Help Files/Documentation

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Havastus said:
    The buffs DB talk makes me curious how the whole architecture of the game looks. I'd love to see how Lusternia's database is organized (if stuff is even stored in a DB at all!).

Old stuff (original buffs being a good example) are not in a database at all. They have been trying to move more towards database usage for newer things, and have been trying to convert buffs over for a very long while now.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Havastus said:
    The buffs DB talk makes me curious how the whole architecture of the game looks. I'd love to see how Lusternia's database is organized (if stuff is even stored in a DB at all!).
    Why do you think the Gods are so keen on us getting their hamsters back? Each one of those guys is a function that escaped from Rapture.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I've heard that looking upon the naked code transforms a person. You aren't meant to look at the code. It's not meant to be knowable.  
  • edited January 2016
    Xenthos said:
    Havastus said:

Old stuff (original buffs being a good example) are not in a database at all. They have been trying to move more towards database usage for newer things, and have been trying to convert buffs over for a very long while now.
    Yeesh! I don't envy @Ieptix and Co. for refactoring all of that.

Still doesn't change how much I'd love to see the architectural design charts of the game though.
    :D

• HELP HEALINGLIST/HELP CURELIST could use some prompt attention. Thanks in advance.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Can the IH UNPRICED command to view the unpriced wares in a shop floor be added to HELP SHOPKEEPING somewhere?
  • I can't find an explanation of what Bubble curios do anywhere in the curio helpfile, or anywhere else for that matter. Only reason I was able to explain it to someone else was because I remembered them from their original promotion.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • It would be great if HELP SHOPKEEPING was tagged/listed in HELP SHOPS and/or HELP SELLING THINGS. 
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Can we have a help file for the new candies please and thank you?

• Lavinya said:
    while it is not a help file, the new candy is under DEFS INFO <candy> (see DEFS LIST for the list...)
  • Lavinya said:
    Yes!

HELP SPRING CANDY.
  • edited May 2016
    I heart you.

edit: Now make them sellable from shops?

• I have a question for you folks for a bit of a role reversal.

The Mastery ability in Sacraments appears to have lost its helpfile (thank you to those that have bugged it). Does anyone know what it said originally? I can't see it in the Wiki unfortunately. For reference, the corresponding Necromancy ability looks like this:

NECROMANCY - MASTERY

Your mastery over the undead allows you to influence them. Necromancers
    also are better able to influence them than others.
  • edited May 2016
    Edit - Leaped before I looked, my bad. So much for my efforts at being helpful!
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • Aha, I had forgotten about that site. Thank you very much!
  • It would be great if we could have HELP POTEEN for the poteen pots. 
  • From the wiki: As an emissary of light, your parleys will cost less gold. Also, if you have the amnesty skill, that skill will be more effective.

Is this not the AB for Emissary?

• The AB for Emissary has been sorted for some time now, but thank you nonetheless!

I will look into pulling together the information about poteen pots.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I filed an in-game bug for this, but it's been sitting for a while. 

The AB files for cooking have the following entry:

Death               Obviously, it does not pay to cross a master chef!

-ab cooking death
    COOKING - DEATH

Syntax: INFUSE <delicacy> WITH DEATH
    You may poison delicacies to cause death. You must have a vial of
    crotamine with at least 5 doses.

Obviously crotamine no longer causes a delayed instant death, nor does infused food, and nobody poisons food anyway, but the AB file suggests otherwise. I know it's not much but it might be confusing for up and coming chefs who are also trolls.
  • Could we please get a warning on HELP ARTIFACTS UTILITY that figurines need to
    be enchanted before you can attach the figurine rune?

9600h, 9600m, 7275e, 10p, 24580en, 24580w Bexk<>-attach rune264549 to figurine65016
    You must enchant your figurine before attaching a rune to it.
    9600h, 9600m, 7275e, 10p, 24580en, 24580w Bexk<>-

At present it is quite a chore to try and find a spellcrafter to enchant a figurine.

If I had known it needs to be enchanted first, I'd not have bothered with the purchase.

Admittedly, I struggle to grasp why a simple reset function requires a mandatory
    enchantment to start with. But that's another topic.

Thanks for helping out!

• Technically, an unenchanted figurine is just ornamental anyway. So even without the figurine rune, you would have had to enchant it to use it as an essence offering item. The rune is just so you don't have to find an enchanter every time you want to offer (figurines are destroyed upon being offered, unless they have a rune).

• Er, you do? Because I definitely offer them without enchanting.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• edited June 2016
    I have always been offering my figurines without enchantment so far.

Mainly because it is so hard to find a spellcrafter to enchant it for you.

But I am positive that you can offer them without enchantment just fine.

9600h, 9600m, 7275e, 10p, 24580en, 24580w Bexk<>-You offer up a figurine of Ravila, Lady of Misted Intent to Manteekan, the Nightmare.Your karma rises in response to your deeds.9600h, 9600m, 7275e, 10p, 24580en, 24580w Bexk<>-offer figurineYou must enchant your figurine before attaching a rune to it.9600h, 9600m, 7275e, 10p, 24580en, 24580w Bexk<>-attach rune264549 to figurine65016Influence target: 190436Number of matching objects: 2 (out of 205 total)You are wearing:"figurine65016"                         a figurine of Ravila, Lady of Misted Intent"rune264549"                            a Great Rune of Figurine RestorationYou are holding:   athame89002 : an athame dagger in your left hand.You are wielding:
  • Erk, sorry for that messy bit of text.

The important part is that I was able to offer the figurine I could not attach the rune to without problem.

You offer up a figurine of Ravila, Lady of Misted Intent to Manteekan, the Nightmare.

• ... Oh.

Well.

The more you know.

• I have added said note to HELP ARTIFACTS UTILITY.

@Luce, whilst I can change the AB's content I cannot remove abilities entirely (and I cannot for the record change what you see in AB COOKING, only what you'd see in AB COOKING DEATH). Consequently the reason this bug is sitting there still is that we the Admin need to decide what we are doing with Cooking - Death in light of the overhaul.

As I'm sure you can imagine it's slightly lower priority than a lot of the last bits of Overhaul stuff! What I have done as a stopgap is added a note to the AB that the ability currently does not function. I hope this helps with the confusion, although I know it doesn't resolve the problem entirely.

It might also be something that could be envoyed (though don't quote me on this - I may be wrong) if you have ideas about what could replace it.
  • edited June 2016
    Maylea said:
    I have added said note to HELP ARTIFACTS UTILITY.

@Luce, whilst I can change the AB's content I cannot remove abilities entirely (and I cannot for the record change what you see in AB COOKING, only what you'd see in AB COOKING DEATH). Consequently the reason this bug is sitting there still is that we the Admin need to decide what we are doing with Cooking - Death in light of the overhaul.

As I'm sure you can imagine it's slightly lower priority than a lot of the last bits of Overhaul stuff! What I have done as a stopgap is added a note to the AB that the ability currently does not function. I hope this helps with the confusion, although I know it doesn't resolve the problem entirely.

It might also be something that could be envoyed (though don't quote me on this - I may be wrong) if you have ideas about what could replace it.
    @Maylea  The ability to infuse food DOES work in some sense (as crotamine is still in-game) - but it causes sickening rather than TimedDeath.  Perhaps the AB could be updated to reflect that instead?
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • In that case I'm afraid I still can't change it as it involves changing the ability name and the description in AB COOKING, which has to be changed in ways I do not have access to. I will make sure it gets looked into.