General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Hiriako said:

Moving. Why does every place require 60 days notice to move out, but nobody will let you wait 60 days to move in? Makes it really hard to actually move if you can't guarantee a place in time. ARGH!

Also, panic, excitement, and a modiucm of flailing. I start school in two weeks. Work full time, school for 7 hrs a day, 2 days a week, and Lusternia. I'll be the fool still putting in a lot of time, but I'm going to be doing too many things for my own good!

If you need help with anything within my power to help with, let me know!
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Karlach said:
    Why am I not surprised that you of all people play EVE.

I just started so I don't know what that means. :(
  • I'd play EVE if I had the money for it.
    I don't. That's my general dissatisfaction.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Tried eve. Discovered could not control ship with joystick. Uninstalled.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Tried EVE... made half a bil isk in a month and a half (Along with another bil worth of assets), found it boring, ditched it.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Celina said:
    Karlach said:

There are lots of ways to grief and many of them are perfectly allowed. You'd make a fine pirate or suicide ganker :)
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • I volunteered of my own free will to work today when I could have just stayed home and slept in and enjoyed Jane Eyre and Lusternia. I think I've caught the dreaded crazy.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I'm tired. I take a nap. I wake up feeling much worse, with a bad taste in my mouth. This happens every time. Why do I think naps do me any good?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Celina said:
    Karlach said:

It's an absolute heaven for manipulative merciless violent ganker types.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• My landlady sent me an email about a week ago asking if I was planning on renewing my lease this coming August. I want to move closer to my employer, so I responded with a no, as did both of my current roommates. She said this was fine, and she'd start looking to fill the house in June. 

Flash forward to today, when my roommate comes home and announces that our landlady is showing the house on Sunday, and I have 0 time to clean and prepare for strangers to enter my living space and my bedroom. I'm am 30 kinds of pissed off and upset right now.
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • Having breakdowns and anger issues.

Meeeh.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited May 2014
    Parua said:
    My landlady sent me an email about a week ago asking if I was planning on renewing my lease this coming August. I want to move closer to my employer, so I responded with a no, as did both of my current roommates. She said this was fine, and she'd start looking to fill the house in June. 

Flash forward to today, when my roommate comes home and announces that our landlady is showing the house on Sunday, and I have 0 time to clean and prepare for strangers to enter my living space and my bedroom. I'm am 30 kinds of pissed off and upset right now.
    I don't know what the tenancy laws are in your area, but here in NZ a landlord needs to give a set amount of warning (typically 24 hours) that they intend to enter onto the property for almost any reason except for an emergency. Might be worth looking into it, otherwise she may do it again (possibly more than once) during your remaining 3 months. Also showing the house 3 months early gives me a rather bad feeling, I'm wondering why she is jumping the gun like this.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • I had a landlord that was the same.  He'd pick the worst week and call you up the morning of to announce that he was coming by to show the place.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• Karlach said:
    Are there any science fiction themed MMOs or MUDs that aren't, and that have a meaningful amount of activity? I've always wanted to find one, but every specific one I hear about has some fatal flaw like that.
  • Karlach said:
    Celina said:
    Karlach said:

Not everyone that plays that is a ganker kthnx. :P  Played for quite awhile. Miner to the core lol. Even have a shitton of screenshots, cause damn they have some epic graphics in there.

That bein said, yeah, Eve's home for the moralistically impaired most of the time *grin* Whole corps dedicatin to doing as much damage to as many as they can. Bitch to work around but you can succeed. :D
  • Kagato said:
    Parua said:
    My landlady sent me an email about a week ago asking if I was planning on renewing my lease this coming August. I want to move closer to my employer, so I responded with a no, as did both of my current roommates. She said this was fine, and she'd start looking to fill the house in June. 

I don't know what the tenancy laws are in your area, but here in NZ a landlord needs to give a set amount of warning (typically 24 hours) that they intend to enter onto the property for almost any reason except for an emergency. Might be worth looking into it, otherwise she may do it again (possibly more than once) during your remaining 3 months. Also showing the house 3 months early gives me a rather bad feeling, I'm wondering why she is jumping the gun like this.
    she gave 24 hours notice, so there is literally nothing I can do about it.
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • Parua said:
    Kagato said:
    Parua said:

she gave 24 hours notice, so there is literally nothing I can do about it.

Kagato said:
    Parua said:

Kagato said:
    Parua said:

Per lease requirements I always had to give 2-3 months notice, and I've always secured a place at least two months ahead of when I was going to be moving in. 
  • Are there any science fiction themed MMOs or MUDs that aren't, and that have a meaningful amount of activity? I've always wanted to find one, but every specific one I hear about has some fatal flaw like that.
    This is a flaw??? hahaha
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited May 2014
    Zalana said:
    Karlach said:
    Celina said:
    Karlach said:

Not everyone that plays that is a ganker kthnx. :P  Played for quite awhile. Miner to the core lol. Even have a shitton of screenshots, cause damn they have some epic graphics in there.

