Aethergoop!

An unstable aetherwave has rocked the Starhopper, spontaneously generating a horde of slivven! However, the Slivven are covered with aethergoop, a very strange substance that intrigues Professor Gargle von Fixit. Help the Professor investigate this aethergoop by killing the slivven that are now running around Avechna's Peak and bringing him the bodies. Upon handing him 10 corpses of slimed slivven, you will complete the daily quest. Complete the daily quest 21 days in June, and you will receive 15 refined aethergoop.

What is aethergoop? Glad you asked! It is the latest promotional feature whereby you'll receive aethergoop for purchasing credits throughout June. See CREDITSALE for how much aethergoop you will get. Aethergoop can then be used to transform into artifacts! See AETHERGOOP for syntax. Mostly, these are artifacts that already exist but reskinned (maintaining the exact same functionality). Some items are dingbat items and some are credit items. (Once the goop is formed, you can trade-in the items for their credit or dingbat value.) Goop can only be received through credit purchases (or the special quest). However, we've added a few auction artifacts and a new transplanar device.

Throughout the month, we may be adding other reskinned artifacts or perhaps even more new artifacts!

Let us know what existing artifacts you may be interested in seeing reskinned for aethergoop! Also, we are open to adding auction artifacts or even brand new artifacts! Take a look at the artifact thread in Ideas and see if there's anything of interest!

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Still giggling/facepalming at the righteous bong.

I really like this month's promotion, and thank you for putting a means for people to earn some goop in game!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Estarra said:

An unstable aetherwave has rocked the Starhopper, spontaneously generating a horde of slivven! However, the Slivven are covered with aethergoop, a very strange substance that intrigues Professor Gargle von Fixit. Help the Professor investigate this aethergoop by killing the slivven that are now running around Avechna's Peak and bringing him the bodies. Upon handing him 10 corpses of slimed slivven, you will complete the daily quest. Complete the daily quest 21 days in June, and you will receive 15 refined aethergoop.

What is aethergoop? Glad you asked! It is the latest promotional feature whereby you'll receive aethergoop for purchasing credits throughout June. See CREDITSALE for how much aethergoop you will get. Aethergoop can then be used to transform into artifacts! See AETHERGOOP for syntax. Mostly, these are artifacts that already exist but reskinned (maintaining the exact same functionality). Some items are dingbat items and some are credit items. (Once the goop is formed, you can trade-in the items for their credit or dingbat value.) Goop can only be received through credit purchases (or the special quest). However, we've added a few auction artifacts and a new transplanar device.

Throughout the month, we may be adding other reskinned artifacts or perhaps even more new artifacts!

Let us know what existing artifacts you may be interested in seeing reskinned for aethergoop! Also, we are open to adding auction artifacts or even brand new artifacts! Take a look at the artifact thread in Ideas and see if there's anything of interest!

Perhaps I'm missing something, but from the looks of it, you can only get a max of95 group this month (15 from the quest, 80 if you got 2000 credits). How are people suppose to get enough goop for things with higher goop cost?
  • Hmm... Can I make a suggestion? Like, if you already have the artifact it's based on, maybe you could be allowed to reskin that artifact to one of the new ones for 15 goop?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Can you give goop to other people?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Ayisdra said:
    Estarra said:

Perhaps I'm missing something, but from the looks of it, you can only get a max of95 group this month (15 from the quest, 80 if you got 2000 credits). How are people suppose to get enough goop for things with higher goop cost?
    You get 15 goops at 500/1000/1500/2000

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Ayisdra said:
    Estarra said:

Generally these things "reset" (so once you reach 2000 it starts over and you can re-earn the rewards again).
  • edited June 2014
    Karlach said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Estarra said:
    <stuff>

You get 15 goops at 500/1000/1500/2000
    Ok. I can't do math. but still, if my math is right now...that only puts someone one at ... 155 (140 + 15), ?

Edit to Xenthos' post: Oh. I thought it was a one time thing that you could only get once.
  • edited June 2014
    I really just want to know if we can pool these ,hahaha.
    Okay, there are a few things.

1) If this sale does well, it will likely make a repeat.
    2) If it makes a repeat, this will allow you to do things like "build up" goop.  Buy a few bits now, then the next time it comes up, buy more.  That way you can slowly work towards some of the unique things you want, and also buy other cool things now with the credits you get as well!
    3) Estarra is looking into a way to "upgrade" (using a bit of aethergoop) a current artifact that you own into the flavoured artifact.

PS: I really like this promotion. :)
  • It's hard to make a call like that without a guarantee this promotion will be ran again within a reasonable amount of time, 
    Ardmore said:
    It's hard to make a call like that without a guarantee this promotion will be ran again within a reasonable amount of time, 
    Yeah, I had asked for a firm commitment in that regard, but was not able to get one.  This is the closest I got.

I do think that being able to assure the players that there will be at least one more in a few months would help though, because it would allow players to know that they can (at the very least) split it up between two months.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Let me make sure I understand how this works.

Let's assume this goop is tradeable, which I haven't seen anything saying it is. Say 3 people buy 2k credits at 579 each and all sell their goop to one person. They also complete their monthly quest and sell them to this one person. About 1700$ spent, and this one person still doesn't have enough to afford a doctoral cord they could have spent 1k credits (299$) to purchase and 50 credits to customise.

Am I missing something?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I wonder if the new noses will have different lines when you scent with them (instead of snort and snuffle, which some nose-users didn't like with the pig nose).
  • Turnus said:
    Sounds good in theory, but without a direct way to get aethergoop I'll probably pass on this. Would love to get a censer, but getting 1000-some credits so that I can get aethergoop on the side doesn't to get a censer doesn't really interest me.

