General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Enyalida said:
    I can't stand audiobooks. Someone else slowly reading a book out loud to me sounds like torture. 

I would probably be in the same boat as you, except that as a kid we drove to Acadia every year. A very long trip, during which my parents discovered that the best way to keep kids from constantly harassing each other was to play audiobooks on casette tapes. Please turn tape over. Please swap to tape 9. I could never just sit back and listen to it instead of reading at my own pace, but in situations where it is not possible to actually do the reading it can serve a purpose.
  • @Enyalida a good narrator brings the book to life, while reading it word for word. Just pick your narrator carefully.
    is dead like the dodo
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Just started a Pilates workout again for the first time in probably 2 years. Oww.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Enyalida said:
    I can't stand audiobooks. Someone else slowly reading a book out loud to me sounds like torture. 
    Tolstoy being read to you in the voice of Fran Drescher. Or possibly Bobcat Goldthwait.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I wonder when this pain in my side is going to get to be enough of a problem that I actually schedule that CT scan I was supposed to go get over a month ago for it. :| It had been quiet for a little while, but now it's back with a vengeance. Ow. C'mon, me. Make the appointment. Do it already. The phone won't hurt you, but your actual problem will, you faltering idiot. 
  • Phoebus said:
    I wonder when this pain in my side is going to get to be enough of a problem that I actually schedule that CT scan I was supposed to go get over a month ago for it. :| It had been quiet for a little while, but now it's back with a vengeance. Ow. C'mon, me. Make the appointment. Do it already. The phone won't hurt you, but your actual problem will, you faltering idiot. 
    You can do it!

My dissatisfaction is being unemployed for a year and finally getting a job that I was let go of after a week because it's a sales job and I couldn't make my sales numbers.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."

• Sylvanas said:
    Phoebus said:
    You can do it!

My dissatisfaction is being unemployed for a year and finally getting a job that I was let go of after a week because it's a sales job and I couldn't make my sales numbers.

I feel your pain. I live in a country that is currently in recession and for the first time in years I have been out of work for 4 months, due to large scale layoffs across the land.
  • Demartel said:
    I feel your pain. I live in a country that is currently in recession and for the first time in years I have been out of work for 4 months, due to large scale layoffs across the land.

Thanks. Hopefully I can find something else.
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Still trying to kick the remainder of this cold. Nose is raw, throat irritated. And still so much gunk.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • The dampness lately has made from my shoulder down to my hand very painful. Cursed tendinitis .  ~X(

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Being treated like a child.

• My Hulu account is linked to my facebook, which is super old and linked to a now defunct email. I tried to change my email, but it's telling me the password is wrong (it isn't). So I try to reset the password but it requires an email to the account that doesn't work. Obviously a problem. I try to reset it using my credit card number, but it is telling me the card it charges my monthly payment to (and I am looking at right now) is not on file. 

I contact Hulu from my gmail account, explain that the email on file is defunct and I need to change it. I give them my information.

Hulu's response: We don't have the email you have contacted us with on file.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Ugh I hate that. I have some defunct emails I forget I have hooked up to things, like my Steam account. They're a mess to untangle for anything important.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I have had the same email address ever since ye olde days of AOL and the $30 unlimited internet access. No defunct email issues for me! The occasional spam issue does arise, however, but not usually too bad.
  • edited March 2016
    I give them 2 calm responses explaining the situation, then I start dropping the f bomb every other word until they fix it. 

I don't Fing know how the F you expect me to Fing resolve this Fing problem if you aren't Fing reading the email in the Fing first place. I need this Fing account Fing canceled before I call my Fing bank to block your Fing business for refusal to Fing resolve Fing billing concerns. F. 

I know it's not their fault, they are just reps and it makes their job suck to deal with people like me, but I swear to baby fire jesus you just have to lose your mind with some companies or they'll send you into a death spiral of non answers. YES I KNOW THAT ACCOUNT IS NOT ON FILE, THAT IS WHY I AM CONTACTING YOU.

Ever try contacting comcast with a billing issue? Good luck. They'll send you into the void of forever holds the second you say "cancel." You have to trick them by saying you're moving to an area they don't service to get around it. 
  • Xenthos said:
    I have had the same email address ever since ye olde days of AOL and the $30 unlimited internet access. No defunct email issues for me! The occasional spam issue does arise, however, but not usually too bad.
    The email itself is a little embarrassing, (all 13 year olds come up with only one type of email addresses) and I'm getting paypal phishing attempts every other day, but yeah, still the same email as over a decade ago.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Xeria said:
    @Enyalida a good narrator brings the book to life, while reading it word for word. Just pick your narrator carefully.
    I cannot recommend Dresden Files as narrated by James Marsters (yes, that one) enough. The man breathes life into Dresden in a way that made me very sad that the TV show didn't cast him. (On the other hand, the show sucked. Hard.)
  • I process tax exemptions for my yob. Oh the boring that I have to get my giggles from people's names being goofy
  • Enyalida said:
    I used to be the same, my grandfather used to listen to them and to be honest I thought they were for old people.

Recently been re-introduced to them via the audible app and now if I don't have an audiobook on in the car I'm 150% bored.  
  • mrrrr,

my housemate, who often leaves half full bowls of food in the sink and then disappears out of the state for a week regularly, has decided to train her cat to use the shower/bathtub as a kitty litter.

I found out when I had to wake up early on sunday to go to a family thing and the bathroom stank :(

The last time this happened the cat started also using the hallway and balcony whenever the bathroom was occupied.
  • Another day, another off-hours aetherflare...

• Saran said:
    mrrrr,

my housemate, who often leaves half full bowls of food in the sink and then disappears out of the state for a week regularly, has decided to train her cat to use the shower/bathtub as a kitty litter.

I found out when I had to wake up early on sunday to go to a family thing and the bathroom stank :(

The last time this happened the cat started also using the hallway and balcony whenever the bathroom was occupied.
    Lock the cat in their room until they get back and let it shit all over their stuff.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Passive aggressive emails that begin, "I am asking you kindly and respectfully that you..."

Girl.

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • DC Metro system announced emergency shut down for all day Wednesday. 

I have no idea how to get to work. It's going to be a $150 Uber since I work in Virginia and with metro being down, Uber is surge pricing is going to be insane. 

For reference, Metro transports roughly 750,000 people a day. 
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    What about a normal taxi?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    or just take a PTO day

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited March 2016
    They have a new PTO policy, they give us 40 hours a year, but you can only actually use 32 hours before they write you up. You get 32 hours in a 12 month rolling period. I'm currently at my 4, the first being march 23, 2015. 

Yes, that's right. I've taken 4 sick days since march of 2015 and they've told me NO MORE or I get put on a conduct memo. 

DC traffic is inherently awful. With no Metro, it's going to be trafficpocalypse 2016. It's going to be so bad, I'm not sure there are words to describe it. It's hard to describe it to anyone who doesn't live in DC or NYC or another metropolitan area that ceases to function without the subway system. Anything that requires me to pay per minute is going to end up costing a fortune. 

LUCKILY, i bribed someone to switch me shifts this weekend and I took tomorrow as my scheduled free day since i'm a 40 hour employee.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    lol what, they give you 5 days sick time, but write you up if you use it all? What the hell. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.