General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• If the make-up is not waterproof, you could also try micro-fibre towels and water.
  • edited February 2019
    -
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Just sleep in it. 
  • I can't wear makeup at all. More than a little jealous. 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Yeah, much as I'd like to, I don't have the facial shape for it. In fact, most of my recent ID photos have featured me looking like someone just punched me in the face.

Which sucks, because ladies' shirts are comfortable, and I'd love to wear a skirt and matching socks...maybe a nice pair of sensible shoes that are not hiking boots, because I don't know how well those mix with skirts, and...what was I saying?
  • I'm having a flashback to discovering the "skirts and dresses" tab on the REI site. Some of them actually are intended for trail use. It is a weird fashion niche where "religious ultra-conservative" overlaps with "I'm not sure/don't care if I'm wearing clothes."
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • ...Rei sells skirts and dresses?!? For hiking????
  • Kaalak said:
    ...Rei sells skirts and dresses?!? For hiking????
    Not all of them are for hiking. A lot of it is simply lightweight stuff that travels well, but they have stuff like insulated skirts that you wear on the trek which convert into blankets, cargo skirts, and all manner of sport-skirts.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Mind BLOWN. I'm looking at the Skhoop line of skirts which look like you could turn into a pillow.  Some of these are logical transitions in that they are skirts made of water/sweat repellent material.  I now have gift ideas. Thank you @Talan!
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Dammit silverfish my keyboard is not for your scary-ass nastiness. Why do I live in bug hell?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I was going to try to make a funny bug related anagram out of Florida. But I haven't had sufficient caffeine.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    L(ots) Of Raid?
  • "Maternity leave" is such an inadequate solution all the way around. I wish we did a better job with this.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Talan, you're not allowed to post again.
  • Sorry.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • I'm dissatisfied.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I've been drawing more, but I can't focus well enough for it to accomplish anything beyond wasting paper. I know I can do things when I actually give them my undivided attention, but I don't know how to force myself to be fully invested in whatever I'm doing. Seems I'm either in the right state of mind to concentrate, or I'm not and there's nothing I can do. This is unacceptable to me, and I have no idea how to change it.
  • edited February 2016
    I spent way too much time writing things that nobody reads.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Meeeee tooooo.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    I tried to download Elder Scrolls online about a month ago, and it does not work on a new Macbook Pro (despite advertising that it does). Customer service is only reachable by email. 

They have ignored me for an entire month, and I want my f****** money back. You can't even reach them by phone, it doesn't exist. I don't even know how to resolve it at this point other than to threaten them with sending Chase after them for the funds paid on a faulty product and a refusal to respond in any capacity to my attempts to reach them.

What a shit company.
  • Celina said:
    I tried to download Elder Scrolls online about a month ago, and it does not work on a new Macbook Pro (despite advertising that it does). Customer service is only reachable by email. 

They have ignored me for an entire month, and I want my f****** money back. You can't even reach them by phone, it doesn't exist. I don't even know how to resolve it at this point other than to threaten them with sending Chase after them for the funds paid on a faulty product and a refusal to respond in any capacity to my attempts to reach them.

What a shit company.
    The game is made in Maryland. Aren't you nearby? Go knock on their door. 
  • I was supposed to be a serious contender in the life seal but instead I'm stuck doing fucking taxes.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    3 days ago, one of the legs of the puppy's favorite stuffed animal disappeared. While we wondered, nothing at all seemed odd or wrong with her, and she acted quite normally.

This morning at 5 am, our theory was confirmed when she threw up the entire stuffed animal leg in her crate. 3 days later. Poor girl :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I have managed to kind of repair my half-melted power adapter by shoving a contact back into place with a plastic fork. ... Yes, I have ordered a new one.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • I totally forgot about the application deadline for a job I would really like. If I want the documents to reach their destination in time, I only have today left to send them.

On the other hand, I am not sure if I should even apply, given that my chances are very low. It would be a job as a scientific librarian at colleges and they usually want people with PhDs for that....while I will only have a MA when I am finished in July (I am thinking about starting with a PhD program after that though). And I just read that the will be using an assessment center...something I am totally bad at because I get stressed and panicky quite easily.

Argh...to apply, or not to apply, that is the question.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @Aerdureth If you think you have a possibility to get through assessment center, I would highly recommend that you do apply. Because you might always ask yourself 'what if' later if you don't. Besides, even if it's low chance, it's often worth the gamble. Even if you only get application practice out of it, in the long run it'll help. You can do it.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Just an immense feeling of exhaustion and lethargy lately. I'm pretty sure it still has to do with the winter, but it really sucks when all I feel really inclined to do is sleep. I've started looking for jobs in Florida and Texas as I think I just need a change of scenery after living in Maryland for all of these years.
  • edited February 2016
    Aerdureth said:
    I totally forgot about the application deadline for a job I would really like. If I want the documents to reach their destination in time, I only have today left to send them.

On the other hand, I am not sure if I should even apply, given that my chances are very low. It would be a job as a scientific librarian at colleges and they usually want people with PhDs for that....while I will only have a MA when I am finished in July (I am thinking about starting with a PhD program after that though). And I just read that the will be using an assessment center...something I am totally bad at because I get stressed and panicky quite easily.

Argh...to apply, or not to apply, that is the question.
    Always apply. You've nothing to lose by them just telling you, 'Well, hey. You're not what we're looking for'. But who knows though, you might be exactly what they're looking for job wise. I've found, in my experience, that HR departments just follow a certain skeleton for job duties and requirements but often, managers are looking for something specific or those who have things that just come relatively close to what HR posted. Most of the time, HR posts for an opening but what they want is unrealistic or a "pipe dream" for what they're offering.

However, you might just be exactly what they're looking for. I always apply for a job that I might be interested in, even if I don't wholly meet the requirements. Few people really do meet complete requirements, honestly.