Simple Ideas

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Tekora said:
    I'd like to see gaudy glamrocks changed so that the outfit slots don't decay. I sold my glamrock because it's just too tedious to have to keep taking off all my jewelry/artifacts/etc to reset all my outfits' appearances and it seems to be an excessively stringent limitation on something that is for the most part, a cosmetic feature.
    I traded mine in for the exact same reason. I was very disappointed to discover the slots decay. Lost credits for a one time use, I am still unimpressed.

• edited September 2015
    EDIT: Wrong simple thread
  • This is true. There are privs tied to power aides that might not be stuff we want to hand out to everyone, but powerlog is one which everyone should have, really. At least, I can't think of a reason why not.

• Absolutely in support of that. It's not like the power log is something secret or guarded, anyway.
  • Library ideas:

As a Librarian - Can we have LIBRARY LOG seen anywhere? Why does it always have to be a library? I mean, it does make sense to a certain point. But it would be nice to have something different.

LIBRARY SET <book ID> [ACCESS | SUBJECTS |SCHOLARLY/LITERARY] <variables>

I've idea'd this, but maybe it wasn't clear? We need to have a back up set so we can change scholarly/literary in case we type the wrong one in the first time.

What about messages from the system that books have been reviewed through and published successfully? That would be nice.

The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • LIBRARY SET X TYPE Y is a command that LIBRARY suggests but as far as I know it's never actually done anything, especially change sch/lit.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Can ISSUE to have books changed between literary and scholarly or removed from the library entirely. I do it embarrassingly often.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Portius said:
    Can ISSUE to have books changed between literary and scholarly or removed from the library entirely. I do it embarrassingly often.
    I issue, but usually it takes a long time. I'd rather forgo the middle man and save them time sorting through something that can be fixed.

@Kalnid I have tried that, and it doesn't work with sch/lit.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • I believe it would be cool and make sense for cooks to be able to chill drinks with a snowball (Chill skill in Brewmeistery). We can make teas with effects, and I can make snowballs, so it's not exactly rocket science.

Also advocating again, -please- for the ability to mass-preserve things to save time. The same with infusing, although I wouldn't mind if doing it in bulk meant some was lost.

Cooking needs more love.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Teas can already be iced.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    So, we can engrave jewellery and embroider on clothing, and pipe onto cooking. How about some of the other trades?

EG:
    ARTISAN: I think it makes sense to be able to engrave (or perhaps etch?) onto furniture, but especially boxes, watches and instruments.

BOOKBINDING: Perhaps embossing? Or a watermark? (It might be redundant on bookbinding I guess)

Mostly because I like to make gifts for people and add a personal touch that stays with it.

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Could we have feedback in the 'sew' method that tells you what comms are actually missing? I had one design yesterday that I tried to sew where I had all the commodities listed and it still didn't function as it should. Happened before and if you are restocking, that kind of missing info makes shopping rather tedious.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Lavinya said:
    So, we can engrave jewellery and embroider on clothing, and pipe onto cooking. How about some of the other trades?

EG:
    ARTISAN: I think it makes sense to be able to engrave (or perhaps etch?) onto furniture, but especially boxes, watches and instruments.

BOOKBINDING: Perhaps embossing? Or a watermark? (It might be redundant on bookbinding I guess)

Mostly because I like to make gifts for people and add a personal touch that stays with it.
    While this idea is awesome in theory, I'm definitely one of those people who makes bookbinding designs with embossing and watermarks built in, and if this passed, I wouldn't be able to do that anymore. :(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Let illithoid ILLDRAIN ALL to eat every corpse in their inventory on one (probably longer than current illdrain) balance. It takes too long to drain all those corpses to get max ego buff.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Make cartel designs go to public domain after x amount of years.
  • Gero said:
    Make cartel designs go to public domain after x amount of years.
    While that would make some sense, that means that the fee that cartels pay to be private wouldn't really be worth the trouble.
  • I'd rather see the ability to share designs with other cartels/people, without having them having to join that cartel.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'd prefer to see designs be able to be removed from a cartel and made public by the cartel owner, so long as the cartel isn't deeded to an org.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Gero said:
    The fact that I make designs so no one else can have them ever (and that there is only ever one in existence ever), having my designs go public would be a bad thing.
  • Ayisdra said:
    Gero said:
    The fact that I make designs so no one else can have them ever (and that there is only ever one in existence ever), having my designs go public would be a bad thing.
    Maybe a way to mark private designs that are copy righted forever?
  • You can already do that. It's called "submitting them as cartel designs".
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Gero said:

Yea, please, no. We make designs cartel for a reason. I agree more with Ssaliss and Shaddus' ideas, with cartel-design-sharing (though I think that was pushed for in the past without success), and for cartel owners to make private designs public after a while (though I would be pretty miffed if someone did this with one of my designs without asking, so maybe make a requirement for permission from the designer based on the DESIGNEDBY code?).

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I would like to see a few (two) things for designing:

Allow Tailoring trademasters to DESIGN # BODYPARTS <blah> so that way when I make a sleeveless gown to go with an armband, it'll be a sleeveless bloody gown. Or if I want a backless one to show off my pretty tattoo! Compensate with warmth for more/less body parts covered, and boom, there you go.

Allow the owner of a design (if a trademaster) to withdraw one of their designs back into their cartel (if they made it public), be able to craft their designs regardless of where they're stored (I can't get my Viravain tapestry because it's lost in a Mag clan), and allow them to send a design public from their cartel-only slot if they want to (like what Shaddus said).
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Could tailors please have the ability to shred clothing, not to destroy them, but to make them instantly tawdry? 

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."