General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Some providers have an invisible cap where they slow your internet down after a certain point. 
  • Synkarin said:
    ...NZ charges people for internet like phone data plans? 

Home internet in the US is usually charged by DL speed. There's no cap to internet usuage other than the speed. I get 50/50MBps for instance, but I can run video all day and night and not pay a penny more.
    That has been the standard over here so far but slowly we're moving away from that and into charging by DL speed. There have also been "unlimited" plans but those were usually throttled in the past.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited September 2016
    Comcast has been working on instating a data cap with overage charges; it's actually live in some markets already.
  • They have to pay for each sheep working the treadmill.
    HAH.  Take that, Comcast & Forum Mobile Conspiracy.  I have thwarted you and corrected the post to read what I wanted it to say.
  • We have caps here, or you could spend extra and get unlimited, but I feel like there's an invisible cap somewhere where it gets slower.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• "Congratulations! You didn't die."

• "Obviously I meant congratulations on getting through a rough time, god!"
  • This is not the worst my neck has been but it is extremely unpleasant :( I just cant get comfortable

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• edited September 2016
    I will have you know that I am a leading expert in the field of 'X' as you call it. It is an extremely important field of study, but I suppose you plebeians just wouldn't understand, I scoff. Please be free of my presence this instant until you become more educated and can hold a candle to my superior intellect.

Something like that?
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    My day consisted for four meetings in a row, the last one lasting three hours.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • My day consisted of me gutting an apartment building. Me on upper floor while another was on Main floor. Other guy had control of heat and was "cold" so turned the furnace up. It was also very dusty on the main floor apparently, as he had to open all the doors and windows, which made him colder, and so he turned the furnace up more.

Heat rises. Did you know heat rises? I sure found out today that heat rises. It was also 22celcius outside with a sunny cloudless sky. (you americans can figure that out yourselves). So it was not cold upstairs at all. Did I mention heat rises?

Yeah, picked my wife up from her job when mine ended and the first thing she said was "You stink." Thanks, honey, hi, how was your day? Did you know heat rises, honey?
  • Everiine said:
    My day consisted for four meetings in a row, the last one lasting three hours.
    Every-other Tuesday is like that for me. I feel your pain!

• edited September 2016
    In hospital with suspected appendicitis, secondary possible cause being a kidney stone. Waiting on results of blood test in hospital waiting room. Probably going to be out of commission yet again for another few days. 

*sigh* i can never catch a break...
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • I don't even know how to describe how I am feeling at this moment. I step outside to smoke and come back in my room. My underwear are on top of my pants that I just took off from work. Check my wallet. My debit card is missing. Only one other person in the house. This person tries to sneak out all quietly from the house. I lock my card from my phone while I am searching everywhere for it. Frustrated I go outside to smoke and said roommate pulls into driveway and makes half ass remark about needing to replace the porch light. Check my email.... Four declined transactions... Since I have lived here I have had so much money come up missing and this is supposed to be my friend. I don't understand why you couldn't have just asked.... Thing is...... I'm not mad or upset or even sad..... Is there such thing as like feeling pity and frustrated? Like well over $1k has been stolen from me and I'm not angry ..., just... Bleh
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Good lord, the kids across the street are PERSISTENT salespeople.

So I never have cash on me. My life has somehow become purely electronic in its transactions, but then your neighbor's kids knock on your door and ask for money for their school to get textbooks. And how will you say no to that? I can't. I'm a softie. I have no cash and ask if they accept checks written to the school. They do not. We stare at each other awkwardly. They say they can come back on Wednesday, and I say oh I'll be gone all Wednesday this week, how about Thursday?

WELL. APPARENTLY. School hours do not matter to neighbor's kids! I get persistent knocking at 10am, to my shock and surprise. I hadn't thought they'd come around until, like, 5pm. I freeze in place, unsure if I should answer and tell them I still don't have cash. They knock louder. And louder. Doorbell three times. There is no way they know I'm there; there is no way to guess from outside, as several cars are not in the driveway. Eventually they give up.

Then I remember I have to leave soon. They will see me enter my car. They will know I was hiding. Oh noooo.

Then my other roommate pulls into the driveway, and I move to greet her the kids ZOOM OVER to the door and ask me "do you have the cash" and I say "uh no I don't but come back in like 3 hours." I get in my car and I drive off to a meeting, then try to make it to the bank. The bank is closed. I try the ATM. It's the time of year where my brain dies and I forget my PIN, of course. OF COURSE.

I send a frantic text to my roommate asking if I can borrow $20 because "the moment I get home they will ask me for money." She says, "Oh yeah, those kids have knocked already like 3 times since you left lolol didn't answer. Sure, pizza tonight is on you."

I pull into the driveway and BEFORE I CAN EVEN GET TO THE DOOR the kids are FLYING OUT FROM THEIR PLACE to my house. "Hey you got the cash?" they chorus as they run over. I say no but give me a hot second I'm borrowing it from my roommate. They stand and wait patiently as I open the door, then call in for my roommate to hand me the $20, which I pass on, and they finally depart.

Freedom, finally achieved.

I so heavily doubt my $20 is going towards textbooks for the school they clearly didn't attend today, but at least they will leave me alone now. I am never ever ever agreeing to do anything like this ever agaaaaain ahhhhhhhh.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Daraius said:
    You just got hustled.
    Only way to win is not to play the game and never answer your door.  :'(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    I feel like the proper response to not accepting checks made out to the school is, "I'm sorry, who should the check be made out to?"  "C.A.S.H" is not a valid answer.
  • Or just say no.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Schoolkids near you have to buy textbooks? And ask strangers/neighbors for money? 
    Enyalida said:
    Schoolkids near you have to buy textbooks? And ask strangers/neighbors for money? 
    The line is "We're collecting donations for the school to buy textbooks," not "we need to buy them for ourselves" (hence her question about a check made out to the school).  Not accepting a check made out to the school is pretty darn fishy in that case!
    Xenthos said:
    I feel like the proper response to not accepting checks made out to the school is, "I'm sorry, who should the check be made out to?"  "C.A.S.H" is not a valid answer.
    Yeah. I was just kind of bewildered when it happened. Also I wasn't sure how to tell ten year old kids, "You are being very suspicious."

I don't know. We literally live right across from each other. I wanted to be a good neighbor. :( If they come by again I feel more comfortable saying "no" because at least now I can't be made out as the snobby girl who ignores doorbell rings.
    Daraius said:
  • Talan said:
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I think the correct retaliation is to hand out home-made paper bookmarks instead of candy for Halloween?
    Or the caramel onions that make the rounds every year.