General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• I turned down a job at Microsoft to work for the government and now I hate everyday of my job
  • Number 2 ..... No you cannot touch my hair.... I am not a puppy
  • I wish I could live on the moon. I feel like I belong there more than I do here on earth among people.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Kiradawea said:
    I wish I could live on the moon. I feel like I belong there more than I do here on earth among people.
    I have to say I feel the same way rather often. I'd prefer a bunker though. With a fibre uplink. Dog videos don't have people in them, after all (at least the good ones).
  • The problem with a bunker is that it's got too high a chance that someone's gonna find it and be a nuisance. Otherwise it's a very sound plan.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I cannot recommend the moon. They get terrible wi-fi.
  • I dunno. The latency can't get much worse than what I currently have. It might even be an improvement.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Too many migraines, too often. I yearn for the day I don't feel like I'm at war with my own head. Or at least for migraine medication that doesn't make me feel super ill. 
  • Annick said:
    Number 2 ..... No you cannot touch my hair.... I am not a puppy
    I like/don't mind people touching my hair.
    Except evil people, that's just annoying.

On an unrelated note; my bro had to put down his doggie today. She lived a full life[14+]. and died,not exactly in his arms, but with him right there.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    There are days at work I just want to freak out, lose my cool, and put coworkers in their place. Then I remember I work with family, so I get to swallow it and just impotently rage inside. Family businesses are great when your sister in law isn't a piece of crap.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited March 2016
    I love my family to death, and would take a bullet for most of them. But I just really don't like them. They are incredibly toxic, gossipy and stress-inducing.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    My two year old is sick, vomiting occasionally and really fussy/weak. This wouldn't be really so bad if she talked and told us if something hurt, but Evelyn babbles in her own language and gets angry if we don't understand her. The other night, she spent at least an hour pointing to her mouth and saying a single phrase, and we couldn't figure out what she was saying. Nothing hurt when we pressed on it, in her mouth or throat. Ugh.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Man - we're at the same point with our oldest. She's also 2, and the most frustrating thing is when she's melting down and we have no idea why because she can't calm down enough to clearly say what's going on. And our lack of understanding just frustrates her more, so the meltdown just becomes amplified. It's a terrible cycle. 

3 times out of 4 it's 'I want <insert random item of the day here>'. But it's never the same item.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    :( Poor baby. I hope your daughter gets well soon, Shaddus.

Meanwhile, students say the most astonishing and self-defensive things the moment you give them zeros for all their missing homework assignments. "I didn't know my homework wasn't loading in the system all month! Also, you were late replying to my one email during the first week, so why would I ever email you again?! I'm too busy for your office hours! I'm only absent for your class because I'm swamped with work for science courses! I would stay and talk to you about my bad grade but I really, really, really need to leave class early, so sorry, please understand! After all, I may be failing your course and not doing the work and showing up to 50% of classes, but my science classes are so demanding

If my class is that distracting for you, the final day to withdraw from a course is approaching. IJS.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Crush them without mercy.
    edited March 2016
    English teacher? Or professor, considering you're talking about dropping your class.
    I teach freshman English yeah. Required course for all degrees. Which means people back burner the hell out of it. :|
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    edited March 2016
    Yes, crush them without mercy. 

They signed up for the class, which means they signed up for the work associated with that. My later years in college, I'd have people who would commit to this group I was in (with the schedule of required events known when they signed up) and they would then try to say 'oh this class if kicking my ass, I can't make it, I have to study' or whatever. My response was 'you knew the time expectation when you joined, failure to manage your time does not excuse you from the commitments, you are free to drop out if you'd like, but missing said event is not an option if you're going to remain a part of the team.

So crush them without mercy, it's not your fault they aren't managing their time and it isn't your responsibility to make concessions because of their lack of time management.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Yeah, I really don't understand the difficulty people find with English classes. Splat out a paper the night before/morning of, get A, ace final. Granted, it helps when you've already read the entire reading list for the class when you were younger. Though, in the student's column, I had the misfortune of having terrible English teachers until my sophomore year in high school. Until then, and after to be honest, I was the annoying punk who came in, put his hood up, and had a nice little siesta. Get called on, blink, answer question, go back to sleep. Was a nice guaranteed nap every day though. Kinda miss them.
    Plus it teaches them real world skills because your boss isn't going to cut you slack because you didn't manage your time well.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Tark, I actually don't allow students to just BS the night before! I force them to turn in drafts as they go with increasing word counts, and we do peer review. I also do one on one meet ups to make sure they're on the right track. The people who don't do drafts and don't meet with me tend to do worse.
    Daraius said:
    Drafts count as splatting it out the night before too :p They just take less effort because peer review meant I needed to leave garbage in them for peers to find.
    This isn't to say that I didn't enjoy college English classes. The literature ones are excellent, and really engaged me. But most of the one hundred and two hundred level stuff I should have tried to test out of due to boredom.

And technical writing. That's an awesome class.
    Tarkenton said:
    Drafts count as splatting it out the night before too :p They just take less effort because peer review meant I needed to leave garbage in them for peers to find.

I can promise you that is still 100% a better situation for the person grading your paper than burning their retinas reading an entire essay written in a feverish 5am energy drink rush. Much better chance of being coherent! :-bd
    Daraius said:
    The trick is to sleep well, wake up, drink the energy drink, then write the paper :D
  • And then when they come to you crying, weeping out some BS sob story, laugh them out of your office!

At least, that's what I'd do...

If they can't hang, they should have a better work flow.
  • Finally paid off all my student loans.... Now have to go back in debt to finish my degree