General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Rialorm said:
    Stangmar said:
    Power went out for a minute at work today.  This is the second time this week that I've lost everything I was working on(the first being the other day when I plugged my headphones in without first discharging myself, causing the computer to crash). 
    Any way to save what you are working on as you are doing the work? I obsessively save in both games and while working due to past experiences like this.
    Yes, all of my programs have a save button. I just never click it. :p
    Stangmar - Retired

• @Rialorm: If you're feeling dread when you're starting a new task, it can't help productivity. Sounds like there's definitely some grievances that aren't being aired that everyone would benefit from actually talking about. If you don't make any headway, is there any kind of HR department you can talk to? Dealing with things like this (at least, once they become too serious for the participants to handle themselves) is part of their job.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Ileein said:
    @Rialorm: If you're feeling dread when you're starting a new task, it can't help productivity. Sounds like there's definitely some grievances that aren't being aired that everyone would benefit from actually talking about. If you don't make any headway, is there any kind of HR department you can talk to? Dealing with things like this (at least, once they become too serious for the participants to handle themselves) is part of their job.
    Could mention it to the managers. But I think I'll rather stick my hand in the fire and speak to the lead dev myself first. It's bound to cause less hate than to stick the managers on him. And I can take it to management if he then turns on me. I did notice that the lead dev took some days off in the coming week, hope some vacation time will do him well.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • @stangmar is there a "ctrl+S" shortcut for whatever y ou're working on?

do it every 15 minutes or when you complete something. I've never lost progress in a project ever since I've started doing that. :D Adobe programs can be rather buggy. 
    is dead like the dodo
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited May 2014

So not sure why that's been done in this particular fashion, but it seems the browser client is very good at freezing up the entire browser with any minor lag to the point where even the input line can't be used to try and get out of a tricky situation. Not to mention loading the room contents and/or the map of a new area. Simply trying to enter the Matrix location from the mandala room freezes the client for 3+ seconds. I'd say that definitely needs some looking into.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Finally home for summer after finals. Get my computer booted, promptly discover that I didn't actually save the last version of the thing I'm working on. I'm now out several hundred words of mushroom descriptions.

suffering
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Elanorwen said:

So not sure why that's been done in this particular fashion, but it seems the browser client is very good at freezing up the entire browser with any minor lag to the point where even the input line can't be used to try and get out of a tricky situation. Not to mention loading the room contents and/or the map of a new area. Simply trying to enter the Matrix location from the mandala room freezes the client for 3+ seconds. I'd say that definitely needs some looking into.

It also disconnects when you enter Mysrai's temple. Only place I've seen that does that consistently, so far.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Kicking a character out of an IC guild clan because you know they are an alt is just not cool......IC is IC keep it that way

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Leolamins said:

Kicking a character out of an IC guild clan because you know they are an alt is just not cool......IC is IC keep it that way

Moral of this story. DON'T PLAY ANYTHING OTHER THAN LEOLAMINS
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Elanorwen said:

I abandoned the browser client for precisely this reason. Every time there's an update accompanied by the announcement "we've worked on the lag", I fire it up, try to enter and move in Serenwilde, wait for the map to load, then say, "lol nope" and go back to a useful client.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited May 2014
    My internet has lost connection entirely for 2+  minutes twice this morning. Once while I was on Celestia. THIS IS 2014. Shitty capitalism letting shitty companies provide shitty internet with no competition.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I've been having horrible internet problems lately too. Haven't been able to do simple things like walk around and gather bards, pilgrims and scholars without taking several seconds to move or frequently disconnecting. It's so frustrating :(
    Celina said:
    My internet has lost connection entirely for 2+  minutes twice this morning. Once while I was on Celestia. THIS IS 2014. Shitty capitalism letting shitty companies provide shitty internet with no competition.
    Just wait until net neutrality is canned and companies are allowed to provide even more subpar service and rake in extra dollars by charging you extra for the very basics.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Everiine said:
    Celina said:
    Just wait until net neutrality is canned and companies are allowed to provide even more subpar service and rake in extra dollars by charging you extra for the very basics.
    Already headed that way.  Add to that the proposed Comcast / Time Warner merger.

Also, there was news about Comcast considering a data cap within the next 5 years or so for its users.

I wish there was more competition, the price they charge for the services they provide is pretty unreasonable.  Polls showing customer satisfaction with their cable companies have all showed a significant drop recently, too.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    2/4 children with vomitting bugs, waiting with great trepidation for the other two to start.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    So I saw the new Robocop.

I regret doing so.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Pre-deadline panic. I just discovered that footnotes would be much more elegant than my usual parenthetical citations...but I usually don't use footnotes and feel insecure using them. Now, to rewrite or not to rewrite all my citations (not that there are many of them...I guess, I forgot lots of them or considered things to be general knowledge). 
    I rolled my ankle playing pickleball :( . I hate when I do that and have to hobble around. I'm 28, I'm not old!

• Karlach said:
    So I saw the new Robocop.

I regret doing so.

Stangmar - Retired

• Everiine said:
    I rolled my ankle playing pickleball :( . I hate when I do that and have to hobble around. I'm 28, I'm not old!

Next you'll be yelling at those young whippersnappers to get off your lawn

.oO---~---Oo.

"Perfect. Please move quickly to the next post, as the effects of prolonged exposure to the signature are not part of this test."

NARF!

No, I just need to cut my lawn. Which, now that both neighbors have cut theirs, I know where the property lines are, so I'm good!

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I've just been a lot less emotionally stable lately, and for no good reason at all. Too much back and forth between blithe and depressed. Bleh.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I know that feeling too. Hopefully the low points are brief and you can convince yourself the high points will last. Our brains are weird.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Choice between venturing out into the pouring rain or staying home and building a pillow fort.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Everiine said:
    What in the world is pickleball?
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Neos said:
    Everiine said:

I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Tacita said:
    Kethaera said:
    Choice between venturing out into the pouring rain or staying home and building a pillow fort.
    That is not a choice.
    Always, always PILLOW FORT!
    Neos said:
    Everiine said:
    THIS is Pickleball: