Aethergoop!

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Okay, two things:

The announce post doesn't include the syntax for checking your current status on the 21 day quest (x/21 days complete). I can't find it easily or efficiently looking back through prior announce posts, and no one else I've been able to talk to immediately can remember either.

We don't get a message confirming we've been counted for the day. When this happened with one of the last 21 day promo things, it simply wasn't counting people at all. Might be worthwhile to double check that it is actually working.

• Vivet said:
    Okay, two things:

The announce post doesn't include the syntax for checking your current status on the 21 day quest (x/21 days complete). I can't find it easily or efficiently looking back through prior announce posts, and no one else I've been able to talk to immediately can remember either.

We don't get a message confirming we've been counted for the day. When this happened with one of the last 21 day promo things, it simply wasn't counting people at all. Might be worthwhile to double check that it is actually working.

The syntax you're looking for is QUESTEVENT. It's the same one every time they do something like this.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Vivet said:
    Okay, two things:

There is a message when you get your 10 in for the day, this with QUESTEVENT (as Tridemon said) gives you what you need?:

Professor Gargle von Fixit exclaims, "Ah, thank you, this will do quite nicely. You've done enough for me this month! If they're still around next month, I could probably use more help!"
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I swear I tried that one, along with several variations just to be sure. Oops, thanks.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    edited June 2014
    Censer would be nice, but too rich for my blood, especially considering the fact that there's absolutely nothing I'm looking into purchasing at present. Sorry, but I think I'll just do the monthly and pass on the rest.

EDIT: Now if there were auctions, that's a different matter... but the way I see it right now, I'm sitting on 1.3k credits that I have no use for anyway.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    edited June 2014
    Other suggestions for reskinned things:

the Charm of the Clangoru
    a Leprechaun's Medal of Profligate Inebriation
    a shroud of shadows
  • edited June 2014
    Parua said:
    @Estarra
    Everybody who wants a hamster wants it to break into guildhalls.

Actually I'm less interested in the hamster for guildhalls these days. It's far more fun bribing, tricking (or just asking) your way into guildhalls - faster than the RNG on the hamster could ever be too. Ask Ixion how long it took him to get all the guildhalls using his hamster. 

There are certain areas on prime I would love a hamster to try out though - particularly places with quest/event areas that are now cut off (see Iceburn Plains) from normal exploring but still count for explorer rankings.
  • Turnus said:
    A parafilament purse that isn't a purse.
    Like a wanderer's bindle <_<
    Or a sporran.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Parua said:
    @Estarra

And Temples. Don't forget the Temples.

Anyway as a tie in to a discussion on another subthread. How about alternatives to a hat for racehats? Bandannas, headscarves, cowls etc, things you can actually wear under a hood or helm that make sense.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• +1 vote for hamsters!
  • Karlach said:
    Parua said:
    @Estarra

And Temples. Don't forget the Temples.

Anyway as a tie in to a discussion on another subthread. How about alternatives to a hat for racehats? Bandannas, headscarves, cowls etc, things you can actually wear under a hood or helm that make sense.
    Uhh.....
    Sense. And Logic... And tying into promotion...

I'd buy credits for this.
    Is also the Shintar.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    I want something to spend my goop on. No interest in a censer. Would love to skin my racehat into a bandana though.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited June 2014
    Oh, I'd like to see spectacles of clairvoyance reskinned to not be spectacles! I don't want my character to be bespectacled!
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited June 2014
    Oh...shades....shades I can DO.

(but I'd still prefer something non-eyewear).
    Rivius said:
    Oh...shades....shades I can DO.

Not sure what the conditions are to suggest alternatives to the original item. If they have to still follow the same style of item or clothing, etc.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

See I was just making an X-Men pun, but now you've had to go all Horatio Caine on me.

This needs to be done.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Either the amount of goop to buy things was changed, or I'm an idiot. I'm leaning towards the second.

I've also realised that at least one of my characters has to complete the monthly challenge so they can reskin their nose. ;/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • It doesn't look as if it has changed.

Also, how about being able to get a torus, all I want in life is a torus :<.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Shaddus said:
    Either the amount of goop to buy things was changed, or I'm an idiot. I'm leaning towards the second. I've also realised that at least one of my characters has to complete the monthly challenge so they can reskin their nose. ;/
    We neeeed moooore nose options.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    And bandanas!
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    are more options coming? More cheaper options would be great. Artie vials, particularly. Also, spectacles, racehats, umbrella!

• @Estarra, @Lavinya - don't forget the hamsters! >.>

RUNAWAY
    And an interesting idea... allow censers to be transformed via goop... like transform a hart censer into a fire censer for the price of 10 goop. (Yes, I do realize that the censer items are the default censers just so they can be only purchased, but it would be nice if transformations were also an option)

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.

I'm glad hamsters are retired. Artifacts that encourage people to irritate orgs by repeatedly trying to break in to places are not fun. Or to areas the admin are currently constructing but are not released yet (YES, I HAVE BEEN AROUND YOU GUYS LONG ENOUGH TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING WITH THEM).

Has the dingbat nose been reskinned? People always customize that because it looks silly.

Celina said:

I'm glad hamsters are retired. Artifacts that encourage people to irritate orgs by repeatedly trying to break in to places are not fun. Or to areas the admin are currently constructing but are not released yet (YES, I HAVE BEEN AROUND YOU GUYS LONG ENOUGH TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING WITH THEM).

Has the dingbat nose been reskinned? People always customize that because it looks silly.

Yes, there's 3 options to aethergoop transform the pig nose... badger, rabbit and... fink.

• CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    ...can we do things that aren't animal related.
  • edited June 2014
    Celina said:

Trust me, me with a hamster would be far less irritating than me without - ask @Qoivhae how I got into the Cantor GH or @Doman how I got into the Symphonium GH.  I'm pretty much done on the guildhall front anyway - only 4 left to do. But there are certain places that require a hamster for entry.

Hamsters have got nothing on Loralaria - you can guarantee a break-in to anywhere with that skill. If I didn't love Gaudi I'd totally switch to Hallifax just for that. It's repeatable hamster on steroids.

There are a few disconnected areas I'd like to get into for explorers but there's no point breaking into unreleased areas - they're all plane of creation and don't count towards explorer rankings. Hamsters also only work in the local area and I'm guessing it'd be impossible or next to impossible to get into them anyway, I've never managed it with reality - except once on Faethorn where there's an odd room left over with no desc - it's been there a while though low room number and it was wyrded.