General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• I'm just going to go ahead and apologize to anybody I laughed at when they were getting snow and subzero temps.

F****ing Vegas.
    Stangmar - Retired

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Heh, welcome to the heat boyo.  IT GETS WORSE :D:D:D
  • Tarkenton said:
    Heh, welcome to the heat boyo.  IT GETS WORSE :D:D:D
    I know. :(

My landlord/roommate is 59 and does not like the thermostat set below 85.  Partially for cost, partially for his personal comfort tolerances.   I was sweating my balls off last night trying to sleep.  I'm probably going to look for another place to live.  

Also, I bought a car with a black interior, lol.
    Stangmar - Retired

• edited June 2014

Having to go to the office this past week to work for 10 hours a week, on six separate days.

I think I spent more time in public transit than in the office.

• Ilthilior said:

Having to go to the office this past week to work for 10 hours a week, on six separate days.

Want my 13 hour days, 5 days a week instead?
  • Aeral said:
    Ilthilior said:

Yes, because that's more than ten hours a week.
  • Man, it sure is painful to have a job where I can work from home whenever I want, I can go into the office at whatever time I feel like it, leave whenever I feel like it.

Sucks. 

(I'm an asshole)
  • Ilthilior said:
    Aeral said:
    Ilthilior said:

Lol, try 13 hour days, 6 days a week.  That's me during tax season.
    Stangmar - Retired

• I used to pull double shifts, 4.5 hours at one place in the morning/early afternoon and 8-9 hours at the other right after. Then for a while I worked 7 days a week, 7-8 hour shifts on the weekdays and 4.5 hours on the weekends.

Right now I'm sitting at a solid 14 hours a week... it's weird.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I envy people who get to go home from work. Kids are an around the clock job!

• Stangmar said:
    Ilthilior said:
    Aeral said:
    Ilthilior said:

Lol, try 13 hour days, 6 days a week.  That's me during tax season.
    For the first two or three weeks of tax season that's me as well. So much paperwork, so little time. I did so much unpaid overtime.
  • Can't finish these stupid genie bottles. Pretty sure its never going to happen now. :(
  • edited June 2014
    Grading exam scripts for first year history students is soul destroying. None of the marks count towards their degree classification and you can really tell. Oh well, only another 9 hours of marking to go.

(Saveeeee meeeee)
  • I enjoyed my US History class, although it had nothing to do with my Accounting degree.
    Stangmar - Retired

• Chade said:
    Grading exam scripts for first year history students is soul destroying. None of the marks count towards their degree classification and you can really tell. Oh well, only another 9 hours of marking to go.

(Saveeeee meeeee)
    Have any of them classified the American Civil War as an urban myth?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • edited June 2014
    Tridemon said:
    Chade said:

(Saveeeee meeeee)
    Have any of them classified the American Civil War as an urban myth?
    You mean that shit really happened?  Daaaaaaaaamn.

:P

I've actually met people who claim the South was the legitimate victor.
    Stangmar - Retired

• How do I find my order ID for my elite membership
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Goddamnit @Leolamins
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Panic attacks leading to irrational action and mindset. I think I'll just write today off.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Estwald said:
    How do I find my order ID for my elite membership
    Message Esty? If you want to cancel it, Esty can help there too.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Estwald said:
    Omg an Estwald. This is both a rave and dissatisfaction.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Karlach said:
    Panic attacks leading to irrational action and mindset. I think I'll just write today off.

I'm sorry.

I hope tomorrow is better for you.

Estwald said:
    It's on the invoice of your last receipt, if you no longer have it you'll have to emaill support.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    While I am already missing my time away from Lusternia, this may be a good thing. I enjoy the deep RP Ev's been involved in, especially lately, but it can be emotionally taxing. I need to be able to pull away and remind myself not to worry or care so much, as it is only a game.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • 3 RCMP Killed, 2 Wounded 

This is just a few hours away from where I live. The suspect is still at large. It's a dark day for little ol' NB.
    I have a stupid stinking headcold and I feel like crap. WHERE ARE MY SICK DAYS??? (Mother not being a full time job my ass)

• Offer to do a shitty renaming job because nobody else wants to do it. Get told you didn't do a good enough job because some renames slipped through the net. Why are you bitching at me when you only yesterday told me yourself it must have been a terrible task to do :( 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • That sucks @Rialorm. I gave an intern working on a research project a similar task and felt really guilty for handing it over since its the dullest type of job. When you're dealing with large amounts of data it's also nearly impossible to get it all right on the first go, you always need a fresh set of eyes to check it. Tell whoever is mad at you to go screw themselves >.> (Well maybe think that at them rather than telling them directly :p)
  • Yeah, the problem is that Visual Studio renames everything automatically expect some UI stuff which you have to go in and do yourself. I found a trick to detect which files might be affected but I still had to manually check them. A few files I'd been overeager on, and another it seems I had forgotten about. All in all considering the size of the job, I was pleased with it. The person who is mad is grumpy over something else, but if he does it again I'll say something about it because that is not ok :(
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Slight insane sounding rant that I need to get out that's not on Facebook.

Customers, I don't care if your machine being down is costing you "thousands" per day.  If it really cost you "thousands" per day, then get another frakking machine to have as a backup because, and I know this is going to come as a shock, computers fail, yes, even Macs.  Going on to accuse me of being unprofessional and not knowing what I'm doing when the Apple parts depot ships bad parts to me does not get your computer fixed faster.  If anything, it makes me want to take it outside and just throw it into the middle of traffic.  Or "accidentally" erase your drive that you don't have a backup for because, again, you're an idiot.  Furthermore, there is an express fee for a reason.  I don't tell you that it's likely going to be 2-3 business days until I can get to your machine for the fun of it.  It means that people who checked their machines in first get seen first unless you pay extra to go to the front of the line.  Again, if it costs you "thousands" per day, an extra $75 for me to put up with other people calling wanting to know why their machines aren't done yet ought to be worth it.

</insane rant>