General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I went to way too many funerals last year. I'm hoping for nothing but weddings/christenings and birthday parties for at least the remainder of this decade.

/hugs Lavinya.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Dentists. Slobbering. Jaw ache. Think that covers it.
  • I'm sending Revan to chase you.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Ciaran said:
    I'm sending Revan to chase you.
    RUN @Zyphora, RUN!
  • Lavinya said:
    I hope to never ever have to attend a funeral of a child again. So devastating.
    I read something about this on FB; I'm sorry. I can't imagine how difficult it was.
  • Zyphora said:
    Provider tells me: "This medication might make you gain weight, so be careful!"

So what do I do?

Go out and buy a large chocolate bar and eat it all by myself.

Worth it? Maybe. Mmm toffee bits and almonds.

Someone take me running.
    Since quitting soda(for the most part, lol) I've actually put on a few pounds.

But that's largely because at the same time, my jaw ceased functioning...so I'm eating milkshakes for sustenance...otherwise I'll die.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Karlach said:
    I went to way too many funerals last year. I'm hoping for nothing but weddings/christenings and birthday parties for at least the remainder of this decade.

/hugs Lavinya.
    @Zilias says you can come to the baby shower.
  • Being sick. Waking up with what I think is a migraine. Either way, it hurts. Not being able to fall back asleep.
  • Stangmar said:
    Zyphora said:

So what do I do?

Someone take me running.

But that's largely because at the same time, my jaw ceased functioning...so I'm eating milkshakes for sustenance...otherwise I'll die.
    Check the sugar and carb count on those milkshakes. They can be worse than soda. Mix them yourself if you can, premade milkshakes often have the fiber removed so you get all the bad things from fruit but none of the good. When making them yourself, use whole milk and cream so you have fat for a filling feeling. Don't use just the fruit juice, put the pulp in for the fiber :)
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Drink blood
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Mysrai said:
    Dissatisfaction: there are not enough hours in the day. Or energy, for that matter.
    Can't agree with this enough times... >_<
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    This week has been awful in ways I cannot even begin to describe. I don't usually post here but I wanted to apologise to all of the people I may have snapped at during the past couple of days. I promise that I am absolutely not angry or upset at anyone here, and I am really sorry if my feels got deflected onto you.

What has happened is that my father, who I do not have any contact with by choice for unrelated reasons, almost died last week. He was cycling up a mountain and suffered a severe angina attack, during which he briefly stopped breathing. I found out on Tuesday. The hospital have ruled out heart attack and pulmonary embolism, but he is still suffering from chest pain whenever he exerts himself and is going to have to go for a lot of further tests.

I want also to thank everyone in the Glom skype chat for helping distract me on the first afternoon and evening after I found out. I don't think I would have managed to sleep (halfway through the BGO game, oops!) if you hadn't all rallied behind my request for something to do other than staring blankly at the screen. I'm sorry I couldn't tell you at the time what had happened; I just couldn't put it into words.

As is usually the case when bad things happen I won't be on Lusternia less in the ensuing days, if anything I'll be here more - but I might be rebuffing requests for things. Please bear with me whilst I do. And thank you all for being, flaws and all, the most wonderful and supportive community to be a part of. I don't think that gets said enough.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Aww, @Tacita. -hug-
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Rialorm said:
    Stangmar said:
    Zyphora said:

So what do I do?

Someone take me running.

Check the sugar and carb count on those milkshakes. They can be worse than soda. Mix them yourself if you can, premade milkshakes often have the fiber removed so you get all the bad things from fruit but none of the good. When making them yourself, use whole milk and cream so you have fat for a filling feeling. Don't use just the fruit juice, put the pulp in for the fiber :)
    LOL, fruit.  No, these are not fruit smoothies.  I've been getting the sonic blast cookie milkshakes at Sonic.  oreo, reeses, etc.   Definitely very little nutritional value.  My problem has been time.  I work several miles from home, so at lunch I just run to the nearby Sonic.

