General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Xenthos said:
    Why am I still at work after midnight... Why is there a virus rampaging around the network? Question two does answer question one, but not in any satisfying fashion.
    If you don't want the job, I'll take it. <unemployed> :(
  • It's finally feeling like December here. Had to wait for my car to defrost enough so I could drive to the laundromat. I need to buy another sweater so I have one to wear when I have to wash the other. BRrr!
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand

Hearing about what happened at Sandy Hook Elementary School simply made me sick to my stomach and want to cry.  Not having a child of my own I can't imagine the grief that must be going through the minds and hearts of the parents that lost their children in this tragedy.

I'm not a religious person, but I have one thing to say:  May god have mercy on his soul - I know I sure as hell wouldn't...

Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • I want to sleep, but I'm starting work in a couple hours. Working around the clock wreaks havoc upon my ability to sleep well.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • I need life to stop happening for a couple (read:a lot) of moments so can I think things through...
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    I have a professor, who in his infinite wisdom, decided not to hold his final exam in the time slot scheduled by the University. Either I am not on his announcement mailing list or he simply did not send out a mass email about this as he claimed. As such, I have failed his class, and my expectations for science professors have dropped down from exceedingly low to the expectation of active malice.

This is somewhat displeasing.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Portius said:
    I have a professor, who in his infinite wisdom, decided not to hold his final exam in the time slot scheduled by the University. Either I am not on his announcement mailing list or he simply did not send out a mass email about this as he claimed. As such, I have failed his class, and my expectations for science professors have dropped down from exceedingly low to the expectation of active malice.

This is entirely appeal-able. Talk to the dean and make it abundantly clear to him what a nitwit your professor is.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Yeah, I would argue the heck out of that.

I know. Surprising, isn't it?
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Portius said:

You better go and argue it. That is awful. :( Good luck.
    Further displeasure due to being told that nothing can be done to fix the previously mentioned problem.

I am sorely tempted to abandon my usual sobriety and consume intoxicants until I am incapable of being sad or angry.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Portius said:
    Further displeasure due to being told that nothing can be done to fix the previously mentioned problem.

I am sorely tempted to abandon my usual sobriety and consume intoxicants until I am incapable of being sad or angry.
    Noooo. :c I will offer what little I can to improve your mood. Here, be cheered up by this picture of a snake.  And this adorable turtle bread! And a wolf eating a watermelon. Is it helping at all, even a little? I hope so. :(
  • ZyphoraZyphora :: the sun in her splendour ::

Portius said:

Let's be un-Hallifaxian and get boisterously drunk in your secluded wisteria-overgrown cottage, which is where I imagine you live because of your avatar.

That seriously sucks and is totally unprofessional on the school/professor's part. :( Terrible.

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited December 2012
    Portius said:

What.
    /find-a-new-university

Seriously. It's your money (or whoever's money) that's going to waste because of this, and your credits, your time spent, etc. Keep fighting.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

Phoebus said:

Noooo. :c I will offer what little I can to improve your mood. Here, be cheered up by this picture of a snake.  And this adorable turtle bread! And a wolf eating a watermelon. Is it helping at all, even a little? I hope so. :(
    The animals look cuddly and make me slightly happier.

Thanks, everyone. I imagine I'll return to normality soon enough. All emotions pass with time.
  • You ever had that awkward moment when you're at work and suddenly one of your colleagues stumbles in so drunk that he can barely walk, much less in a straight line, and you have to set aside your work to make sure he gets a cab home?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    If I were you, I'd write letters of complaint to every high-ranking staff member I could think of until something was done.  The chancellor, the board of trustees, the board of appeals, you name it.  What he did is simply not on.  Also check with your classmates to see if any of them got this email he claims he sent out.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • My professor sure as hell took his damn time releasing final grades, several days after they're due.  I stayed up without sleeping for DAYS to get assignments done by HIS deadline, I expect some reciprocity.

Also, the power steering pump on my car is dying again.

And a kid at the school I work at filed a frivolous complaint about me today.
    Stangmar - Retired

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Kiradawea said:
    You ever had that awkward moment when you're at work and suddenly one of your colleagues stumbles in so drunk that he can barely walk, much less in a straight line, and you have to set aside your work to make sure he gets a cab home?
    Was he there for a shift, or was he just visiting? (If the former, I find this x10 more hilarious)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Being woken up by back pain so bad that I'm stacking maximum doses of both ibuprofen and paracetamol...and it's still hurting.

