Real World Raves

Comments

• Getting a nice new suit next week for a deep discount....
    Stangmar - Retired

• Though it cost me a fair bit of money, my desktop has been upgraded to modern standards. Out with the junky old motherboard, processor and GPU from 2008, in with the i7-3770K and GTX 660. 

Still only 8 gig of DDR3 1333 and a pair of somewhat small hard drives, but those will be rectified soon enough. Hooray for a mostly new computer!
    Make sure you spring for that SSD :D
  • Acrune said:
    Though it cost me a fair bit of money, my desktop has been upgraded to modern standards. Out with the junky old motherboard, processor and GPU from 2008, in with the i7-3770K and GTX 660. 

Still only 8 gig of DDR3 1333 and a pair of somewhat small hard drives, but those will be rectified soon enough. Hooray for a mostly new computer!
    Make sure you spring for that SSD :D
    Naturally. The question is "Do I buy a new one, or do I rip the 460gb SSD out of my Laptop.". Mind you, I am tempted to sell the laptop (I can still get about 700 for it) and buy a new one that doesn't have the two-year gremlins in it. 
  • Only 3.5 hours left until the series finale of Breaking Bad.

Stangmar - Retired

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    @Maellio is going to be my best man. As if I already didn't believe that this was going to be the best wedding ever!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Awesome, yes. Sane, no. Well scheduled, not if left to our own devices.

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    So the new Lord of the Rings trailer is out and finally Benedict Cumberbatch's Smaug voice can be heard.

In my mind, Morkarion sounds just like that.

Hell who am I kidding I wish I sounded like that.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• After having been fired for terrible, terrible reasons back in June, I have finally found a full time job that can pay my bills!

Bonus, as an organic grocery store, they stock tons of vegan goodies for me to nom on that I get a discount on!
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • Laptop back! Woo! Indie Cafe! Flirting! Loose leaf tea! Breaking down barriers from abuse! Having friends make things worse(better, so much better)! Sexy Avengers steampunk Alternate Universe roleplay! Talking with close friends again! Lusternia in general! So much love all around oh dear I can't even. -loves everyone-  
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • Alary said:
    Laptop back! Woo! Indie Cafe! Flirting! Loose leaf tea! Breaking down barriers from abuse! Having friends make things worse(better, so much better)! Sexy Avengers steampunk Alternate Universe roleplay! Talking with close friends again! Lusternia in general! So much love all around oh dear I can't even. -loves everyone-  

Now get Demigod before I toad you IRL.
  • Kio said:
    Alary said:
    Laptop back! Woo! Indie Cafe! Flirting! Loose leaf tea! Breaking down barriers from abuse! Having friends make things worse(better, so much better)! Sexy Avengers steampunk Alternate Universe roleplay! Talking with close friends again! Lusternia in general! So much love all around oh dear I can't even. -loves everyone-  

I'm trying but I also have a dozen projects to finish before Novemberand NaNoWriMo, I also need demigod before then and oh dear this is a little much. With /any/ luck and some help from friends in game and out of this weekend should be grind to demigod weekend. Aka I need help because I've hit the blues and 50% and I am starting to give up a little >.>
    Mysrai, the Beckoner Beyond the Maze intones, "Continue to manifest the paradigm of working, My Alary."
    The Divine voice of Camus the Cinderfly echoes in your head, "Thank you, once-body. I am happy that I fell into that eye."
  • Alary said:
    Kio said:
    Alary said:

I'm trying but I also have a dozen projects to finish before Novemberand NaNoWriMo, I also need demigod before then and oh dear this is a little much. With /any/ luck and some help from friends in game and out of this weekend should be grind to demigod weekend. Aka I need help because I've hit the blues and 50% and I am starting to give up a little >.>

50%?!?!?!?!

You're halfway there.  The rest is the downhill slide into Demigod awesomeness.  You got dis.
  • Kio said:
    Alary said:
    Kio said:
    Alary said:

50%?!?!?!?!

You're halfway there.  The rest is the downhill slide into Demigod awesomeness.  You got dis.
    I think you mean it's an uphill track and Kitty is /tired/. And probably doesn't have anything. -rolls over sadly-
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    A whole week off! Yay!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Hopefully for vacation and not, like, a furlough.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Just got back from working out for the first time in far, far too long. It felt good.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I'm considering getting a gym membership mostly to use the indoor pool. I'm still lifeguard certified, but I haven't been near a pool for like... a year. And while I'm not likely to be getting another job that involves lifeguarding any time soon, I'd like to be able to swim at night after I get off work.
  • Aaauuuuutttuuuuuuuummmnnnnnn.

This is the time of the year where I start getting happy for no reason. :)
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness

Hell yes.

Bad news on the story, though: they've identified the main conflict, but still have not left on their journey to solve it. Crap. Still, the professor said "20,000 word story" not "finished story!"
  • Zouviqil said:

Hell yes.

Bad news on the story, though: they've identified the main conflict, but still have not left on their journey to solve it. Crap. Still, the professor said "20,000 word story" not "finished story!"
    I had a few professors that really did not approve of us following their exact wording, like so. Fun times though. 
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Lehki said:

Zouviqil said:

Hell yes.

I had a few professors that really did not approve of us following their exact wording, like so. Fun times though. 

I have these words in writing, and I would care more if it weren't for the fact I knew I was the only one to finish the 20k words.

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    A couple of lecturers at the university I go to are REALLY strict on wording - we had a 1000 word essay, to which one of the notes in our assessment info stated specifically that only the first 1000 words would be graded - anything over that would NOT count.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Busy busy busy! Soooo busy. NaNoWriMo is next month, expect life to drop off dramatically in favor of actually winning for once. Awesome people in virtual pet sites, MAGENTA dragons. Because why not? Back into rping with my genderbent Black Widow. Steampunk AU woo! -waddles off-
    edited October 2013
    I went through a phase in high school where I didn't really listen to music with English lyrics. :-/

Anyway, Pandora revealed to me that Paris Combo's released their first album since 2001! 
    I used to make cakes.

• Alary said:
    Busy busy busy! Soooo busy. NaNoWriMo is next month, expect life to drop off dramatically in favor of actually winning for once. Awesome people in virtual pet sites, MAGENTA dragons. Because why not? Back into rping with my genderbent Black Widow. Steampunk AU woo! -waddles off-
    Are you on Flight Rising? o_o
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Even though I've played through it a dozen times, every once in a while, it is still fun to fire up the original MYST and go through the Ages again. Took my time over two evenings going over all the puzzles and remembered being a wide-eyed kid at my cousins' house spending hours and hours with them trying to figure out each Age. Good times! Now, on to Riven!
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    I picked up Psychonauts for $5 on PSN. My first time playing it and holy sh!t it takes some sharp left turns to horrifying.
    I used to make cakes.