General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    I would imagine the lady just chalked it up to "Oh, he's one of those people" and called it day.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Like if someone called me up saying they'd lost a domoth I'd be like all whhhatt???
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Honestly, it was scripted. I think she just had the ability to give that away due to the outage and my brief complaint just prompted her to do it rather than deal with me further.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Rancoura said:
    I would imagine the lady just chalked it up to "Oh, he's one of those people" and called it day.
    Very probably this, still amusing. Would've been even more amusing if she would've asked what in the heavens a domoth could possibly be. Also no net stinks at times.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Aeldra said:

Would've been even more amusing if she would've asked what in the heavens a domoth could possibly be.
    "No, no, you have to do it from the HAVENS."
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Shaddus said:
    What's amusing is that so few people in Serenwilde forget how Celest and serenwilde used to trade Ryboi/Raeri/Veyrzhul/Glevich alts/Draylor alts back and forth between guilds just because they wanted to use different skillsets to raid Nil/Morgfyre/Fain/Raezon for hours.
    I've been in Serenwilde and the Moondancers for 3 RL years.... How does this still follow me?! :expressionless:
  • One of THOSE days at work. Our AM release rolled at...3 pm. Keep getting 500 errors on every new branch I look at. Want to check at least the APIs in Postman but the dev who I need to create a token has gone home. Go over to ask the architecture guys what's up and they just start laughing with this crazy look in their eyes. Time to back away slowly and count the days until we migrate to AWS...

And now I just heard someone musing about another push to prod. 

Fridays are always chaos in tech, it seems. 
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Advice for Artists: If you neglect your fundamentals, you will regret it. I regret it every time I have to draw a background. My environments are downright awful, but if I would've studied perspective more seriously as a beginner it wouldn't have to be such a struggle. Forcing myself to work on a boring subject I'm terrible at is a lot more difficult now that I have all these deeply ingrained bad habits I've picked up over my years of avoiding dealing with it. 

This has been a year of slow, slow progress in art. Weird medication-related setbacks combined with a desire to actually do things right instead of taking the lazy way out. Ugh. It's so hard to get back into this after 2-3 years of drawing basically nothing. But I wanna do this right, somehow. I need to figure out how to draw for fun again. And get out of my black and white portrait comfort zone. Actually learn how to render environments and work in color. God, what is even up with color? Why is it so weird and hard? 
  • I have this weird fear of returning the louboutin dress shoes I purchased... I haven't even opened the box because I'm scared they will look weird on my feet so I'll have to send them back.... and I'll go down in some weird book where all the works people talk about me behind my back and there are photos of me where they throw darts at
  • edited November 2016
    Annick said:
    I have this weird fear of returning the louboutin dress shoes I purchased... I haven't even opened the box because I'm scared they will look weird on my feet so I'll have to send them back.... and I'll go down in some weird book where all the works people talk about me behind my back and there are photos of me where they throw darts at
    Conquer those shoes! Put them on, head up, and walk like you own the brand! Annihilate anyone who dissed you in your shoes.
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • Had a one day vacation from life at the psychiatric hospital. Follow-ups to come.

Things are back to being a bit rough.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Aeral said:
    Had a one day vacation from life at the psychiatric hospital. Follow-ups to come.

Take care of you <3

• Lavinya said:
    Aeral said:
    Had a one day vacation from life at the psychiatric hospital. Follow-ups to come.

Take care of you <3
    Trying to!

I'm sorry, I know I've taken things out on a lot of people who play Lusternia.
  • edited November 2016
    Bad drunk Annick
  • Came to complain about pompous co-worker who can not stop butting into conversations to brag about nonsense, but catching up on all that raiding/griefing discussion from the last few pages, and man some stuff never changes does it? 

Not much that I can add to what was said, but sorry you had to deal with that nonsense, @Saz. Stuff like that is part of the reason I stopped playing for a couple years, and why I rarely get involved with any kind of conflict or PK stuff anymore.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    My graduate and under-graduate schools are merging (reuniting, really, as they used to be one institution). I'm not sure how I feel about this yet.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I wonder if that would trigger the Student Loan Forgiveness criterion for your school closing.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Don't think it really counts as closing. But, that would definitely be a plus. I owe a LOT more to my graduate school, which is basically rejoining the undergraduate school.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I just realised that the conference I'll be attending next week starts Monday afternoon....and stupid me thought it was in the morning and therefore scheduled her arrival one day before. I could have saved one night of hostel costs <.<
  • I was a big girl yesterday and scheduled a dentist appointment for the first time in four years. I'd probably have continued to put it off, but given I'm pregnant and having tooth pain, I suppose I'd better try to avoid any further issues for the baby. 

The worst part is that they gave me an appointment tomorrow, so no time to procrastinate about it. I'll head there right after work in the morning. Sigh.
  • Despite QQ being on my client-side command list, I didn't log out before going to the gym? I have no idea what happened and I feel terrible for it.

• Setting up new computer ... I thought I was smarter than this 
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Was doing really well at avoiding election anxiety because I have a lot of stuff to finish tonight (though of course I put it off until the evening because, poor decisions). Until people bring stuff up to me about it which, hello avalanche of anxiety, nice to meet you.

Y'all, I just want the peace of mind to get my work done before it's decided. Why you gotta steal that from me before it's absolutely necessary. :(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited November 2016
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
     :/ 
  • Lehki said:
    Donald Trump is, in all likely hood, about to become the President of the USA, with a Republican lead House and Senate. 

I have honestly never been so upset and disappointed in my life. 
    I am afraid.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I'm supposed to teach a class tomorrow and all I can think is oh my God how does a research paper matter anymore. How can anyone think about anything.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."