Real World Raves

Comments

• Karlach said:
    This game is just ... I have no words for the one sided beat down that I'm witnessing.
  • If we make it to the finals, I think, I am going to watch that game.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Aerdiya said:
    If we make it to the finals, I think, I am going to watch that game.
    Considering that was the semi final and you were 6-0 up at the time of posting...

You're going out to watch a football game.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• New smartphone as an early birthday present. So fast, such screen clarity, very amazing. Wow :D HTC Desire 500 if anyone is interested. Was fun tinkering about with my old Galaxy Ace and rooting it, eventually put CyanogenMod on it as well, but the battery has gone worthless and I got errors all over the place. Keeping it as a backup phone, new install of Cyanogen and it should be ok for that. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Rialorm said:
    New smartphone as an early birthday present. So fast, such screen clarity, very amazing. Wow :D HTC Desire 500 if anyone is interested. Was fun tinkering about with my old Galaxy Ace and rooting it, eventually put CyanogenMod on it as well, but the battery has gone worthless and I got errors all over the place. Keeping it as a backup phone, new install of Cyanogen and it should be ok for that. 
    I guess it doesn't mean much since you use CM, but welcome to Android 4.x

I'm awaiting with eagerness the release of Android 'L' this fall, as my Nexus 4 is confirmed to receive it.  I've had this phone for a year and will probably replace it next year. 

The world of Android is much fun and so amaze.

Stangmar - Retired

• Stangmar said:
    Rialorm said:
    New smartphone as an early birthday present. So fast, such screen clarity, very amazing. Wow :D HTC Desire 500 if anyone is interested. Was fun tinkering about with my old Galaxy Ace and rooting it, eventually put CyanogenMod on it as well, but the battery has gone worthless and I got errors all over the place. Keeping it as a backup phone, new install of Cyanogen and it should be ok for that. 

I'm awaiting with eagerness the release of Android 'L' this fall, as my Nexus 4 is confirmed to receive it.  I've had this phone for a year and will probably replace it next year. 

I couldn't go beyond the Gingerbread build of CM, which was amazing in comparison to stock Gingerbread. But yes, so many nice things just on this phone already, was able to drop some apps despite having a sea of space for them. L seems great, dunno if I am or can get that though.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Turnus said:
    Less a rave and more a funny. We just got the software we need to open up a customer's code from them. It's on floppy disks. Five and a quarter inch floppy disks. I lolled. I also want to play Oregon Trail now for some reason.
    I can't help but think that this is fitting (not in a bad way, I still remember using them myself plus the fact you could double the storage space with a holepunch...)

Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Rialorm said:

Stangmar said:
    Rialorm said:

I couldn't go beyond the Gingerbread build of CM, which was amazing in comparison to stock Gingerbread. But yes, so many nice things just on this phone already, was able to drop some apps despite having a sea of space for them. L seems great, dunno if I am or can get that though.
    I can't speak as to L, but you should be getting KitKat by the end of the year.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Turnus said:
    Less a rave and more a funny. We just got the software we need to open up a customer's code from them. It's on floppy disks. Five and a quarter inch floppy disks. I lolled. I also want to play Oregon Trail now for some reason.
    We have customers who still run the DOS version of our software. And a slew who refuse to upgrade from Windows XP and are mad out new version (written in .NET) won't support XP anymore. We're with Microsoft on this :P 

Good lord though, big floppies. Those were old when I was still young. Earliest tech I've worked with are the small hard floppies. 
  • NEW HEADPHONES!

I'm trying out making southern sweet tea, to accompany the book I'm listening to "the help" by kathryn socket.
    is dead like the dodo
  • Rialorm said:
    Turnus said:
    We have customers who still run the DOS version of our software. And a slew who refuse to upgrade from Windows XP and are mad out new version (written in .NET) won't support XP anymore. We're with Microsoft on this :P 

Good lord though, big floppies. Those were old when I was still young. Earliest tech I've worked with are the small hard floppies. 
    Wow, people who refuse to upgrade from DOS are the computer world version of people who think the South will rise again.

I never used big floppies, but I remember having a few around when I was little.  I used a lot of small floppies up until middle school, then made the jump to flash drives.  I've never been much for CD's.  

Stangmar - Retired

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I used to play the old AD&D games on 5.25 floppies...little me had swag, yo.

Also ROSIE IS BACK ON THE VIEW, YES.

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Xeria said:
    NEW HEADPHONES!

I'm trying out making southern sweet tea, to accompany the book I'm listening to "the help" by kathryn socket.
    We just call it tea :P

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    1 day, 1 hour, 39 minutes and I will be sailing awaaaaaaaaaay.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Got my Guardians tickets. 

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Took 22 mins for Germany to get the first goal??? WHat's wrong with them today, should be at least at 5 by now.

;;)
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Best team in the competition won it in the end.

Somewhere I bet @Aerdiya is cheering her head off.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Karlach said:
    Best team in the competition won it in the end.

Somewhere I bet @Aerdiya is cheering her head off.
    Heh, I am cheering indeed even though I am not that much of a soccer fan. My only concern now is, that I might have no students in my class tomorrow. Will be teaching since I finally found some test objects volunteers to test the subject of my thesis on.
    Today I finally broke it off with my boyfriend of almost three and a half years. Up and left with barely any of my belongings, but all of the pride and indignation I've kept on lock to save face. While I may seem chipper and almost "friendly" for the next while, worry not - I'm sure I'll be back to my generally unpleasant self after this overwhelming joy vacates my person.

/:)

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    That's rough :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    It's not, not in the least bit.

-

• This made my day.  I will be happy for the rest of the day now:

Stangmar - Retired

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    The ten days of 10-hour shifts has come to an end, and the next few open days are supposed to be clear and temperate.

Life is good.

• The 8th graders I got to teach for one lesson were adorable and not scary at all. In fact, they were surprisingly well-mannered and seemed to enjoy the lesson (well, probably they were just happy that they got to work with computers and got no homework that day). So in the end, I got lots of contructive feedback and finally managed to test my program on its target group.

Though I was still a bit sad that they only had 9 kids (of which 7 were at school that day) starting to learn Ancient Greek this year. Back then, when I started, we were about 25. Seems like the interest in Classics is declining :(
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    9 seems huge to me. I dunno how big the difference is between 8th graders and college students, but there are currently three people taking Greek beyond the intro class at my school.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.