Anyhow, my jaw finally opened back up yesterday.  I'm going to avoid the shakes for now :(
    Stangmar - Retired

• Just got over stomach flu, still feeling weak and gross.

... and the car is dead, broken down in a parking deck 40 miles away from home.

-skeptically eyes 4 mile walk to work-

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Aiyana said:
    Just got over stomach flu, still feeling weak and gross.

Ick, I'd suggest giving work a call and explaining the situation, be honest and thorough, they may be able to organise for someone to come give you a ride or suggest something else
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • There should be an enforced time limit on meetings. Four hours is not cool. My poor brain. And considering I have my performance review this afternoon, I was constantly afraid I'd be seen as inattentive or not caring. This drained me even more. Uuugh, weekend please :(
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Second rant because fuck it: Job review went terrible. Had to tell them the real reasons why I am always tired because they thought I just stay up stupid late and am a massive slacker. Then get told off for not telling that to begin with. Then get suspected of breaching contract because I didn't tell them what side business I am starting and they thought I was trying to sneak it by them. Hadn't even considered the fact that I can steal source code. Then finally get my request for working from home shot down by me living nearby and thus not qualifying. Explain that it would help my tiredness. "We'll think about it". They better, because even though I know that is a big no already, I will keep nagging about it just because I'm pissed and done with this bullshit.

But hey, I can stay on after probation, so yay right? Time to gather myself up and make something of my side business, that's for sure.
  • After 2 days of freedom, my jaw has locked back up.  Fuck this.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Kagato said:
    Aiyana said:
    Just got over stomach flu, still feeling weak and gross.

Ick, I'd suggest giving work a call and explaining the situation, be honest and thorough, they may be able to organise for someone to come give you a ride or suggest something else
    Unfortunately, there's only 3 people that work at my store, myself included. My boss lives in said city where my car is kinda just chilling, and my coworker is a single mom that constantly having to hustle with her kids on her days off, and she's off the next few days that I'm working. I'm kinda SOL on this. :( Could be worse, though, I guess.

• I was going to say that 4 miles isn't 'too' bad...but then I reread the first line.

Stangmar - Retired

• Rialorm said:

Second rant because fuck it: Job review went terrible. Had to tell them the real reasons why I am always tired because they thought I just stay up stupid late and am a massive slacker. Then get told off for not telling that to begin with. Then get suspected of breaching contract because I didn't tell them what side business I am starting and they thought I was trying to sneak it by them. Hadn't even considered the fact that I can steal source code. Then finally get my request for working from home shot down by me living nearby and thus not qualifying. Explain that it would help my tiredness. "We'll think about it". They better, because even though I know that is a big no already, I will keep nagging about it just because I'm pissed and done with this bullshit.

But hey, I can stay on after probation, so yay right? Time to gather myself up and make something of my side business, that's for sure.
    Contact a lawyer for advice. Today.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Is this a normal college experience?  :-O
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Drunk people in general sure seem to be. Most of them probably aren't as bad as him, though. This sort of thing was the general experience of living with him, though.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I never had that kind of crap in college.  I only ever had one roommate that drank, and the worst that came of that was me coming home from class to find him passed out naked on the floor.  Unpleasant sight, but no shaved dogs around.   He got kicked out by the end of the semester for some reason.

Stangmar - Retired

• Rivius said:
    Sudden onset of unexplainable anxiety and horrible insomnia ~_~ There will be no coffee strong enough.

A short walk and some stern talking to, with the gods in your head helps. Then if all else fails try distraction. Avoid procrastination type activities though, from personal experience it's all to easy to get sucked in and then lose a large chunk of your day.

Basically exercise of any kind (walking your dog, etc. whatever floats your boat) and keeping busy. Guided meditation helps a wee bit. sometimes. It depends on yourself. 
    is dead like the dodo