General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Synkarin said:

turn port, turn starboard turn port turn starboard move 3

Did they fix that one? You used to not be able to turn port / turn starboard (it was not adding / removing 45 degrees but just counting how many ports were used or how many starboards were used, and if neither were enough you got lost even if taken together they should have you going the right way).
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Right in the middle of a domoth in the middle of doing something risky, literally right before activating serpent my phone dies, my laggy connection with it. Oh well.
  • Xenthos said:
    Did they fix that one? You used to not be able to turn port / turn starboard (it was not adding / removing 45 degrees but just counting how many ports were used or how many starboards were used, and if neither were enough you got lost even if taken together they should have you going the right way).
    The answer, I have discovered to my chagrin, is still "no".

#stillhasn'tfinisheditonce
  • To resub Eve, or not to resub Eve...
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Celina said:

So much math talk.

Wait till you do EVE-O theorycrafting :D

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Belibi said:
    Xenthos said:
    The answer, I have discovered to my chagrin, is still "no".

#stillhasn'tfinisheditonce
    Yeah, I gave up on Dramube. Particularly after I heard @Leolamins didn't get his epic quest letter after completing his first run through. It's my last required quest to start the chain though, so I really need to do it.
  • I just got over $1000 in free financial aid after I already bought everything for my upcoming semester.

Must...resist...subbing...EVE..
  • Marcella said:
    I just got over $1000 in free financial aid after I already bought everything for my upcoming semester.

As a former college student, I must urge you to resist.

You'll hate yourself if you don't.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Working every spare minute(until now) all day since I woke, and I have only... three more writing assignments to finish by tomorrow. I am already looking forward to this class being over.

In other news, I won't be doing much in Lusternia during the week for the next few weeks.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    So I've been working through spring cleaning the house this week (it needs it, we live like students despite all being in our late 20s). Doing one room a day so that it doesn't become an insurmountable pile of cleaning. It was going well.

Today is the kitchen's day. Wasn't feeling terribly excited about it so I put on the loudest and most obnoxious Spotify playlist I could find (it rick rolled me at one point, so it's earned that name) and started. Tidied away a load of junk first of all, and then moved on to actually cleaning.

So I'm running water down the sink as I go back and forth scrubbing things up, when there's a knock at the door. It's our landlord, who owns the office downstairs (we live in a two-story flat above their 'shop'). He asks if I'm running the washing machine, and I explain that I'm spring cleaning. "Oh," he says, "because your kitchen drain appears to be blocked and is flooding our office".

...awkward.

Luckily they are lovely landlords, and are fixing it straight away (the advantage to having them just there). I don't know how much damage it's done but hopefully it's fixable. The worst thing is that I'd just got my cleaning momentum going, too!
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    Stangmar said:
    Marcella said:
    I just got over $1000 in free financial aid after I already bought everything for my upcoming semester.

That depends! I found, and still find, that small investments in things to keep me occupied at home cost me far less than paying for things to keep me occupied when I'm out, like bars and such. Especially in the alcohol soaked distraction buffet that is college. It can get very expensive to keep yourself entertained. Some people have self control and can just not spend anything, I am not among them. Sometimes saving money requires a little investment.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    also: Come play EVE with me. Let's space grief some bitches. IJS. 
  • Celina said:
    Stangmar said:
    Marcella said:

That depends! I found, and still find, that small investments in things to keep me occupied at home cost me far less than paying for things to keep me occupied when I'm out, like bars and such. Especially in the alcohol soaked distraction buffet that is college. It can get very expensive to keep yourself entertained. Some people have self control and can just not spend anything, I am not among them. Sometimes saving money requires a little investment.

Good point. I was fortunately to cheap in mindset to spend money on outside entertainment during school. I would buy or rent the occasional movie instead.  

Now that I'm done and have a job, I spend more than I'd like to...but I am adhering to my savings plan.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Celina, I'd happily come grief space bitches with you if I wasn't afraid you'd grief me like a space bitch.

I never kind of leave my house except to go to class anyway. Heh.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Wtb frigate wolfpack corp to go roaming with.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• If I recall correctly my character flew Merlins really nice before my sub expired.

My dissatisfaction is that I've lost my debit card.
  • I somehow managed to break my blinds which means that I get ALL the light in my face...in the early morning <.<
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I really want to like games like Alpha Centauri and Civilization but I just cannot get into them. Is something wrong with me? :(
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    I really want to like games like Alpha Centauri and Civilization but I just cannot get into them. Is something wrong with me? :(
    Maybe. They got a steep learning curve. Plus you kinda have to decide what sort of victory you want to go for and all. I suggest some Youtube tutorials :)
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    Daraius said:

I feel the same way about crusader kings 2.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Daraius said:
    It's okay, Daraius. You and I can play the Sims and be happy.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Turnus said:
    I bought CK2 while it was on sale, largely because the various things I've seen made it seem super interesting, but after playing it, I wasn't blown away.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    As a huge CK2 fan, I'm curious as to what you didn't like about it?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Portius said:
    As a huge CK2 fan, I'm curious as to what you didn't like about it?
    It didn't blow me away and pull me in. Things seemed very plodding and tedious.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • I absolutely love the EU series. Tried CK though, but the main problem for me was keeping a large country without all my feudal lords revolting one by one. All that micromanagement to keep my lords happy kinda drove me away.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    That part can be pretty tedious until you work out the strategy. If you use selective breeding/education to make people like your character and try not to let any family (including people in your own who are not you) get more than one province the revolts change from having tons of tiny ones that are boring to suppress to being rare but being huge and interesting when they do happen.

Back on the topic of general dissatisfaction, I've been back with my parents for all of a week and I'm reminded why I despise them. I may have made the mistake of encouraging my father not to beat his dog for barking and received a rather irritating amount of yelling and several thrown objects for my trouble. I'd disown him if not for the fact that I need his money (and hey, any money that goes to me is money that he doesn't have, which is like revenge) and my wanting to make sure I get the chance to choose the least pleasant nursing home possible for him.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited May 2014
    So, inbetween working on my Craft Yarn Council certification course work and going to actual -work- work, I have to plan some kind of crochet project curriculum for the classes I'm teaching next month. The suggested samples aren't exactly suitable for the timeframe...who wants to make an easter bunny in June?

:-S

Edit: OH ALSO, I have a two hour project demonstration on Saturday, and no idea what that's going to be, either. Wheee.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Portius said:
    Back on the topic of general dissatisfaction, I've been back with my parents for all of a week and I'm reminded why I despise them. I may have made the mistake of encouraging my father not to beat his dog for barking and received a rather irritating amount of yelling and several thrown objects for my trouble. I'd disown him if not for the fact that I need his money (and hey, any money that goes to me is money that he doesn't have, which is like revenge) and my wanting to make sure I get the chance to choose the least pleasant nursing home possible for him.
    Ugh, beating a dog for barking? Not that it is ever ok to beat any animal. Wtf. :( 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • edited May 2014
    Turnus said:
    @Yomoigu and I are obsessed with that. Missing out! Related dissatisfaction: CKII truces. Mama wants to war with Norway. :(