:(
  • Portius said:
    Phoebus said:

The animals look cuddly and make me slightly happier.

Thanks, everyone. I imagine I'll return to normality soon enough. All emotions pass with time.
    There is always, always something that can be done. I've spent the better part of the last few years fighting Universities about grades, transcripts and policies. Talk to your advisor - if they won't fight for you, find one that will. Talk to your University President. If they won't see you without an appointment, schedule five, then go to every single one until you have an option available to you. If, by the end of the first one, the Prez says there's nothing he can do, ask about a group meeting with the two of you and your professor.

Don't take 'no' as an answer, and don't let them tell you 'final' is a real word. You usually have 3-4 months from the end of the semester to have your grade replaced by said professor, depending on your University. They often don't discuss this or offer it as an option. It's your grade, your money, so fight like hell for it.

If they absolutely will do you no favours (this is often under the auspice of 'no exceptions, people would use it to cheat on the Final, and I'm not writing a final just for you' types of logical hubris that are outright insulting and degrading to your worth as a human being), apply for grade forgiveness, retake the class, and (so long as the coursework is the same) re-submit /every single paper and assignment/ that you did this semester. Unless your Uni has a policy against it, anyways. Most I've been to don't, as it's your work and they can't accuse you of plagiarism.

Whichever way, do not allow them to get away with that kind of snobbish, gross elitist behaviour. It's your education, and you should fight for it tooth and claw every single step of the way.
  • Tacita said:
    Being woken up by back pain so bad that I'm stacking maximum doses of both ibuprofen and paracetamol...and it's still hurting.

I believe most back pain (At least where injuries are concerned) comes from the muscles clenching to avoid injury, my father recently injured himself and was given Valium to help him sleep, works wonders. If you can't get any try some other form of relaxant... Alcohol maybe?
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    edited December 2012
    Lawliet said:
    Tacita said:

I believe most back pain (At least where injuries are concerned) comes from the muscles clenching to avoid injury, my father recently injured himself and was given Valium to help him sleep, works wonders. If you can't get any try some other form of relaxant... Alcohol maybe?
    Mine's caused by the core muscles around my spine not firing/offering sufficient support and then making them all go raaaargh too much effort. Got there in the end by stacking painkillers and staggering them so that I was never coming down off both types at once. As for alcohol - not with the amount of drugs I have in my system right now! (Which sucks as I'm supposed to be going out for Xmas drinks this evening...)
  • I finally caught up on the Walking Dead and I'm getting impatient for the season to pick up again in February.

I MUST KNOW WHO DIES NEXT
    Stangmar - Retired

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Anyone can die at any time.

The next big death will be... the VIEWERS.
  • Hopefully Carol.

The two new prisoners have more depth of character than her. And they barely even have names.
  • Yeah, Carol would not be missed(In fact, I forgot that she had disappeared until she showed up again).

But that's why the writers won't kill her.  This next death will have to be one that changes the dynamic of the group.  Somebody vital. It could be Daryl(Though I think he'll survive his current predicament).  He would then be replaced in the leadership by either Tyrese or Michonne.  That would be a new issue to work around for Rick and Co, adding a new outsider to the leadership.  But of course, none of us want Daryl to die, he's too f****ing awesome.   My next two guesses would be Herschel or Glenn. 

Stangmar - Retired

• Moving right along, I found a fantastic reticule mod for one of my games, but it's in russian. Anyone know a decent free SWF editor that I can use to translate it into something I understand?

• Moving right along, I found a fantastic reticule mod for one of my games, but it's in russian. Anyone know a decent free SWF editor that I can use to translate it into something I understand?
    Учи русский!
  • Svorai said:

Moving right along, I found a fantastic reticule mod for one of my games, but it's in russian. Anyone know a decent free SWF editor that I can use to translate it into something I understand?
    Учи русский!
    Bless you

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

• edited December 2012
    I am trying to remember the name of a song and I can't but I can recall specific imagery from the music video... ~X(
    Will you still love me when I am no longer young and fergalicious?