General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• @Ushaara @Sylandra Thanks, both of you. <3

I literally don't have time right now for a club. It's been such a weird week of adjusting to schedules, not having the right textbooks to do homework out of, etc.

Hopefully in a couple of weeks things will calm down. Or they'll get worse. We'll see.

I am literally still attending classes because of sheer willpower and stubbornness. I don't want to continue to work in call centers for the rest of my life.

Organizing weekly physics study groups so we can stay on top of things. I feel like I'm at a huge disadvantage with the math but everything else will be a breeze, just time consuming.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Daraius said:
    You guys must have a weird way of making coffee down there if you can run out of beans midway through. :/
    I was making a double shot, and ran out after the first  :(

• i feel like i'm chewing on my own liver. it's not fun.
    is dead like the dodo
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited August 2016
    Paying someone for something should not be this impossible. O M G. I swear to god, if I have to pay a late penalty because of having the wrong email listed, dealing with a broken online system, and a game of phone tag where it takes me 45 minutes to find an available human being in every campus department, who inevitably has nfc how to help me and starts me over in the next department's phone queue, I am going to scream.

I have 25 minutes until all the offices close and I'm still on hold and I want to break everything.

EDIT: Got a body. Found out there's literally no way I can pay until the university marks me as a student who owes them money (which, for some reason, I'm not listed as owing?). Also I'll need to be put on a list by my department as "protected" from the late penalty for whenever that adjustment gets made. I... I don't know if this is better or worse, but at least I left e-mails, voice mails, and paper trails behind me. Time to sit on my hands and wait? :|
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Getting the  "why didn't you tell me you had an interview" guilt trip from people. Jesus can I not just enjoy the moment? It's like the last time I had an interview before this I got this huge lecture because I would need a car to get to it. I'm not a teenager and haven't been for almost a decade now, but my family members seem to feel I am.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    That stopped for me when I cut myself off from contact for a year or two. Which, in hindsight, was kind of mean, but was also kind of necessary so they would stop bloody smothering me.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I had a really bad asthma attack that's caused me to miss two days of work (and would have likely been fatal if my manager wasn't a saint) and be generally miserable and in pain. Things between me and certain players in real life seem to be rocky, and life in general seems hard to live. I feel guilty to my landlady and landlord because they see me in my state of depression and I know it upsets them to see it, and I've tried to assure them that I'm content with what they've provided me and that they can't help with mental issues, but it feels like it's very flat and weak.

I really hope things turn around, because I can't take this amount of stress or pain.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Feel better from the asthma and don't feel guilty about the other part, it will get better, sooner than you can ever think possible.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    My mind and soul are still checked out. I have work to do, but I've never felt so disconnected from everything around me.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • We’re writing to let you know that we’ll be discontinuing the ability to render HTML content in-browser via shared links or Public Folder. If you're using Dropbox shared links to host HTML files for a website, the content will no longer display in-browser.

Please note that this change will take effect for your account on October 3, 2016, and only impacts how shared files are displayed on the web. Your files will remain safe in Dropbox.

Thanks for being a loyal Dropbox user. 

- The Dropbox Team

Welp. No more dropbox html logs, I guess.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Excuse you. They're ITALIAN peasants, thank you.
  • Meeting new landlord to sign lease. Leave early so can get food first. Soon as we're out the door get a call that landlord wants to meet early, so just go straight there. Don't here from him for about 2 hours. Then he finally replied that he's at a high school fundraiser and he can maybe swing by later just to sign the papers and he'll send somebody else to actually talk about it.That guy isn't here yet either. Been waiting over 3 hours now
  • Update: The other guy showed up, but the Landlord was a no show at all. Whatever got all the paperwork done. And spent most of that time petting a cat, so, not a total waste of an evening. 
  • Tell me why I got into an argument with some random chick about my nationality .... Black/German she swears upon her life I am from Bangladesh and we got into a full blown argument 
  • Co worker: "I smell beer, I think it's my clothes."

YOU MAKE 90 GRAND A YEAR. WASH YOUR CLOTHES.
  • Annick said:
    Tell me why I got into an argument with some random chick about my nationality .... Black/German she swears upon her life I am from Bangladesh and we got into a full blown argument 
    I've gotten in the same argument, except I'm not Norwegian. I'm Italian. Same thing happened to my father. Some people are just weird.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Kiradawea said:
    Annick said:
    Tell me why I got into an argument with some random chick about my nationality .... Black/German she swears upon her life I am from Bangladesh and we got into a full blown argument 
    I've gotten in the same argument, except I'm not Norwegian. I'm Italian. Same thing happened to my father. Some people are just weird.
    You wouldn't believe how many people have tried to convince me I'm Jewish. Yes, I have a big nose. No, that doesn't always mean someone is Jewish. My family is French. Blame France for my face. Don't keep arguing that I'm wrong and you "know" I'm Jewish but just hiding it for some reason. :expressionless: I haven't quite figured out if people honestly think they're correct when they lock into arguments like this, or if they just really, really don't want to admit they were wrong about anything.
    Lol believe me I felt the same way.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    When your boss's boss gets mad that you didn't go to the meeting that was coded in the invite as "optional" because you were out of town, and to make up for missing the one supposedly optional day of re-hearing things (which you already know from the last two meetings that were EXACTLY THE SAME), you gotta spend 5-7 days going to meetings which are all far away and scheduled very inconveniently. Uurggghhh. :(
    Daraius said:
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Well, it was "optional"-- the other option is taking 5-7 days of meetings.

It's a pretty big stretch of the definition, though.
  • I recently started going to the gym with my girlfriend's cousin, and have been seeing some amazing results so far. It's been quite a blast!

...until yesterday, when I blew out my back doing deadlifts. Thought I had the technique down, but I guess not. It currently hurts to do pretty much anything.

God, I hate back injuries.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Wtb: way to nuke doldrums from orbit. Offering firstborn.
  • So a week ago I broke off a crown in the front of my mouth. Get told I have to wait a week while my gums heal. I'm like ok. As they put on stuff to give me a fake tooth looking thing, I get told I can't use it to bite, that I have to cut things up and chew on the side of my mouth. I can eat soup for a week I think instead(as I realized everything I eat involves me biting.).

Well, go in today to find I have to wait another week-ish while the dentist talks to a lab (who apparently closed at noon today...) about how to attach my crown back in a way it won't break off again or something.

• To the housemate who "cleans the bathroom" by spraying some Lysol in the toilet bowl and leaving it overnight, never touching a brush or sponge...

...Who empties the cat litter into a bag with a hole in it and then proceeds to drag it all over the house, alerting me of the fact only when there is indeed literally shit everywhere by suddenly screaming, "OH MY GOD THERE IS LITERALLY SHIT EVERYWHERE!!!" while jumping up and down all over it, grinding it further into the carpet...

...Who notices a bottle of cleaning solution with bleach turned on its side and leaking across a wooden table, but leaves it alone, surmising that, 'It must have been like that on purpose.'

I salute you.

#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Everiine said:
    My mind and soul are still checked out. I have work to do, but I've never felt so disconnected from everything around me.
    Thinking of you. I'm sorry.
  • I can kinda understand the first one somewhat. But the other two? How would anyone think leaking bleach anywhere would be on purpose. More so in a house with pets.