General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Stangmar said:
    Elayde said:
    I guess I'm kinda in the middle of a mixed rave and rant, but after last night's tornado here that (rave:)barely missed my house by a little over three quarters of a mile and (rant:)instead went on to hit my son's elementary school and the area back there (oh, and my workplace too, so maybe I won't have to go into work tomorrow. [nobody was there, at least])...

It's coming again. Thanks. We're about to get this mess twice in two days. Do not want. I'm moving to outer space.
    So sorry to hear about your workplace. I'm glad you're safe though, and hope you stay safe for the rest of it. 

How's your kid taking the loss of his school?
    Fortunately, most of the damage they had was all their huge pines falling around it and some of the roof coming off. Don't know if they'll have school tomorrow/rest of the week, but we'll see. The most damage was in the subdivisions next to it. Spent my morning helping a friend cut up trees and clean up.
  • BLOODY TUBE STRIKE AAAAAAARGH!!! It messes up everything and screws everyone up. Like, seriously, everything would be OK without it but NOOOO.

This strike doesn't prove anything, either, and it screws with me and others who have no control over the factors of why it's going on. I won't say more as the politics is messed up and complex and I don't want to start something here. Just... sucks.
    Retired.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Roller Coaster of a day -.-

Have to go out, realize I have 5$ so that means I can pick up some bread and then a burger! (Hush I wasn't expecting to have a dime for another 2 weeks)

Car starts sputtering real bad....

Open trunk to get a rag before I check under the hood, find a whole box of Nature Valley Bar's from Airsofting!! 

Pop the trunk open and break the locking mechanism so it doesn't shut anymore...

They're having a special on Rally's fry burger /melt

Car sounds like it's spitting something, but it's not leaking :((

FML
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Lusty's the only good thing to me these past few days. RIP.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    RIP Bob Hoskins :(  

English actor Bob Hoskins, who is best known for his roles in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit' and "Hook," died following a battle with pneumonia, his rep tells BBC News. He was 71.

"Bob died peacefully at hospital last night surrounded by family, following a bout of pneumonia," his agent said in a statement. "We ask that you respect our privacy during this time and thank you for your messages of love and support."

Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
    Had enough of my flatmates.  Have lodged a formal complaint with the body corporate, requesting that they either do something about my flatmates or give me the option of being able to freely terminate my tenancy agreement with them immediately due to not wishing to be trapped in a toxic and potentially dangerous living environment

• Kagato said:
    RIP Bob Hoskins :(  

English actor Bob Hoskins, who is best known for his roles in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit' and "Hook," died following a battle with pneumonia, his rep tells BBC News. He was 71.

"Bob died peacefully at hospital last night surrounded by family, following a bout of pneumonia," his agent said in a statement. "We ask that you respect our privacy during this time and thank you for your messages of love and support."

Aw man. He was cool. I loved his films. RIP.
    Retired.
    aaaaaand I think I have the leverage now to get them summarily evicted from the flat.  They screwed up BIG time.  Not going to go into details in here because I don't want to risk breaching forum guidelines by discussing potentially illegal activities committed by them.

• Kagato said:
    aaaaaand I think I have the leverage now to get them summarily evicted from the flat.  They screwed up BIG time.  Not going to go into details in here because I don't want to risk breaching forum guidelines by discussing potentially illegal activities committed by them.
    But now...I'm really curious.
    edited May 2014
    Elayde said:
    Kagato said:
    Messaged you privately.  Currently waiting to hear back from the police whether my suspicions were correct, if they were, the flatmates in question will be evicted.  As it is they are already on final warning for breaching the noise ordnance repeatedly for the flat (no loud music after 9pm - they have had music going up until as late as 4am)

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    I require a boat, an oar, and a can of spinach.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Morning, scumbag brain.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Zouviqil said:
    I require a boat, an oar, and a can of spinach.
    I hope that car was insured, picture provided by the police department, and it's down the block... road... river... thing...

