General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• edited November 2018
    -
  • Tarkenton said:
    I just buy clothes at Costco. $25 for jeans? No problem.
    You hurt my heart. I'm in physical pain right now.

Phoebus said:
    I own one pair of jeans.  

You hurt my heart. I'm in physical pain right now.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Nicotine gum tastes like ass. Tonsillitis sucks. Going to make the most of the situation and gorge on icecream.

• Addicted to internet shopping lately... the past two weeks have been terrible, bought 5 pairs of shoes, three pairs of jeans and some shirts, $40 for Timberlands are just too cheap..
  • Sounds like a Tuesday for me.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I buy my clothes at the Target-equivalent up here and my shoes at Payless on sale. Or if we have gift-cards to places.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Just helped my sister do her taxes at her new home. TIL I'm super allergic to her place, presumably because the previous owners had cats. But that was 8 months ago????
  • edited March 2016
    Acrune said:
    Just helped my sister do her taxes at her new home. TIL I'm super allergic to her place, presumably because the previous owners had cats. But that was 8 months ago????
    Animal hair in the ducts. Under the edges of the ducts. If they painted- it has been painted to the walls, the carpet is no longer carpet it is a fur rug. If there ever was at any point a wall replaced/repaired it's in the walls. My cat destroyed a heat duct once and got under the floor. We had to remove the duct and cut into the hard wood flooring to get him out. It was that or deal with the smell when he croaked. ( I call him my cat because I am the one all the animals want to sleep with/sit on/ follow around the house but really I just bought and wanted the ferret. )

It takes forever to remove pet hair.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • Power is out across most of the city, my subdivision included. I'll see you party people once it's restored. Don't burn the game down while I'm gone.

• Tarkenton said:
    I just buy clothes at Costco. $25 for jeans? No problem.

What? That's like one pair of underwear for me
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I'll admit, I do spend 25 per pair of underwear. But they last a long time, breathe nicely (which is a must in
  • Isluna said:
    Acrune said:
    Just helped my sister do her taxes at her new home. TIL I'm super allergic to her place, presumably because the previous owners had cats. But that was 8 months ago????
    Animal hair in the ducts. Under the edges of the ducts. If they painted- it has been painted to the walls, the carpet is no longer carpet it is a fur rug. If there ever was at any point a wall replaced/repaired it's in the walls. My cat destroyed a heat duct once and got under the floor. We had to remove the duct and cut into the hard wood flooring to get him out. It was that or deal with the smell when he croaked. ( I call him my cat because I am the one all the animals want to sleep with/sit on/ follow around the house but really I just bought and wanted the ferret. )

It takes forever to remove pet hair.
    Yeah, fortunately the carpet was all replaced, so that's the worst of it. Family spent a lot of time cleaning the place because it was super cat saturated. Still, I've been at friend's houses that have a cat, with the cat on my lap, and I didn't react as bad or as fast as I did in my sister's cat-less home.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I can hear about going to my step-mother's place and need a benedryl. Sometimes it depends on the breed of cat. American Shorthairs? as long as I'm not sniffing their crotch I'm fine. Himilayan? I can't be in the same zip code.
  • I'm curious as to why you know that specifically sniffing their crotch is the trigger area.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    How else do you get acquainted with a new cat? :-/
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    I prefer trebuchets, myself.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
    Ieptix said:
    Daraius said:
    I prefer trebuchets, myself.
    You're my new hero, Ieptix.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Wanting coffee at work. Yeah we have a coffee machine. It uses that concentrated coffee tar like stuff. Nasty. At least I thought til I brought in my old, hasn't been used in months generic k-cup one cup maker. Just can't win this weekend.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • So. I'm preparing to move to a new apartment. This means I'm going to have to show other people my apartment. So far, I've got five people lined up during monday and tuesday.

Save me.
  • edited March 2016
    @Isluna coffee bags? like tea bags but coffee. it's a thing where I live.

maybe you can make your own? Just steep in coffee water (sorry! bloody typo.) until it reaches the desired strength. 
    is dead like the dodo
  • I'm having a seriously bad day, I was up half the night because of the dog, slept in late and almost missed my morning class, broke my sunglasses (prescription so they're not cheap at all) and came home to the dog stealing a bag of bread of the table, ripping it to shreds but not actually eating any of the bread.

My glasses were fixed relatively easy, but it's the second pair that's randomly broken while on my face in the past year.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• When I worked in an office with lousy coffee, I played around with my coffee implements (coffee-holic, I have everything coffee) and froze coffee cubes - a blend of espresso and double-strained french press (double strain removes certain alkaloids that taste FUNKY when reheated).  Interestingly enough, coworkers avoided the bag of black ice cubes.

Plop two in a cup, add water, nuke.

• try using beans with a robust flavor? something that can stand up to rough handling and keep your satchets sealed in an air tight container. they'll last for ages!
    is dead like the dodo

• Eldanien said:
    When I worked in an office with lousy coffee, I played around with my coffee implements (coffee-holic, I have everything coffee) and froze coffee cubes - a blend of espresso and double-strained french press (double strain removes certain alkaloids that taste FUNKY when reheated).  Interestingly enough, coworkers avoided the bag of black ice cubes.

Plop two in a cup, add water, nuke.
    Maybe try that, or the fact we just got in a real coffee pot for the little country store.. Might just have to wait till Thursday. I do all the food orders, and the Activities Director is like me when it comes to coffee.. It is a must have.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Memo to past me: You don't deserve a spring break. You have too much to do to take time off to visit family. And this is why tomorrow future-you will have to pull an all-nighter to complete your essay which you should have worked on earlier but didn't.

It's like I've turned into one of my students oh nooooo. :(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Sylandra said:
    Memo to past me: You don't deserve a spring break. You have too much to do to take time off to visit family. And this is why tomorrow future-you will have to pull an all-nighter to complete your essay which you should have worked on earlier but didn't.

It's like I've turned into one of my students oh nooooo. :(
    I feel your pain. Three sermons to preach in the next 5 days, none of which are finished.

• What, no Maundy Thursday?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
    Tridemon said:
    What, no Maundy Thursday?
    Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, Easter Sunday (I don't have to do Easter Vigil this year, being covered by another).