General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• edited September 2016
    Oops. Wrong thread!
  • Ambiguity in education examination questions is the worst. I know that the length of the bar determines the amount of time used, and time is a resource, but is that what you mean when you ask me if the length of the bar determines the amount of resources used?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Kiradawea said:
    Ambiguity in education examination questions is the worst. I know that the length of the bar determines the amount of time used, and time is a resource, but is that what you mean when you ask me if the length of the bar determines the amount of resources used?
    My cryptography professor in college was notorious for that. Getting points off because their exam questions made no sense was aggravating. No amount of protest would get him to understand, however.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Oddly appropriate that crytography exams should be a little inscrutable.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • That's like the nursing student mantra.  Nursing professors are somewhat notorious for having their own unique take on nursing topics and exams, and students spend the first half of each rotation learning not only the material, but how that instructor uses English when writing exam questions.  In my class of 100 (of which less than 60 made it to the end), there were only a couple of us who managed straight A's - nevermind that over half the class started out at 4.0 GPAs.

Not all of that is the professors - practical material will always be more challenging than theory classes, especially for certain types of people, which is sort of the key difference between Nursing or Medicine vs Biology/Chemistry or undergrad Psychology.

But if I can read your question and interpret it in three different but valid ways, there's a problem.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    My courses stopped doing test reviews in class, as evidently the last class through got angry, close to violent to hear the stories. Highly aggressive, at least. 

My pharmacology professor  often says stuff in class that is outright wrong, increasing everyone's anxiety about tests... but I don't think she writes the tests.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    The last medication I was on erased my motivation/ability to draw, and even though I've been off it for months now and the motivation has sort of come back, I'm still struggling to regain the knowledge I had before. It's like I completely forgot the basics...Do I have to relearn this? Why would this happen? I don't understand. It's so discouraging. 
    Xenthos said:
    Brains are crazy things.
    Don't I know it. :unamused:
  • God I've been nearly dead from fatigue these past few weeks. And today I didn't get any sleep so I've been up for 48 hours. I can't retain any information and my RP is suffering :(
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Today was not great. Basically I lost my purse and after several wasted hours of searching I finally had to borrow money from a near-stranger in order to board the bus to get home. Fun, fun, fun.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Luce said:
    At 48 hours, why are you trying to roleplay? I'd be dead in bed.
    It was more the fatigue over the past few weeks doing it, I haven't been on in two days.

You're right I should probably sleep. Maybe I'll take some time to get my sleeping back in order!
  • Working through reports at work. Get access to the data
    for our phone system logs...

It's a lot of... "how does that column heading even make sense?" and "why isn't this in it's own column rather than something we have to assume?"
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    RIP Brangelina
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Wooo multiple-county internet service outages.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited September 2016
    This has been one of the most stressful work weeks I've had in a while, and it's only Wednesday.

On top of that, there are things I want/need to be doing for Lusternia that I'm not getting time/energy to do. Let me make it through the next two days, please, before I crack  :(

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Sunday night there was thunder so loud my boyfriend thought it was a bomb and was trying to get me to evacuate. At 3 am.

Monday night someone was singing opera. At 2 in the morning. Why. WHY.

Last night some piece of scum rapist got cornered in an apartment house a block away. 6 hour standoff with SWAT team until after 4 am. Gunshots. Police on PAs trying to negotiate for hours. Terrifying...

First month living with my boyfriend is going great...
  • Allergies. Death to pollen.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Two hours on video chat trying to smile and be cool with the little twitidiot who a client has hired to do what they have been paying me to do for them. They still have yet to come right out and say they're taking this work away, it's just these stupid casual-not-casual 'tell me how you do everything, just for our reference' conversations, with, 'by the way, could you write down everything we have just discussed in explicit detail' at the end.

I think this is how you start being paid to be a "consultant."
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    So I ranted before about a dumb log-in person who refused to work to the set out expectations or the compromise set out later. 

HR came back and said I can't do anything, we have to set this person on a 'set' schedule. No flexibility, works their hours, and done. Lets not talk about how this means that I'll most likely have to cover everything they don't get done so we don't fall further behind. I don't feel right asking second person to do it if I can't even hold the first person accountable for it.

We meet with them (my boss and I) and go over this, set the hours, everything is agreed upon, moving forward.

Said Person doesn't show up today. Instead I get a letter from our HR rep saying that they are on a leave of absence starting today until Dec. Now, in the busiest time of our year, I have to hire a temporary person, train them and get them all on board just in time for the busy season to end....

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Which set of genitals are they orally stimulating for that package? I don't qualify for LoA until I'm at a company for at least 3-6 months.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited September 2016
    They've been here since Feb. I don't even know at this point. Our meeting was yesterday, no show today. I had no idea until 3pm that they were officially on a LoA

I can't even. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    edited September 2016
    Edit: Nevermind. I'm not really ready to talk about this openly, I guess.
  • edited September 2016
    And here I was thinking I had a bad day by embarrassing myself while having lunch with the Senior Vice President of my department, along with the rest of his "Leadership Team", by wearing jeans while they were all in business attire!

• At least it wasn't a meeting with the President, like that poor guy a few years ago.
  • Alright, I goofed and got upset yesterday and vented on the forum. Can y'all quit the msgs and little comments at me, please? I'm generally dissatisfied that a vent that I tried to remove has turned into so many comments aimed at me oocly. Thank you.

I'm still in culture shock here and it's been a really bad week.
  • Sylandra said:
    I hate the DMV I hate the DMV I hate the DMV. So much.
    You forgot to bring the government employees cookies, didn't you.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Actual footage taken of Sylandra at the DMV

* * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."