• Kagato said:
    Elayde said:
    Kagato said:
    Messaged you privately.  Currently waiting to hear back from the police whether my suspicions were correct, if they were, the flatmates in question will be evicted.  As it is they are already on final warning for breaching the noise ordnance repeatedly for the flat (no loud music after 9pm - they have had music going up until as late as 4am)
    Bad thing to hope for but I still hope they get thrown out because bad flatmates like that can be really stressful. I live in an apartment and had to go complain about noise a few times, it's no fun and you're usually treated like you are some boring person who wants to ruin everyone's fun.

My rant: Family members who share 'look at what the illegal immigrants did this time' shaming stories. Can tell elections are coming up. I'd pick the whole story apart and point out all the flaws but tbh I'm sure most of these anecdotes are just fake. I'm real tired of the 'these foreigners get money and we have to work hard to get a pension at the end of our life'. You are not faced with being sent back to where you came from, and you can save for your pension -and- get a tax reduction on top of that. Not to mention money that goes to immigrants is a fraction of what is allocated to pensions. Yeah, I get that this recession isn't fun for anyone, and it is hard for older generations who've always considered themselves entitled to certain perks, but it'd be nice if people looked at the bigger picture first before sharing such things. It makes you look dumb :(
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Simple solution to most first world country economic problems : soylent green all the baby boomers.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Comcast. Oh you're building up essence? No you're not, here's a a 30 second lag burst for no reason. LOL you died.
    That's why you're always better off having Cox.

Oh, wait, cable companies don't compete with each other, that's right.
  • Move to Canada.

No lag since I moved to my new apartment out of a gaming house, ever. 

Appropriately placed rant about still being sick and about failing training at work. (failing isn't the worst thing in the world, but even so...)
  • Tarkenton said:
    That's why you're always better off having Cox. Oh, wait, cable companies don't compete with each other, that's right.
    Cox is awful. Our internet goes down EVERY NIGHT while I'm watching Justified on Amazon.

I thought Baja broadband was terrible.
    Stangmar - Retired

What part of town are you in? I've been here seven years, and had an outage from them once. And that was during a giant Noah level rainstorm.
  • I'm near Cheyenne and Rainbow, just off 95.  

It may very well be our router.  Sometimes unplugging it for 10 seconds works.  Sometimes it doesn't.  Might be multiple factors.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• Are we trying to establish whether or not Celina likes Cox? I'm not a fan personally, but I'm not one to judge

(sorry, I've never heard of a company named "Cox" and I couldn't resist...)
    Yeah...service should be decent around that area.  I'd say try snagging a new router, and if that doesn't do the trick, possibly a new modem as well if Cox provided it when you moved.  Should be under warranty from them still if you bought it.
  • Tarkenton said:
    Yeah...service should be decent around that area.  I'd say try snagging a new router, and if that doesn't do the trick, possibly a new modem as well if Cox provided it when you moved.  Should be under warranty from them still if you bought it.
    The modem predates me at this house.  I'm just renting a room....my roommate, the owner, has had the internet connection for years IIRC.  
    Stangmar - Retired

Ahhhh, okay, makes sense.  I'd see if you can con him into updating to a DOCSIS 3 modem, tell him it'll let him get to the ( )Y( )'s on the intertubez faster (if he's a tech illiterate) as well as replacing the router.
  • He's definitely tech illiterate.  He's roughly 60 years old and uses the internet infrequently.

I don't complain because he pays the bill, lol.   My rent is cheap and I'm close to work.
    Stangmar - Retired

• edited May 2014

I break everything. That is my dissatisfaction.

Currently Playing in: The doctors office. One more needle and I might just lose it again.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Trial postpone till the 4th of July. Could they have told us that before we turned up today? Probably. Would it have saved my father unwanted stress? Likely. Would we rather the whole thing over and done with? Definitely.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Had a late shift at work, decided to stop in at the local Carl's Jr to get some dinner.

Get home and find the order wrong, plus the chips are bone cold.

Now I remember why I don't eat at fast food outlets anymore.  At least it was pretty much impossible for them to screw up my milkshake that came with it.

• It has been my observation that playing Lusternia with a six year old asking 10 questions a second about everything that happens is... well, a little difficult.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."