Simple Ideas

Comments

• Xenthos said:
    The lady monks have their own monastery hidden away (more so than Tosha), to prevent outsiders from kidnapping and running off with all the adorable pups. The leader and masters need to be in the "public" one so as to keep us from investigating further, but Daraius is desperately trying to reveal their secret.
    @Portius or @Tremula, your next fanfic.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Let me look in my rift for categories.

IR HERB doesn't work, but OUTR HERB does.

8300h, 7300m, 9800e, 10p, 26400en, 26400w elrx<>-ir herb
    Glancing into your rift, you see:
    +--------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    8300h, 7300m, 9800e, 10p, 26400en, 26400w elrx<>-outr herb
    You remove 1 earwort, bringing the total in the rift to 499.
    8300h, 7300m, 9800e, 10p, 26400en, 26400w elrx<>-
  • Kiradawea said:
    It was originally possible for non-org members to put things in a nexus. But after Glomdoring put the Demon Lords in the Pool of Stars, that was quickly changed.

Might be possible to make it so that it only allows regular essence to be put in though.

Were they forced to or something...?

Although when I discovered that non-org members cant put something in the nexus, I assumed that once upon a time it was abused somehow. Im grateful that I now know what happened.

As for ideas:

Could we have an addition made to Illusion Script where for 10 power the script will not fade away but remain permanently (until a mage/bard dispells or someone critiques it away). I leave messages from time to time and would like if it didnt fade.

Could simply add to the syntax WEAVE SCRIPT <colour> <text> PERMANENT

(also if you think I or someone would be wasting 10 power to leave comments around, which can be dispelled away with little effort, then you really dont know trolling..)
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Arcanis said:
    Kiradawea said:
    It was originally possible for non-org members to put things in a nexus. But after Glomdoring put the Demon Lords in the Pool of Stars, that was quickly changed.

Might be possible to make it so that it only allows regular essence to be put in though.

Although when I discovered that non-org members cant put something in the nexus, I assumed that once upon a time it was abused somehow. Im grateful that I now know what happened.

As for ideas:

Could we have an addition made to Illusion Script where for 10 power the script will not fade away but remain permanently (until a mage/bard dispells or someone critiques it away). I leave messages from time to time and would like if it didnt fade.

(also if you think I or someone would be wasting 10 power to leave comments around, which can be dispelled away with little effort, then you really dont know trolling..)
    I think at the time there was a Mag-Celest treaty or NAP, and Glom raided Nil. With Demon Lords in-hand, they then suicide-rushed the Pool and dropped the DLs in for extra damage? Can't remember specifics, I was (obviously) not directly involved and only heard about it thirdhandish.
  • edited August 2015
    Some quality of life changes for Mage staff Tuning:

- Rather than the mage having to type out TUNE STAFF 100 (x) 0 (y) 0 (z) , simply make it that they can TUNE STAFF 100 (X or Y or Z) and it will automatically make that damage type 100 and the others 0.

Or

- Simply make it that by doing TUNE STAFF <x or y or z>, it will automatically make the staff 100% that type and 0 % the others

---

- Make it that PROBING a staff shows what it is currently Tuned to

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited August 2015
    I have no problem with that, but it's telling that you  exclusively mention tuning the staff to 100% typings. 
  • Arcanis said:
    Some quality of life changes for Mage staff Tuning:

- Make it that PROBING a staff shows what it is currently Tuned to

WEAPONPROBE shows what a staff is currently tuned too.
  • Luce said:
    Arcanis said:
    Kiradawea said:

As for ideas:

I think at the time there was a Mag-Celest treaty or NAP, and Glom raided Nil. With Demon Lords in-hand, they then suicide-rushed the Pool and dropped the DLs in for extra damage? Can't remember specifics, I was (obviously) not directly involved and only heard about it thirdhandish.
    Pretty much this yes. It was around the time of Hai'gloh. Mag and Celest were working together to remove Raziela's Faethorn branding, so they were allies at the time against the forests. Glomdoring managed to kill a couple of the Demon Lords, then went to the Pool of Stars to put em in. They weren't forced in any way. It was just an attempt to create dissent between Mag/Celest... or do extra damage to Mag. I don't know. Celest and Mag remained allies for a while further, and Celest even helped Mag raise the Demon Lords back up. But at the time, a huge fuzz was raised about how that shouldn't be possible.