That bein said, yeah, Eve's home for the moralistically impaired most of the time *grin* Whole corps dedicatin to doing as much damage to as many as they can. Bitch to work around but you can succeed. :D

Oh I know not everyone is, speaking as a CONCORD loyalist here. But it's heaven for those who are.

Also SW:ToR certainly isn't a game for manipulative merciless ganker types. It's WoW with Lightsabers

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited May 2014
    Lendren said:
    Karlach said:
    Are there any science fiction themed MMOs or MUDs that aren't, and that have a meaningful amount of activity? I've always wanted to find one, but every specific one I hear about has some fatal flaw like that.
    The best sci-fi MUD I found was Star Conquest, but I don't know how it's going these days, it's been a while since I've played it. They have everything from asteroid mining, alien warfare, salvaging for credits, customizable apartments, etc. It's actually rather a fun game (or was).
  • Dramube triangle quest requires you to make a triangle. I love geometry! Should be no trouble, right? Except it isn't really a triangle. It PRETENDS to be a triangle... but the angles are wrong. THEY'RE WRONG! MY MENTAL PICTURE IS BREAKING! IT HURTS MY MIIIIIND!
  • Did the angles sum to more or less than 180 degrees? This is an important question, since this will determine the curvature of space and thus the fate of the universe!
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • Ieptix said:
    Did the angles sum to more or less than 180 degrees? This is an important question, since this will determine the curvature of space and thus the fate of the universe!
    The angles are given - the ship only turns 45 degrees at a time. Meaning the only possible triangle it can inscribe is a 45/45/90 triangle. Which means it only works if the "north" distance, multiplied by the square root of two, equals the "northwest" or "northeast" distance. And it never does! IT NEVER DOES!
    edited May 2014
    Belibi said:
    Ieptix said:
    Did the angles sum to more or less than 180 degrees? This is an important question, since this will determine the curvature of space and thus the fate of the universe!
    The angles are given - the ship only turns 45 degrees at a time. Meaning the only possible triangle it can inscribe is a 45/45/90 triangle. Which means it only works if the "north" distance, multiplied by the square root of two, equals the "northwest" or "northeast" distance. And it never does! IT NEVER DOES!
    Never had a problem with the Dramube quest. It's a right triangle. Also, you need to spam-greet the guy until he tells you which way to go first.

And there's a triangle for you that has 45/45/90 degree angles.

EDIT: The quest is a bit wonky in that you can't move and turn, or he'll claim you got him lost. Turning is always done first, then movement.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Belibi said:
    Ieptix said:
    A squared + B squared = C squared.  That's how to solve Dramube.  It works... as long as it doesn't spawn with the "unsolvable" state (I don't know if it got fixed, but there was one puzzle in which the distance was so small that it was impossible to actually complete it).
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    turn port, turn starboard turn port turn starboard move 3

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Elanorwen said:
    Belibi said:
    Ieptix said:
    Never had a problem with the Dramube quest. It's a right triangle. Also, you need to spam-greet the guy until he tells you which way to go first.

And there's a triangle for you that has 45/45/90 degree angles.

EDIT: The quest is a bit wonky in that you can't move and turn, or he'll claim you got him lost. Turning is always done first, then movement.
    I don't claim the quest is unsolvable. But with a 45/45/90 triangle side AC will always be the same length as side BC. And in the dramube quest those sides are -never- the same. The correct way to solve it is to ignore the angles and just use the pythagorean theorem like Xenthos said. But it bothers me that it explicitly says "turns 45 degrees" when clearly it can't be turning 45 degrees if the triangle has the sides that it has.
    Belibi said:
    I don't claim the quest is unsolvable. But with a 45/45/90 triangle side AC will always be the same length as side BC. And in the dramube quest those sides are -never- the same. The correct way to solve it is to ignore the angles and just use the pythagorean theorem like Xenthos said. But it bothers me that it explicitly says "turns 45 degrees" when clearly it can't be turning 45 degrees if the triangle has the sides that it has.
    Okay, well... the problem with having different angles is this... are you going to be moving north-by-northeast next? Or is it northeast-by-north? How are you going to explain THAT turn in terms of tokens? A single token turns the speeder from north to northeast or from north to northwest. Roughly facing in that direction is what I gather. Yes, a 45/45/90 right triangle requires that the two shoulders be the same length... but again, thinking about it, you'll have more trouble explaining the other option.

• If I wanted to advocate a change, I'd be posting in simple ideas or something. Instead I wanted to complain about how the puzzle, without being difficult or unsolvable, is BREAKING MY MIND
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

So much math talk.