Real World Raves

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    It's a site that plays nothing but 90s music videos. What's not to love?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Everiine said:
    It's a site that plays nothing but 90s music videos. What's not to love?
    I've yet to find any Verve...

However it's currently playing Garbage, so I'll be content for now.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited July 2014
    Guys I probably haven't mentioned this but I am so hyped, SO HYPED for Guardians of the Galaxy. I pity the fool that sits next to me in the theatre because I might gigglecry with giddiness the whole time. In more sober news, this season of Legend of Korra has been pretty good! The characters aren't as insufferably angsty as they've been, and the new (and old) locales are just gorgeous. Reminds me of the exploratory spirit of the first series. Plus there's GotG spots in pretty much every commercial break. :D
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    <3 to @Acrune, @Kelly and @Zyphora for entertaining me, even when the latter two just wanted to crawl into bed and sleep.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • edited July 2014
    Decided to take my chances and apply for a job at Blizzard :)

Not holding my breath, but remaining cautiously optimistic since my references have promised to put a good word in for me if Blizzard actually contacts them regarding my application.

EDIT: Was reading the forums and almost ended up with a mouthful of soda across my keyboard due to one of Rygarius's posts ripping off Frozen

Do you wanna roll a Shaman?
    Come on lets quest and slay
    I never see you login anymore
    Come out of the Arena door
    It's like you've gone AFK...
    EDIT2: Also...
    We used to be Btag buddies,
    And now we're not,
    I wish you would tell me why!
    It doesn't have to be a Shaman.

Go away, noob.

Okay, bai.

Or launch raids against Orgrimmar?
    I think some raiding is overdue,
    I've started talking to...the peeps on channel 2.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Introduced my littlest sister to Ever After. Her excitement is making this my favorite viewing of the film ever. :D
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Isune said:
    Introduced my littlest sister to Ever After. Her excitement is making this my favorite viewing of the film ever. :D
    I watched it with  my daughter a few weeks ago, telling her it was the 'real' Cinderella story, and she loved it too, so now it's our 'grown up' movie to watch together.

I used to make cakes.

Guardians lived up to my sixteen months of hype, y'all. It's sometimes a little heavy handed (or maybe just efficient?) with the "tragic backstory" exposition, but otherwise it's wall-to-wall fun.

Now boarding the hype train for the 2017 sequel!
    I used to make cakes.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Daraius said:
    Guardians lived up to my sixteen months of hype, y'all. It's sometimes a little heavy handed (or maybe just efficient?) with the "tragic backstory" exposition, but otherwise it's wall-to-wall fun. Now boarding the hype train for the 2017 sequel!
    You should be thankful that you did not watch this at a Regal Cinemas.

Apparently they "trolled" their customers with Rise of the Guardians instead.

Oops?
  • I have returned to the land of abundant air conditioning and rain after a 30+ hour day of travel... I believe that I will take a nap.
  • I'm pumped for Guardians tomorrow. 
    Stangmar - Retired

• Yay! I got a raise! Work sucks slightly less... for now.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Ardmore said:
    Yay! I got a raise! Work sucks slightly less... for now.
    Now you can buy me pretty things.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Been a crazy week or so. Got drunk with friends last thursday, on friday, I got promoted on my birthday, saturday got to see @Neos @Kelly and @Zyphora, sunday flew out to san diego at the crack of dawn, hit the beach, lock my keys in the car, hit the beach more, then go paragliding. Somehow the work I had to do there actually got done, despite all kinds of delays, including a failed, sparking power cable, and me getting a bad cold, then today I walked on the beach more, flew home, discovered that the paragliding place mailed me the wrong video (so I have a video of a stranger paragliding...), then went to eat at one of my favorite places to eat where I had fun talking to the bartender.

Had some rough patches, but overall, pretty cool. Next few weeks have the potential to be just as awesome, just gotta hope they go a little smoother, haha.
  • Neos said:
    Ardmore said:
    Yay! I got a raise! Work sucks slightly less... for now.
    Now you can buy me pretty things.
    Anything for you, my love.
  • Acrune said:
     discovered that the paragliding place mailed me the wrong video (so I have a video of a stranger paragliding...)
    I talked to the paragliding place, and they haven't mailed my video to Canada yet, so I'm mailing the one I got back to them, and we're going to try again :P
  • My Japanese students all graduated last night, and we had a big banquet and farewell celebration. 

I got some photos, too!
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.

• Sharknado: It's so deliberately awful that it's incredibly entertaining. I recommend watching it if you can do so with many sarcastic friends.

The sequel, though, I'm not sure I can take it.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    I think the mainstream acceptance of Rocket Raccoon and the generally awesome worldwide performance of Guardians of the Galaxy means everyone is now somewhere on the furry continuum. Even me.
    I used to make cakes.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Even you?
    EVEN ME
    I used to make cakes.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    @Tacita, I love that you are a Brit and use the term 'flat'. That makes it extra rave worthy.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    That's how I felt when I moved into my current house. I'd moved six times in the past six years, and the wife and I are ready to spend quite a few years here.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Lavinya said:
    @Tacita, I love that you are a Brit and use the term 'flat'. That makes it extra rave worthy.
    One of my old roommates and I would jokingly refer to our apartment as a flat.  This is in America, btw.

Stangmar - Retired

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Lavinya said:
    Well of course, she speaks English. What else is she going to call it?

Actually there is a definition to what constitutes a flat and what is an apartment, but the words get so badly misused. /grumbl

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Work parties are fun when your employers and coworkers are mostly socially awkward nerds. There are only so many places I get to make jokes about network geometry...
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."