General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• edited March 2016
    Yes. That was my response. 

and this face:

• I am glad that New Zealand labour laws are as generous as they are.
  • ...you only have a week off? Seriously?

• Well I have 5 weeks scheduled PTO. Just 4 (allegedly 5) days unscheduled
  • :S i just killed my eight year old laptop running a copy of the sims medieval. 
    is dead like the dodo
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    The way my company runs it it's a shared pool of 120/160/200 (ish) hours of PTO based on years of service, plus a number of 8-hour "floater" days to make up for holidays the company doesn't take off because we're a pharmacy, and you don't close pharmacies if there's a chance to get a patient a medication. If you take more than an hour unscheduled time off, that's half an occurrence. If you don't call in, it doubles. At 5 occurrences in a calendar year you get written up, which has all kinds of ramifications and doesn't fall off for 365 days from date of last occurrence. 

My gripe for the week, we missed our preferred wedding date because we procrastinated on securing our back-up venue. Now we're likely going to have the event late September, but I still have no idea what to do about a laundry list of things the wedding will need.
  • Today I learned my new manager does not decline applications for identity concerns. He emails me to decline them.

Why does he do this? Because if we incorrectly decline an application, they can dock our commission by 10% or more. So he just avoids the chance entirely by passing them on to us.

:)
  • So my boss asked me to come in on my day off earlier this week, and switch my day off to today. Now she just called and said she needs me to come in today still and to take off Friday instead. -_-
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Today I learned my new manager does not decline applications for identity concerns. He emails me to decline them.

Why does he do this? Because if we incorrectly decline an application, they can dock our commission by 10% or more. So he just avoids the chance entirely by passing them on to us.

:)
    That is scummy as hell...

FoS: Celina's boss
  • Oh, how I wish the world worked like that sometimes...

/starts a lynchfire train on various coworkers
  • You guys make me glad that the work I do is unconventional concerning time off and all of that.
    come2mag
  • Girl I like cancelled on our date plan for the second time today.

Just say no next time.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Pretty sure I have tonsillitis. So sick of my rebelling tonsils, this will be the 3rd time in a year?

• Rant: Girlfriend is staying with me for the week as it's her spring break. All of my various in-game, RP plans have since gone out the window, such as the big wedding which happened last night...

Rave: Last night, instead of letting me attend said wedding, she wanted to watch the movie Spotlight. If you haven't seen it yet, I absolutely urge you to. Definitely deserved to win Best Picture!

• Lavinya said:
    Pretty sure I have tonsillitis. So sick of my rebelling tonsils, this will be the 3rd time in a year?
    Get rid of tonsils, problem solved?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:
    Lavinya said:
    Get rid of tonsils, problem solved?
    Yeah Lav, just reach in there and take them out.

What's the issue?
  • Depending on where you are, finding an ENT willing to do a tonsillectomy on an adult can be tricky.  It's a fairly risky procedure, whereas it's not quite as bad for children.  I knew a couple of people who went through that process of trying to find one willing and competent enough.  One of them had to jump through a bunch of insurance hoops, so she could travel out of state to the one she found both willing and experienced enough to pull it off and even then she was given a 25% chance of Things Going Very Badly.

Which isn't meant to scare anyone off from doing it, but be sure you do your research and you're very sure of the physician you're working with.  I would expect the procedure to be very worthwhile for some people.

• Eldanien said:
    Depending on where you are, finding an ENT willing to do a tonsillectomy on an adult can be tricky.  It's a fairly risky procedure, whereas it's not quite as bad for children.  I knew a couple of people who went through that process of trying to find one willing and competent enough.  One of them had to jump through a bunch of insurance hoops, so she could travel out of state to the one she found both willing and experienced enough to pull it off and even then she was given a 25% chance of Things Going Very Badly.

Which isn't meant to scare anyone off from doing it, but be sure you do your research and you're very sure of the physician you're working with.  I would expect the procedure to be very worthwhile for some people.
    Wow, I was 33 -ish when a bunch of stupid decisions by the local family practice after  I moved resulted in a tonsillectomy. I wasn't told it would be risky at all. Had no complications. Was off pain medicine quickly, and cleaned out my closets during my very short time off of work. I still get sore throats though. Just don't have to worry about my tonsils looking like golf balls when I do.
  • I was just about to reply with a huge explanation of the why and how, but figured it wasn't relevant.  I'm glad it worked out well for you, and again, I'm not trying to scare anyone from pursuing one.  I just feel obligated to say 'hey, be careful here'.  It's too easy for the patient to end up with one or more concurrent infections post-surgery, many of which get nasty if they get into the bloodstream.  Many forms of strep love to eat red blood cells.

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I went clothes shopping today and was losing my mind, trapped in some world I couldn't understand. Women's clothing is nonsensical. "Let's make this t-shirt out of half the fabric and charge twice as much for it!" Ridiculous. I'm not paying nearly 30 dollars for a shirt that looks about as opaque as a piece of tissue paper. Bah!
  • Phoebus said:
    I went clothes shopping today and was losing my mind, trapped in some world I couldn't understand. Women's clothing is nonsensical. "Let's make this t-shirt out of half the fabric and charge twice as much for it!" Ridiculous. I'm not paying nearly 30 dollars for a shirt that looks about as opaque as a piece of tissue paper. Bah!
    Could be worse. They tried to sell me jeans that were already worn out (to the point of there being holes in the fabric) and faded for about four times as much as a whole and new pair of jeans cost me in another store.
    Ssaliss said:
    Phoebus said:
    Could be worse. They tried to sell me jeans that were already worn out (to the point of there being holes in the fabric) and faded for about four times as much as a whole and new pair of jeans cost me in another store.
    Don't get me started on jeans.

• Phoebus said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Phoebus said:
    Don't get me started on jeans.
    For some reason, the people in the store looked at me weird when I asked (in an intentionally slightly-louder-than-needed voice) why on earth I'd want to pay that much for a pair of jeans that looked ready to go into the trashcan.
  • I guess I won't mention how much I spend on clothes.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I just buy clothes at Costco. $25 for jeans? No problem.
  • I have only on very rare occasions bought brand new clothes. Otherwise it all comes from second hand stores.

I wish I could still find the one pair of jeans I had that fit my legs like perfect gloves. :( 
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Tarkenton said:
    I just buy clothes at Costco. $25 for jeans? No problem.
    You hurt my heart. I'm in physical pain right now.
    I own one pair of jeans. I tried on many pairs today and went home with none, because nothing fits me properly and I'm not going to shell out the ludicrous amount of money they're asking for something I don't love. Everything either fits my legs nicely but can't get over my monster hips, or they can get past my hips but then look like garbage on my legs and waist. The one pair I own requires a commitment of a couple minutes to put on or take off, but at least they're technically wearable. I mostly just wear dress pants out because they're the only pants that aren't pajamas or sweatpants that I can reliably fit into. Though, I am kinda down with my new discovery of skirts + leggings. This could be a beautiful new world for me, where I don't look like a lesbian who just got off work all the time. 
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I've been really into maxi skirts lately! They feel very south Florida and take into account indoor air conditioning without being overbearingly hot when you're outdoors.

I'm also very much a clothing hoarder. I keep everything. :( It was painful going through my wardrobe to toss things during earlier bug dramas. Painful.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited March 2016
    I got kids to clothe, feed, and keep a roof for. Besides, in the process of dropping weight. No point buying nice clothes to give away every few months. Besides, my wife likes what's under the clothes, and that's what matters.