General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Hmm... @Tarkenton, I'm going to refer you to a certain forum that you might identify with- http://www.customerssuck.com/board/. It's pretty much a place designed for this kind of venting, where you'll generally get plenty of people identifying with your problems and support if you need it.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Thinks @Tridemon.  Just one of those days today where I'm not handling people as well as I would normally.  And since I work with family, and am linked to the shop's page on Facebook, putting the same thing up on Facebook is more than likely to get me in hot water.  Appreciate the link though.
  • Landlord/Roomate says the router can't possibly be having issues because the lights are on.  
    Stangmar - Retired

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    The day star fades too late and rises too early. No sleep was gained last night.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Karlach said:
    The day star fades too late and rises too early. No sleep was gained last night.
    Consider a sleep mask, or blindfolding yourself with a scarf. 

@Tarkenton: All of my sympathies. Clients are such a catch-22. Can't live with them, can't live without them. And if I may stereotype, Mac users are so used to their walled garden that it can be frustrating to work with them.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Speaking of computer issues- my poor laptop has a hard drive that decided to go kerblooey.  Poor thing.
  • I tried to upgrade my Linux server to the newest Ubuntu, and, as has happened at least twice before, the upgrade destroyed my hard drive. I have to reformat and start over completely, yet again. I wish I knew how to easily backup and restore a Linux system, so I don't keep losing SSH keys, web server configuration, and other things that are a pain in the ass to set up.

• Iasmos said:
    I tried to upgrade my Linux server to the newest Ubuntu, and, as has happened at least twice before, the upgrade destroyed my hard drive. I have to reformat and start over completely, yet again. I wish I knew how to easily backup and restore a Linux system, so I don't keep losing SSH keys, web server configuration, and other things that are a pain in the ass to set up.
    Ouch =( 

What I tend to do is keep my /home on a separate partition. Then I'll use cron to tar up and shunt configs and the like to dropbox.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    edited June 2014
    The above is why I put all my work software in VMs. It has the added benefit that if I want to do a major upgrade (I use software that majorly integrates with the computer and is very fickle). I can do practice migrations until I know all the issues are sorted out for doing a "live" upgrade. Though whenever possible I would just keep it on a VM.

Really. Once you go virtualization you'll never want to go back.

Edit: if you keep your server as a virtual server backup/restoration is as easy as zipping. And computer upgrades are as easy as copy/paste into the new machine.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Time to look for a new place to live methinks. Our AC died today, and I don't get the feeling that my landlord is inclined to have it fixed, as he likes it hot.
    Stangmar - Retired

• these days my ability to be objective about life can only be soothed by the consumption of food. :D (/sardonic) 9/10 I don't even want or like the food in question. Just the idea of consuming it!
    is dead like the dodo
  • Oh good fuck it's hot here.  I guess this is karma for all the people in cold climates I mocked during the winter.  Windows and doors are open, fans everywhere, I'm sprawled out half-naked gasping for air.

Stangmar - Retired

• TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Ahh...the joys of central heating and cooling.  Is a balmy 76 in my house right now due to preggonaut.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    (( I need to stop complaining about things, there are worse things than my issues ))

Went on vacation with my fiance to Atlantic City. Drank the tap water. Throat went raw from doing so, or at least it feels like it is. I'm so stupid for doing so that I make idiots look like rocket scientists. The water smelled like pool water, so I should have just bought one of those tiny water bottles for $4 instead of drinking the tap, but my being broke convinced me otherwise.

Got sick on the third day there (five day vacation). Three days later, still sick. Fever has ranged between 100.6 and 102.0. It's my first day of medication to kick this bug, whatever it is, but the medicine's doing nothing so far aside from keeping the fever on the lower part of the range. Thank you, life. Really. Thank you.

:: Goes back to coughing, curls up in bed. ::
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    So freakin sick of Frozen themed orders. Watch another movie, kids.   :-L
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Daraius said:
    So freakin sick of Frozen themed orders. Watch another movie, kids.   :-L
    What snow doooooooesssss... in summer!

(Make them puddle-cakes)
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Translate your emotions into your cake. Frozen main character being shot in the head by a robot with a laser. THE BOYS WILL LOVE IT
  • Tarkenton said:
    Ahh...the joys of central heating and cooling.  Is a balmy 76 in my house right now due to preggonaut.

I just took a 3 hour drive so that I could at least enjoy the A/C in my car.  Went out to Red Rock Canyon and looked around a bit.  Landlord says he's called his friend who's a handyman.  Turns out friend is in Canada right now, but he'll be back by Monday and should have our A/C back up and running by then.  Which is awesome, because this weekend is supposed to be intensely hot.
    Stangmar - Retired

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Sick of having this cold. It's a long weekend, and instead of enjoying it, I feel like crap. :(

• Miami traffic. It's as bad as you think it is.
  • Another sweltering day here in Satan's asshole.... I mean Las Vegas
    Stangmar - Retired

• edited June 2014
    I need to find another job.

Edit: Wait... crisis averted. I just read the schedule wrong. Whew.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • edited June 2014
    My chest has been hurting something fierce the last ~week every time I breathe. Don't have the money to go to a doctor about it until Friday, in which I won't have an opportunity until next Wednesday due to my work schedule.

:\ Hooray, anxiety. You're fun when you cause physical pain.

• Spent a good portion of the night awake due to thunder and lightning. Then this morning I accidentally tear a contact lens right into two. Nice start of things.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • A/C didn't get fixed yesterday, because the unit itself was bad.  They're supposed to be installing a brand new, more efficient model today.  The old one was installed in 1979.....I think the power bill might just go down.
    Stangmar - Retired

• edited June 2014
    I  generally dislike reply posts that attempt to belittle the person with terms like "little <person>" and "we are amused by your antics" and "You wont even stand in a spot to fight meh!". Seriously..try to be more creative in your disagreements. Your post does the opposite of your intention, in that it makes -you- look bad, rather than whom you are directing your commentary at.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited June 2014
    Wii U is so uninteresting to me, but open world magitech Zelda looks so good.

I'll hold out for-- wait, omg. Star Fox too? :((
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Daraius said:
    Wii U is so uninteresting to me, but open world magitech Zelda looks so good. I'll hold out for-- wait, omg. Star Fox too? :((
    What, no love for Hyrule Warriors and Splatoon?

Also they just added Pacman to Smash Bros.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• New glasses ordered at the weekend, damn this ten day wait for the lenses. Could really do without the headaches now...
  • Khydan said:
    New glasses ordered at the weekend, damn this ten day wait for the lenses. Could really do without the headaches now...

:( I remember when I got my new glasses. So amazing but I was dizzy for days! Hope they come in earlier!