So now, that's not possible.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    So as you can see, complaints do in fact work!

Don't let your dreams be dreams.
  • I think they actually converted them at Elohora and put the essence blobs on the Pool to make the anti-Mag weapons? So it wasn't just an "insult to injury" thing, it was "more injury".
  • Yeah, it was an actual conversion of the Demon Lords to activate Celest's super-weapon.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Enyalida said:

I have no problem with that, but it's telling that you  exclusively mention tuning the staff to 100% typings. 

I'm not sure what this is implying, but why wouldn't he want to do that? What mage/druid purposefully splits up their damage type?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited August 2015
    Point being that Mages get to choose among ~three 100% types and druids effectively get no choice in damage type at all :P. It's either our one 100% type or 50% cutting/blunt, which is bluh.
    Yeah, true. If only you had that one more damage type, druids and mages would be on even footing.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • It would be wonderful if we could get some of the Quality of Life options the other IRE MUDs tend to have, would love to be able to see exactly how much damage I'm dealing when bashing, or balance loss from when an action is taken.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I would love to see the xp needed per level distribution being adjusted slightly towards the lower levels. Meaning that making it slightly harder to gain lower levels to smoothen the huge gap you hit when you get post 80. I am no longer sure when exactly it happened, but this circle is taking me weeks when the previous ones did not even take me days. I generally don't mind, but I think having a more evenly distribution will lead to less frustration when reaching higher levels. Meaning, sum of xp needed for demigod should stay, but in which level you need it, should be smoothened slightly. Hope that makes sense.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    There should be a place to post logs for the admin to see that can't be posted to the public board because they are politically sensitive, or contain information about things that should be kept secret for a while.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    Plots newsboard?
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    But I'm not talking about plots, I'm talking about RP logs.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
    You can probably still use the plots board - it helps admins to develop plots and storylines when they're aware of what players are doing. I assume that's why you want to share logs with admins when stuff is player-sensitive, right?
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Any chance we can have politics posts for wild nodes? It's hard to remember sometimes if we're due for one or not.
  • Could we get a message when our defenses are stripped due to skillflexing?
    Ssaliss said:
    Could we get a message when our defenses are stripped due to skillflexing?
    IF skillflex THEN all defenses lost
    end
  • Shaddus said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Could we get a message when our defenses are stripped due to skillflexing?
    IF skillflex THEN all defenses lost
    end
    Except... not. Flexing tradeskills lets you keep your defenses. I'm not sure if there are other caveats, but it'd still be nice with a reminder that you lose your defs if you flex out of guild skills.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Once all defenses are overhauled, you should lose only the defenses of the skill you flexed out of. At least, that was the original plan.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Y'all ought to ninja code in a few more Astral insanity tell templates, with an eye towards making them sound plausible, and then increase the odds that those tells come from online city mates or enemies. ;))
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    @Daraius That would be hilarous. But those already exist, I had a very interesting conversation with someone (don't recall whom) before we figured out my char was just insane.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Yeah, I just think that should happen more. And those of us who've been around awhile are wise to the formats of most astral tells.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Daraius said:
    Yeah, I just think that should happen more. And those of us who've been around awhile are wise to the formats of most astral tells.
    Or we're familiar with the notion of checking TELLS to see if the tell actually shows up there.  If you want Astral tells to actually be harder to discern, you also need to make them start showing up as an actual tell.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Was gonna say, gmcp chat capture gets rid of that pretty easily.