keep happening.
    If I could nickname traded Pokemon I had ideas.  Yveltal would definately be Crow, Articuno probably Jadice and Moltres Kalikai, but alas. D:

@Marcella there's the Doublade you requested. :D
    You made me buy it. :(
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::
    Friend code: 3024-6123-3954.

Everyone with Pokemon add me and send me your friend code, please! :D Safari zones, yo. (Mine is fighting.)

• I haven't played Pokemon since you had to hook up a trading cable between two Gameboy Advances to trade or duel.  

Stangmar - Retired

• Taking a leap of faith and moving ALL of my documents, pictures, etc onto Google Drive.  My laptop is getting aged(well, 2 years anyway) and it is fairly beat up(plastic toshiba) from the strap on my laptop case constantly unhooking and dropping the computer onto the ground. 

Would have used Dropbox, but Google gave me 25 GB for FREE.  I still use Dropbox for other things though.
    Stangmar - Retired

• So, few years back I found out I had a ton of siblings from my father. Upwards of 9 or 10, we're talking huge family, dude sowing everywhere he could(was a truck driver). Anywho, my sister was really looking hard for me, and we found each other, added each other on facebook, and then my brother added me. Nothing much came of it, Talked to her last night, asked if we could meet. Turns out I'm an aunt :x I have a 15 year old niece and 8, 6, and 5 year old nieces and nephews, from her alone. I feel like this is a real life achievement. Large family get! Might meet them Saturday. Also, my brother, who i have never met, calls me sis. It gives me warm fuzzies, i hope this goes well!
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."