General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• That message means it's in the area. Since it doesn't give any other message, it means the location is sealed off, so quest ahoy!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Yeah, bare flicker means "in the area, but a long ways away".  There are some rooms in Spectre you have to get to by opening up doors.
  • Eritheyl said:

A temporal shard offers a bare flicker of recognition, a faint spark blooming in its depths.

I just don't UNDERSTAND. Why is it doing this in every room of Spectre Isle, but absolutely nothing in the Sea that SURROUNDS it?

Am I missing something?

This isn't for game-related rants/complaints.  :)]
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited November 2012

Then allow me to rephrase.

I was experiencing some General Dissatisfaction over a certain event that shall pass unmentioned on this page, until Xenthos helped a brother out.

(I keep editing this to make my 'unmentioned' bit less of a lie, but you're making it impossible with your quoting prowess!)

Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Eventru said:
    Eritheyl said:

A temporal shard offers a bare flicker of recognition, a faint spark blooming in its depths.

I just don't UNDERSTAND. Why is it doing this in every room of Spectre Isle, but absolutely nothing in the Sea that SURROUNDS it?

Am I missing something?

This isn't for game-related rants/complaints.  :)]
    Strangely enough, it worked anyways; complaint resolved!
    And if not here, where are they supposed to go?!

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Facebook?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

And here I thought we wanted the forums to get more use, especially after this spanky upgrade...huh.

Silly me :)

-

• Eritheyl said:

And here I thought we wanted the forums to get more use, especially after this spanky upgrade...huh.

Silly me :)

You could've certainly made a thread in the Q&A section just fine! :)

I just want to avoid the general dissatisfaction thread in the Real World group from turning into a rant thread for IG stuff. ;)
  • Or a new question in the Q&A section.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Or a new question in the Q&A section.
    Same-same.
  • Silly new forums not warning me there have been new posts made while I write mine :(
  • My Tax and Accounting Information Systems classes are giving me anxiety like I've never experienced before.
    Stangmar - Retired

• edited November 2012
    As happens with unfortunate regularity, my ankle has taken to its temperamental phase. I just fell over because putting weight on it not only failed miserably, but caused me excruciating pain.

After three days of varying pain and an inability to eat anything more substantial than a noodle, my jaw seems to have fixed itself just in time for Thanksgiving dinner!

The negative to this, of course...is that my back decided it doesn't want to support my body anymore, and is taking its turn at rebellion. Aches from top to bottom.

I can't win.

-

• That means that it's somewhere in the Spectre Island area, but not within 25 rooms.
  • edited November 2012
    I now see how people can become addicted to online shopping...

EDIT: Colored jeans will be the end of me... ;-;
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I've heard bits and pieces of a concert called 'Symphonic Legends' circa 2010, I think. It sounds amazing, but I can't seem to find the CD anywhere.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I'm sitting here, alone, in the dark, reading SCP Reports, getting more and more terrified with each passing moment.

What the **** is wrong with me?!
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Bleh... stuck transferring a website I've been running for a good 12 years now to a completely different webhosting provider... SOOOOOO tedious...
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • What am I thankful for this Thanksgiving season?  Prilosec.

Why is this in the dissatisfaction thread?  I'm not grateful for needing Prilosec.....
    Stangmar - Retired

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    My computer is making some really troubling grinding sounds. It always sounds like it's getting ready to keel over, but "someone put a rock in the garbage disposal" is a new level of terrible. Please don't die on me, computer. I know you're really old and tired, but we can't afford to replace you!
  • edited November 2012
    I was threatened with violence yesterday. The day before my grandfather went to the hospital because he keeps fainting and no one knows why.

At least I made a really good soup.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Phoebus said:
    My computer is making some really troubling grinding sounds. It always sounds like it's getting ready to keel over, but "someone put a rock in the garbage disposal" is a new level of terrible. Please don't die on me, computer. I know you're really old and tired, but we can't afford to replace you!
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it sounds like your hard drive is on its way out.

On the positive side of things, if it is only the hard drive, they are dirt cheap to replace these days.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
    edited November 2012
    Awake for over a day straight again, this time completely by accident. Passed my tired phase, passed my angry phase, passed my slap-happy/delusional phase...now I'm just floating in that awkward limbo of "You need to go to bed yes but I don't want to you can't make me you're not my real brain".

-

• QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Trying to be helpful, and getting shouted at for it. :(

• Kagato said:
    Phoebus said:
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it sounds like your hard drive is on its way out.

On the positive side of things, if it is only the hard drive, they are dirt cheap to replace these days.
    Plus, if you -really- need to keep using it, there are temporary options for running without a hard drive. Puppy linux is a great one, and mudlet finally behaves on the latest version to boot.
  • On the other hand, you may just have a loose fan, or have something sticking in the fan. Or a DVD drive dying on you.
  • Whoops, forgot my rant.

I tried to quit caffeine, and now that I've caved in after.. two days, italian roast tastes like cigarette smoke all of a sudden. And it's all I have. /why
  • Two words: Caffeine Pills.