Might be tempted if I could just get the aethergoop directly.
    Yeah, this is my feeling as well. It's something in the region of 1500 credits without the 15 free goop, 1300 credits with the free goop. I'd love a censer but I can't justify spending $440 to get one. If goop crates were available at a similar rate to credits - say 100 goop at the same price as 500 credits I'd buy it in an instant.
    Shaddus said:
    Let me make sure I understand how this works.

Let's assume this goop is tradeable, which I haven't seen anything saying it is. Say 3 people buy 2k credits at 579 each and all sell their goop to one person. They also complete their monthly quest and sell them to this one person. About 1700$ spent, and this one person still doesn't have enough to afford a doctoral cord they could have spent 1k credits (299$) to purchase and 50 credits to customise.

Am I missing something?
    Goop cannot be traded.
    rn

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2336
    Date: 6/1/2014 at 1:32
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Aethergoop Update

For the cost of 10 aethergoop, you can transform an artifact you own
    into an aethergoop artifact IF AND ONLY IF that artifact is the base
    type (i.e., faerie wings can become bat wings, etc.). Not all artifacts
    may be available for transformation (but most of the standard artifacts
    that are reskinned should). See AETHERGOOP for syntax.

Penned by My hand on the 17th of Juliary, in the year 384 CE.

6452h, 6260m, 6617e, 10p, 25145en, 25145w mBelrxk<>-
    ---[ OOC ANNOUNCEMENT ]-----------------------------( 2014/06/01 01:35:37 )---
    Aethergoop update! See Announce 2336.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<3

I love ninja'ing announcements.
  • Keep in mind, from my perspective, you aren't paying $440 credits for a censer but rather spending $440 credits for 1500 credits with a free censer thrown in as part of a promotion. But, anyway, I take your point! Alas, this is how the promotion will be for this month. If it turns out to be popular, you can expect aethergoop to return or perhaps be found in crates, etc. But if it lands with a resounding dud... promotions are based on what players respond to with actual purchases. Damn capitalism! (For all the sturm and drang over the curios, they remain one of our more popular promotions.)

In any event, let me know if there are any artifact ideas that you think would work with aethergoop or if there are existing artifacts you'd like to see reskinned that you've had your eye on, and we'll look at including them in this promotion. You may want to consider low credit values which will translate to low aethergoop values that'd be available to more players.

BTW, you can now see the descriptions of items with GOOP INFO as well as what they do!
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    fesix backpack, i might actually buy one that way! All trade arties too.

Um...

I could do with a less-golden soap.
  • edited June 2014
    I just want to snuggle it! >.>

I've been seriously kicking myself for RL years over not buying one when they were first released. I look on @Ixion and @Ragniliff with envy every time I see them since I know they own one or two.

EDIT: Take my money and sell me one *puppydogeyes* :p
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Artifact vials at the same price point as the pipes would be good!

Less likely to happen, but what about some sort of access to older promotions? Like 15 credits for a random gnewpie or some number of genie curio pieces. Might be nice for the people that have most but not all of a complete set if they could put in a little bit to finish it. It could also be good for leveling the playing field a little for people who missed out entirely on one of the power spikier promotions, too. Price them so that getting them at this promotion costs more per thingy than at the original promotion, if you're concerned with turning this one into every past promotion at once.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Chade said:

Estarra said:
    Keep in mind, from my perspective, you aren't paying $440 credits for a censer but rather spending $440 credits for 1500 credits with a free censer thrown in as part of a promotion. But, anyway, I take your point! Alas, this is how the promotion will be for this month. If it turns out to be popular, you can expect aethergoop to return or perhaps be found in crates, etc. But if it lands with a resounding dud... promotions are based on what players respond to with actual purchases. Damn capitalism! (For all the sturm and drang over the curios, they remain one of our more popular promotions.)

In any event, let me know if there are any artifact ideas that you think would work with aethergoop or if there are existing artifacts you'd like to see reskinned that you've had your eye on, and we'll look at including them in this promotion. You may want to consider low credit values which will translate to low aethergoop values that'd be available to more players.

BTW, you can now see the descriptions of items with GOOP INFO as well as what they do!
    Oh I completely see it from your perspective - and if I needed credits for anything in particular I'd jump on it - but there's very little I want to buy with credits currently. As the only two items I want are unique to goop I'll wait and hope that goop is sold directly at a later date.  

On that note though - more lower value credit/dingbat items would be great.

I'd love to see the Chaos Hamster Plushie from HELP DINGBATS RETIRED released as a Goop only item valued at 20-30 goop. It'd be a bit much to have 100s of these things running around due to the free promotion giving 15 goop. But I'd definitely be willing to buy 100-300 credits and do the goop quest for a chance to get my hands on one of those. You could also pop the old UV transplanar contrivances up as goop items too - I'm sure someone out there will want one of those.

Some other suggestions:

Drop the price of Czigany Coins to 1 goop per. 

Retired Dolls - sell them for 3 goop per.

Allow people to purchase specific curio pieces using goop. Say 5 goop for a specific rare piece and 2 goop for a specific normal piece.

Are you really wanting people to be able to complete their monthly quest for 15 C-Coins? :D

As for the rest, I could see that.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    I really might buy credits if the Chaos Hamster was on the list (depending on how many it needed)...
  • See - the Cult of Hamster grows!
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Oi! I was so hyped for auctions, but I'll need to take a look over this shortly.