General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Eldanien said:
    Had a kid doa today at the emergency department.  I've seen death a few times, but sometimes it hits harder than others.

I don't work tomorrow, so today is all about the vodka.

Jesus. Remember your work is important to people you have not even met yet.
  • Apparently someone's spreading some rumors about a friend of mine, and I'm somehow related. I didn't realize we still were in fucking elementary school, where speaking when not spoken to is OK and being an immature fuckwad is totally cool. Sorry for missing the goddamn memo.

That's some goddamned horseshit.

• Phoebus said:
    Why is drawing digitally about 500x harder than traditional media? I'm trying to get an artisanal done for this month and it's like all progress I've made working with graphite doesn't exist. I've always been worse with digital, but it's becoming even more apparent to me. Rah! You are the same hands, obey me! 
    This is me right now too.

I've given up on digital. Tomorrow I'm going to get more pencil crayons.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Since two days the whole half of one of my eyes is super red. I'm starting to be worried because it does not seem to go away. My boyfriend tells me it's because I don't get enough sleep but I'm not so sure.

What's wrong with you, eye???
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    You're actually a dark lord.

• I think I just lost a ring somewhere...
  • Rant: Three teeth out (two wisdom, one broken molar) today. Miserable. I haven't been able to eat anything appreciable in three days and it has made me twice as fretful.

Rave: These drugs omg
  • Narynth said:
    Rant: Three teeth out (two wisdom, one broken molar) today. Miserable. I haven't been able to eat anything appreciable in three days and it has made me twice as fretful.

Rave: These drugs omg
    they're very good drugs yes

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Really struggling at the moment. 

• i neglected to emote a deathscene when 'SUICIDE' failed. boo.
    is dead like the dodo
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Beginning to believe the "don't eat at night or you'll get funky nightmares" thing. Did it, got nightmare, felt weirdly out of sorts since waking up. Curse you midnight ramen noodles!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Sylandra said:
    Beginning to believe the "don't eat at night or you'll get funky nightmares" thing. Did it, got nightmare, felt weirdly out of sorts since waking up. Curse you midnight ramen noodles!
    If eating at night gave you funky nightmares, I'd be trapped in some sort of mental house of horrors every night!
  • Wording on a cover letter that I am a recent grad when I meant to say soon to be grad. I guess it'll be true enough soon but a silly mistake.  >:D<

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Someone had to throw this out there... >.> 

Zarialle's first dance:
    Trader Bob leads Zarialle through the dancers to the dance floor and brings her all the way to its heart.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Why did I choose to draw a bird for this month's artisanal!? I know how long it takes me to draw wings that only look slightly like garbage. I committed to this last night and it's too late to change now but what is wrong with me aaaaaa I only have 3 hours before I have to finish this
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Procrastination. Make it your sworn enemy.

(This coming from someone who has had an unfinished Bardic sitting in her computer files for ~6 months :^o )

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

Do what I did: be late when submitting your piece, meaning you accidentally wind up being super early instead!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    edited February 2016
    Disclaimer: She did buy pillows for the couch (without consulting me) from Target. Ugly as sin, and I hate them because gold and blue as a living room color scheme works precisely never, but I appreciate the thought. Trust me, google BLUE AND GOLD DECOR. It's like tacky prom meets Aladdin themed birthday party.

The ugly, tacky thought.

Then once for christmas so I had stuffed penguins on my couch for a month. I'm very specific about my decor. I love modern, sleek, and simple. And I still allowed this "let it snow" monstrosity on my couch. Because I'm accomidating. 

:)
    I feel you. I feel statistically it is always more likely your roommate will be terrible than they will be awesome.

Kind of ready to live somewhere more affordable so I can, for once, bask in the sweet sweet joy of living solo.

PS: I enjoy that you specifically mention the pillows are from Target.
    Daraius said:
    edited February 2016
    Target is great and fine and plenty of people buy wonderful, pretty things from Target.

Target is not my taste, and I can't help that every time I walk past my couch I glare at those pillows thinking "TARGET TARGET TARGET."
  • Getting in shape again has been relatively frustrating after only a week. I miss being in high school where I had a coach to put me through the right plan but a personal trainer costs way too much money, especially for the time that I get for one and what they want.

Not going to give up, I just wish information wasn't all over the damn place.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    More bigwigs here today than Louis XVI's court. We're all on edge. We were expecting 2-4 people. A dozen showed up. We're also looking for a new team lead/mentor, and I'm not sure whether to apply for that or entrench and encourage people whose job I'm doing anyway to do it just so that credit goes where it's due. 

On the other hand, we're still doing double the volume with 110% of the staff we had this time last year, and the stuff I've been doing lynchpins that. And I still have a wedding to help plan.

I swear I know what free time is. I just haven't seen any in the last two months.

PS: While I was posting this, I was asked if it's okay if those bigwigs watch me work for a few minutes. 
    PPS: While I was writing the post-script, they showed up.

edited March 2016
    A lot of times I like teaching. But not times when a deadline I've hammered into their heads for a RL month is completely ignored because--despite putting it in red text on their blackboard page, despite putting it on their assignment sheet, despite repeating it over and over since the start of the semester, despite the fact I have given my students more time than they actually need due to unforeseen scheduling issues on my part--I accidentally made the Turnitin assignment say Thursday instead of Tuesday.

Regardless of the ample evidence stating the paper was due today, only one student told me about the discrepancy and did so an hour before class. While acting like I would be totally cool with the assignment being due Thursday due to the error, because obviously who cares about the fact that since February I've told them it was due today? Cue me realizing over half the students hadn't turned in their paper. :|

Was screwing up the Turnitin page my bad? Absolutely. But they totally took advantage of that, and that stings. I said many times and in many places it was due today! I extended the deadline to midnight tonight, but ugh. I'm already a week behind, this is the last thing I need from them right now.
    Daraius said:
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Honestly, you can admit the mistake about the Thursday vs Tuesday, own up to it (like you have apparently) but then re-iterate that you've been hammering today for a month and no one said anything.

Midnight today seems like a good compromise to me

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Thank you. ;_; The imposter syndrome is strong today. Luckily certain good students did their essays on time, so I can at least start grading those during the hours I put aside for it today. So despite the initial panic, everything is likely okay now!

...Except for the sting of bitter, bitter disappointment in opportunistic eighteen year olds. :-w
    Daraius said:
  • I know that feeling :(

Once, I taught an optional lab class as a tutor. But since it was optional, I usually spent two hours sitting in that lab...alone. Even though my job was to basically explain their homework to them. And guess what I always got on Sunday evening (the homework deadlines were usually Monday at noon): mails saying 'My code doesn't work. Could you please read over it and explain it to me?' Sadly, I am a very soft person and often often tend to give in...so I spent my Sunday evenings looking over code that semester <.<