Aethergoop!

Comments

• VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Glom goop mask is best mask.
  • Could we please please pleaaaaaaaaaaaase buy aethergoop stuff for other characters? Please? :D Thank youuuu for reading my request! >.>
                                                                  Sao <3 Pandy
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    No, but you can buy aethergoop for other players directly now at least!

They don't want you to be able to "transfer" aethergoop; if you could buy stuff for other characters, you could just roll up alts for the free quest aethergoop and deliver it over (or various other exploitative things).  I think they want it to just be a neat little addition, not another commodity (such as dingbats or credits).
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Xenthos said:
    No, but you can buy aethergoop for other players directly now at least!

They don't want you to be able to "transfer" aethergoop; if you could buy stuff for other characters, you could just roll up alts for the free quest aethergoop and deliver it over (or various other exploitative things).  I think they want it to just be a neat little addition, not another commodity (such as dingbats or credits).
    So make it sticky aethergoop, and not so sticky aethergoop
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Bump for gooped versions of the dingbat artis that make Ushaara look like a drunk.

- Charm of the Clangoru
    - Leprechaun's Medal of Profligate Inebriation
  • Powerplex jewels? Powerplex jewels.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Ushaara said:
    Bump for gooped versions of the dingbat artis that make Ushaara look like a drunk.

- Charm of the Clangoru
    - Leprechaun's Medal of Profligate Inebriation
    Advanced metabolism system?

Iron stomach of vomit repulsion?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Gooped tracker and ecology companions?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    I'll be honest, I wasn't very enthused about aethergoop when this started. But the idea that I can spend five bucks and not only get a few spins on the Wheel (my favorite thing besides RPing with divine), but buy a resetting, non-decay, customised tinderbox? Win.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited July 2014
    The dowsing crystal sounds like it could be fantastic for certain quests. Does it consume any balance?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Rivius said:
    The dousing crystal sounds like it could be fantastic for certain quests. Does it consume any balance?
    I'd like to know that too; if it uses no balance, it would indeed be fantastic for certain uses.  If it uses 10s balance, it's pretty worthless (DIG would tell you the same thing, and also start digging it up too).
    Is it dousing or dowsing?

Because yeah.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I am more excited about the diamonut than I should be.
  • The dowsing crystal has a two-second equilibrium cost.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • edited July 2014
    What's the Mag one? and how much are those?
  • You will find that the masks were not released with specific orgs in mind; as requested they were a bit more neutral. They certainly skim some themes, it's near impossible not to, but we hope you'll find them to your liking in all orgs!
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I looooooooove that there is no 'elfen bone cherub wing blood splattered mask' for Magnagora. The aristocracy appreciate good fashion in Magnagora -pearls-.

I don't even influence and I eyed that fox mask for a little too long.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Bought the bone one myself.  Though I'm kinda wishing I had gotten the obsidian one...wonder if I can reskin the already skinned mask...
    You might message estarra and just ask for an exchange. She usually goes waaaaay out of her way to help people who are polite and ask nicely.
    Could it be changed to where it only takes 5 aethergoop to reskin an already artifacted vial? It's currently 8 to buy one, or 10 to reskin.
  • Snowglobes (mystery maps) are here!
    I saw the wintery wildlife one and squealed irl.
    Oooh. I wonder what shake snowglobe does.
    Rivius said:
    Oooh. I wonder what shake snowglobe does.

You shake your head at a snowglobe of the disastrous Cosmic Hope expedition.

Not a great deal it seems :(

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

edited July 2014
    Awesome, I'd bugged it, as well as typo'd something in the inscribe function. I love the description of the globes though, thank you for these!

Edit: Phone magic success!

You give a snowglobe of the disastrous Cosmic Hope expedition a gentle shake, stirring up the translucent particles and bringing the scene within to life.

Ominous stygian tendrils spread out throughout the snowglobe in coils and swirls of writhing, sinister darkness, seemingly strangling every hapless participant of the Cosmic Hope expedition in the merciless embrace of the Taint.