General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited August 2016
    Slightly related, TFW you've read through five books that led to one momentous event, which turned out to be... super anti-climactic. :(

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Freaking Sword of Truth series...worst ending I have ever seen...
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Rancoura said:

Slightly related, TFW you've read through five books that led to one momentous event, which turned out to me... super anti-climactic. :(

Not everything can be a ring drop into a volcano, unfortunately :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Reminder that the end of Lord of the Rings is Sam getting old after ousting Saruman and Wormtongue from the wasted Shire.
  • It is way too hot out to bike to work. My options are either take the train and be late, or spend the whole day sweaty and gross.
  • Luce said:

Not sure if you've read the Dreamers by Eddings or not...
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited August 2016
    Ssaliss said:

Luce said:

If an author ever feels the urge to write an ending to a multiple-book series that goes, "Hey, this could all have been done in two sentences in the very first book and nothing that happened in any of them actually mattered at all," here's a tip: Don't.
  • Xenthos said:

Ssaliss said:

Luce said:

If an author ever feels the urge to write an ending to a multiple-book series that goes, "Hey, this could all have been done in two sentences in the very first book and nothing that happened in any of them actually mattered at all," here's a tip: Don't.
    To be fair, that pretty much described the ending to all of the four individual books too. I can't really say I regret reading them, but I definitely won't be reading them again; they're a very far cry from the Belgariad or the two Sparhawk trilogies. Even the one-book Althalus had more content, as far as I'm concerned.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The Sword of Truth books are all really awful for a giant host of issues beyond a bad ending.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Nothing quite like a dream that I'm back in middle school again to make me feel like a bag of trash. I really didn't need to relive being a social pariah, brain, thank you, thanks for that. I almost never remember my dreams, why'd I have to remember this one? Yuck.
  • Ahh, David Eddings. I mean, that goddess in the Dreamers was cute and endearing in an irritating way, but yeah, the Belgariad was way better.

• I've been outside myself for five minutes and I'm already melting, curse you humidity.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• "Friendship" can be such an exhausting delusion at times. Sometimes I wonder if I wouldn't look better with dog ears and tail, considering how much of a patient pup I can be.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
    The slow, awful realization that my forehead seems bigger and my widow's peak is more noticeable lately because my hair is falling out. I am a woman in my mid-20's, and my hairline's receding. Fantastic. My hormone issues can go straight to hell.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Yes, apartment complex, you technically warned us you would be testing the fire alarms at 9 AM. However, I don't think it counts when you do so by email and flier. At 8:50 AM.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I'm imagining a super running around stealthily distributing fliers at top speed.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Enyalida said:

I'm imagining a super running around stealthily distributing fliers at top speed.

Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    The smell of lavender is completely repulsive and makes me want to vomit. Unfortunately, my mother is on a huge lavender craze at the moment. I feel like the house is a stink minefield. I just went to wash my hands, only to find that the hand soap in the bathroom is now lavender-scented. There is a lavender scented candle in the kitchen that kills my appetite every time it's lit when I go to find food. Her new shampoo, conditioner, and body wash are all lavender, so I have to avoid breathing through my nose around her or die gagging. Please deliver me from this smell hell.
  • I feel this way about coconut-scented things. I love coconut in foods, but something about the distilled essence of coconut, even in 'natural' products makes me gag. Do you hear me Burt's Bees? Stop using coconut.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Phoebus said:
    The smell of lavender is completely repulsive and makes me want to vomit. Unfortunately, my mother is on a huge lavender craze at the moment. I feel like the house is a stink minefield. I just went to wash my hands, only to find that the hand soap in the bathroom is now lavender-scented. There is a lavender scented candle in the kitchen that kills my appetite every time it's lit when I go to find food. Her new shampoo, conditioner, and body wash are all lavender, so I have to avoid breathing through my nose around her or die gagging. Please deliver me from this smell hell.
    Start burning incense. Or patchouli. <_<
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I'm starting to worry seriously about my husband...his OCD/mysophobia is already somewhat taxing: shoes off at the door, work pants in the laundry or wash immediately, if we go to a social gathering or to anyone's home we both have to shower and change clothes immediately when we get home, everything gets sprayed down with Lysol or wiped off with a disinfecting wipe if it can't take a bleach wipe, and if we touch anything near the toilet we need to shower right away, except to pee at which point not only do we wash our hands (which I do anyway), but he sprays/wipes down my legs and pants as soon as I get out. 

It's getting worse, though. He's saying it's just his stress levels, but things don't back down after the stress does. The kinds of things that cause him to hang up are getting more nebulous and he's taking more extreme measures, vacuuming up the entire area for crumbs, showering as soon as he gets home if we're out of the apartment for more than an hour, and today he asked me to bring the jacket I keep at work home to be washed, when I never leave it over the weekend anyway.  =/

I don't know what to do besides encourage him to see his doctor more often and try a different anxiety med again, I've already had to put my foot down about washing my hair each and every time I shower and he nearly had a nervous breakdown. I'm worried he's using cleaning things as a coping mechanism for things not being neat, clean, and orderly, and using that new level of clean as his 'normal'.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I don't know how people did airports without cell phones. Picking up someone who doesn't have one is insanely stressful and paranoia inducing.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    "The red zone is for the loading and unloading of passengers. There is no stopping in the white zone at any time." "No, the white zone is for the loading and unloading of passengers. There has never been any stopping in a red zone." "Don't tell me where to load and unload passengers."
  • I stepped on a shard of glass, from something that the kitten broke a couple weeks ago. There was a surprising amount of blood, which I had to clean up while keeping away said kitten and my dog while standing on a wad of paper towel. I did have help but keeping the pets away is a job on its own.

I'm okay, mostly just hungry but what a way to end the night!

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Dem nightshade blues :/
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Ciaran said:
    Dem nightshade blues :/
    No mercy, even in real life.