General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Alcohol is super fun.  Trying to get drunk in Utah is NOT fun.  We honestly tried chugging pitchers and couldn't do it.  Consequence, peeing 1000 times in immaculately clean (bar standards) bathrooms.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • I want to be an herbalist (IG) sobad. Not so I can harvest myself. Just so I can replant the entire Glomdoring and then convince herbalists to give me free stuff.
  • Come2Seren.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Can't be a Wyrdenwood in Seren.
  • Irrelevant! (It's all about the free stuff, man.)

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    The free aging process when you join Serenwilde, and your hair turns grey through stress as you quickly accelerate towards bitter old man syndrome?

I'll pass :p

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• You're hilarious.

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    As a recovering Seren, I thought it was spot on.
  • The "old man" part seems aimed directly at me, and I barely even play now, so whatever is still there has very little to do with me. The majority of my own "dissatisfaction" has to do with the pointless, disparaging remarks like this. However, YMMV.

Iasmos said:
    The "old man" part seems aimed directly at me,
    You think too much of yourself, it was generic.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Didn't discharge my static electricity before plugging my headphones into my work computer, thus causing it to crash and take several hours worth of work with it.  

I can't wait til the computers rise against us so I have an excuse to start blasting them with a shotgun.

Or zombies...I'll take zombies too.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Karlach said:
    Why old? Why man? Who do you have in mind when you make these off-hand comments?

edited May 2014
    Iasmos said:

Karlach said:

Why old? Why man? Who do you have in mind when you make these off-hand comments?

The premise that stress prematurely ages people, and that the stereotype of bitterness is an old man, who sits on a swing bench on his porch yelling at kids to get off his lawn.

You can stop thinking it's all about you now, Marvin.

• You meant to say bitterness, not stress. Stress is fine, even good at times. Careful with those stereotypes, too, Francis.

No, I meant what I said. Excessive stress leads to burn out, burn out leads to bitterness.

• There is good stress and bad stress. Obviously, excessive stress over long periods is really bad.

Burnout is not exactly what leads to bitterness, though it definitely makes people more susceptible to feelings of negativity.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ladies, ladies, get a room or something.

Aetherflare happening while I am supposed to be getting the kids ready for school. Then remembering it's school photo day. Panic! At least we made it on time, hair brushed and all!

• Everything is blah.  Blah blah blah blah blahity.  Somebody give me energy and motivation!!

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• Iasmos said:
    Irrelevant! (It's all about the free stuff, man.)
    I get plenty of free stuff. This is more my scheme to REGULARLY get free stuff while at the same time making the people who're giving it to me grateful instead of pissed off. It's a project. No fun skipping to the rewardy bits.
  • Tridemon said:
    F*ck drunk drivers. F*CK DRUNK DRIVERS. If I had been driving anything smaller than that van, we might be having a funeral. F*ck drunk drivers.
    Hope you are ok. Best of luck with the damage to the van, I imagine it's pretty severe. 
  • Power went out for a minute at work today.  This is the second time this week that I've lost everything I was working on(the first being the other day when I plugged my headphones in without first discharging myself, causing the computer to crash). 
    Stangmar - Retired

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

Because "Bitter age ambiguous hermaphrodite" sounds weird.

• Your references are biased. Try searching Google Images for "bitter." Virtually no old men anywhere, just food, cars, beer, and manga.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Okay. Stop being a bitter beer. Nope, still doesn't make sense. 
  • Stangmar said:
    Power went out for a minute at work today.  This is the second time this week that I've lost everything I was working on(the first being the other day when I plugged my headphones in without first discharging myself, causing the computer to crash). 
    Any way to save what you are working on as you are doing the work? I obsessively save in both games and while working due to past experiences like this.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Can we bring the flags now?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited May 2014

Iasmos said:
    Your references are biased. Try searching Google Images for "bitter." Virtually no old men anywhere, just food, cars, beer, and manga.
    Found that on the first page of search results when I image searched "bitter" (then again I do live in a different country, so maybe that factors in)

EDIT: Also yes I know that "bitter" in the context likely refers to whatever the heck it is that he's drinking.  :p
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • He's in the 1%.

• I adore our lead developer because he actually takes the time to review your code and tell you what you can do to improve. This is the first job where we have this and it has been so helpful to get better at my job. However lately he is just plain rude in communicating this and things just escalated after another colleague got told he's using an outdated way of doing things. Said colleague slammed down his water bottle on his desk, and then our lead dev just walked out angry. Not the first time today this happens, and this is after weeks of slowly building tension I've only now consciously been able to notice. Like, I knew things were brewing but I thought it was just the boy culture. 

The colleague who got berated only this morning remarked things would be better if we'd talk about it, and I'd been fearing since it would come to this because people just don't talk (I am guilty of this too). This worries me :( I don't want there to be further escalation or for anyone to feel unhappy, but at the same time if I speak up I'll probably get told to shut up and stay out of things. But he's the same way to me, just not as badly, although I've also got berated today for my inability to test things properly because I overlooked a bug that only was introduced at the end when I wrote a little extra code and thought it wouldn't affect the whole as much. So it's a dilemma between sticking my hand into the fire and further burn myself, or slowly succumb to the fire pointed at everyone.

But at least now I get why I feel this dread whenever I start on a new task, right? :(
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.