General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Celina said:
    I went on date with a 22 year old. In my defense, I did not know he was 22. 

We went to his place after dinner for some wine. There is a generic exercise cycle from the 70s sitting in the middle of his living room where a coffee table should be. Conversation went as follows:

Me: "Oh, that's very retro. Do you bike?"
    Him: "No, it's art."
    Me: "....the exercise cycle is art?"
    Him: "Yeah, I think it's really interesting. I just have a really unique perspective on art and design."
    Me: "Uh huh. Where's your coffee table?"
    Him: "I don't have one, I wanted the bike to be focus of the room. It's my favorite piece of art here"

The other "pieces" being knick knacks from Ikea and a couple framed posters.

Pro tip: Don't date 22 year olds. They are stupid.

Is not having a coffee table and having things from Ikea a bad thing to you?

While I'm not 22, I'm pretty sure this isn't all 22 year olds. This is probably just some art student thing (if he is not an art student, then I don't know).
  • I don't have a coffee table. I just have a table. Because coffee is as bad as cats.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Did.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Ayisdra said:
    Celina said:

We went to his place after dinner for some wine. There is a generic exercise cycle from the 70s sitting in the middle of his living room where a coffee table should be. Conversation went as follows:

Him: "Yeah, I think it's really interesting. I just have a really unique perspective on art and design."
    Him: "I don't have one, I wanted the bike to be focus of the room. It's my favorite piece of art here"

Is not having a coffee table and having things from Ikea a bad thing to you?

While I'm not 22, I'm pretty sure this isn't all 22 year olds. This is probably just some art student thing (if he is not an art student, then I don't know).
    I think not having a coffee table because you have an exercise bike in the middle of your living room for decoration, and referring to ikea things as "art pieces," is bad to me.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Man, if it weren't for coffee and strong tea my workplace would have come to a grinding halt two months ago.
  • Ieptix said:
    I don't have a coffee table. I just have a table. Because coffee is as bad as cats.
    How can you hate on cats? Like, I understand the coffee part because coffee sucks, but how can anyone hate a cat?
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    I am so offended by both your statements, Ieptix. I thought you were cool, man.

(Protip: You have to find a cat that isn't an asshole. Or, well... less of an asshole than the rest of its kind.)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

Probably the same way a cat hates you.
  • Rancoura said:

(Protip: You have to find a cat that isn't an asshole. Or, well... less of an asshole than the rest of its kind.)

And while I'm at it, I'll solve the halting problem, too...
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I dunno, I like the Jeff Foxworthy style of cat ownership.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Saying "I'm just so unique because ..." non-ironically is the really bad thing there. 
  • Celina said:

Can confirm. Currently dating a 22 year old. She does some dumb things.

• Who doesn't do dumb things occasionally.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

edited March 2016
  • Can confirm, am almost 22. We're stupid.
  • Wow, man. Microsoft and windows 10 can seriously just go to hell. This shit is pissing me off.

• @Tarkenton just got me to almost burst out laughing in the middle of work. Well played.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited March 2016
    edit: Decided I didn't want it up in the first place. Sorry.

move along.

Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
    edited March 2016
    Lerad said:
    Wow, man. Microsoft and windows 10 can seriously just go to hell. This shit is pissing me off.
    Macs gave me a new appreciation for Windows. At least once a week I find something new about a Mac that makes me go "what demon from the 9th level of hell designed this?" "WHY ISN'T THERE A RIGHT CLICK BY DEFAULT?!" I swear to god they made some things certain ways for no other reason than they don't want to do anything Microsoft did.

I spent an hour trying to find the profiles folder for m&m to add some stuff, only to discover that it's inexplicably hidden, and the only way to get to it is to already know it's there. In this case, @Tarkenton saved me from throwing this very expensive internet machine out of the 6th floor window. 

I've also yet to figure out how to save things from dropbox as something other than an internet file. So far I can copy things from drop box and paste them over existing files and save it that way. IDFK.
    I work in an apple repair shop. There's a reason I'm a Windows and Linux guy at home with my android phone and tablet.
    The silver matches my decor though, so there's that.
    It's art, okay. You wouldn't understand. 
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Windows is the reason I'm a GNU/Linux guy by default, except when I want to play games. I'm finally to the point where I once in a while forget how/why Windows does things, and it still makes no sense when I remember. Updating all of my programs is the WORST.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I'm loving Windows 10, personally. I didn't mind Windows 8 all that much as I kept up with the changes that they were implementing, so the Start Screen wasn't very disruptive for my workflow. Having the Live Tiles brought back into the familiar Desktop makes it that much better!

That being said, if I could run all of the games that I play under elementaryOS, I'd be doing that instead. ElementaryOS is a beautiful piece of software.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited March 2016
    What I do not like about Windows 10 at work: Yesterday was Patch Tuesday. Microsoft, in all their wisdom, also rolled out the Get Windows 10 plugin to business (domain-joined) PCs. The Get Windows 10 thing stealthily downloads Win10 behind the scenes, and Patch Tuesday included (by itself) 1.1 gigs of data for every PC in the office. The office has a T1 line (still working on getting them to upgrade that). Thus, this morning consisted of, "Internet? What internet?"