Simple Ideas

Comments

• You can't have two characters in the same family?

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    No, you can't. From HELP SECONDS:

Second/alternate characters (also known as "alts") in Lusternia are allowed, but a higher standard for roleplaying will generally be imposed upon those who play multiple characters. Furthermore, using one for the purpose of helping the other is not allowed.

There is no limit to the number of characters you may create and play in Lusternia as long as you observe these three general rules:

1) Only one character may be logged in at a time (see HELP MULTIPLAYING).

2) All characters must be registered to the same e-mail address. Characters registered to different e-mails may be automatically and permanently shrubbed.

3) No character may ever help any other character in ANY WAY.

Prohibited activities include, but are not limited to:

* Dropping gold/items from one character and then logging in on another character to pick up the loot.
      * Mailing gold/items from one character to another.
      * Transferring a manse from one character to another, or using an intermediate player to transfer the manse between two characters.
      * Voting in the same election with more than one character.
      * Joining the same family as another one of your characters.
      * Favouring/promoting an alt in a guild or organization.
      * Any other activity that helps an alt.

*** IT IS HIGHLY ADVISED THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE TWO ACTIVE SECONDS IN THE SAME CITY OR COMMUNE. *** Having multiple characters in the same city or commune increases that chances of violating the seconds rules, even inadvertently.

The usual punishment for this is quite severe - loss of one or both characters through permanent shrubbing or erasure being quite common.

(See also HELP MULTIPLAYING and HELP CHARACTERSHARING)

There was a big mass of shrubbings a while ago because people were abusing this to inflate their families.

• So I know it's been asked before, but I'd still like to attach the new damage runes to jewelry.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Shedrin said:
    So I know it's been asked before, but I'd still like to attach the new damage runes to jewelry.
    NEVER.

Seriously, though, I wonder why they couldn't be attached to jewelry. What makes them so speshul? 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• The new damage runes can be attached to armor, no? That means we can now have permanent splendours.
  • I wish that disenchant (or re-enchantment) of greatroubes/splendours was a thing, even if it came at a small powercost. Enchanters already can disenchant sigils, doing the same for clothing shouldn't be that hard.
  • What would the purpose of that be?
  • Ssaliss said:
    What would the purpose of that be?
    because enchanting is random (assuming you don't use the 100 quick stat thing, which can give you less stats than if you did it the old random way) and if you get a bad stats you have shear the robes and remake them. If you happen to only have one trade slot, this can get costly in either lessons from switching or paying an enchanter.
  • Ayisdra said:
    Ssaliss said:
    because enchanting is random (assuming you don't use the 100 quick stat thing, which can give you less stats than if you did it the old random way) and if you get a bad stats you have shear the robes and remake them. If you happen to only have one trade slot, this can get costly in either lessons from switching or paying an enchanter.
    YOu can't just toss them in the nexus?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Ssaliss said:
    YOu can't just toss them in the nexus?
    I believe the general idea of it was that you wouldn't have to remake the robes, but rather just have to repeat the enchanting step.

Personally, though, I'd rather see the max stats of a robe not exceed 100 in total, even if you enchant it. That way, there would be absolutely no need to have a dozen robes made and pick the one with the best stats (or, in the case of splendours, risk your current stats and hope you'd get better stats the next time), and everyone would have the same stats on their robes.
  • Chirbo said:
    Nerf the carp out of Ikons At the very least let them boost hunting experience. It makes influence vastly OP.

Both Influencing and Hunting have advantages that the other lacks. While influencing -is- an easier mechanic to use and pretty safe, it is set at a basic speed and even if you amass all the accessible buffs, you'll still not be as fast an influencer as compared to hunting. The biggest advantage to hunting is the aspect of Crits, which can reduce your hits from, let's say 10, to 1 or 2. Additionally you have 'carry over' crits which further speeds that up. You will technically gain experience faster through hunting, rather than through influencing (This is in consideration of the individual being at least Demi).

With Hunting, you can technically amass more gold (and faster) than through influencing, since some mobs simply are unbeggable. Take the Dominators of Lirangsha for example.

Influencing is simply a safer and more comfortable route, but slower, so it can be seen why it would receive boosts through ikon.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    edited October 2015
    Because HELP HAIR CURIOS is pleasantly informative, I feel it would be a great gesture to go back and make a HELP COOKING CURIOS. It is easy to forget what bottles are in what collections and what you might even need pieces for, and having a simple directory for them in-game would be immensely useful. Info on how the foods stack would be a nice bonus as well.
  • It's a little buried, but we have a thread specifically for helpfile suggestions! I'll add HELP COOKING CURIOS to my list though.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Maylea said:
    It's a little buried, but we have a thread specifically for helpfile suggestions! I'll add HELP COOKING CURIOS to my list though.
    Oh, sorry, I know I've seen that before - I just forgot it existed. Thank you on both counts!
  • @Arcanis

K, go make a character that only hunts after they get out of newton.

Bashing, not aetherhunts.

Post the time it takes to get to demi.

Influence OP is real.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Hunting has indeed historically had faster gains that Influencing with ikons... for those at the very top, who are omnitrans with many bashing artifacts. There just are more ways to boost hunting at the far high end - via critical artifacts, vitals artifacts, damage artifacts, weapon runes, and so on - than there are for influencing. 

However, at every tier but the ultra-high, influencing with ikons hands down smashes hunting for exp gain when looking at comparable effort/input. That is: you're not comparing making rounds of late game bashing areas to afk influencing guard stacks.
  • Chirbo said:
    Arcanis

K, go make a character that only hunts after they get out of newton.

Bashing, not aetherhunts.

Post the time it takes to get to demi.

Influence OP is real.

Influencing is an easier avenue to take to get demigod, and is frankly far more a better choice since no new player will be starting off with the necessary abilities, artifacts and buffs needed to excel in hunting. That said, when you are demigod, it is far faster to gain essence through hunting than it is influencing. That is basically what I originally said. For the time it takes you to influence 1 creature, you can kill 3. Crits are real
  • Influencing is only OP, because of how hugely ikons buff the exp you can get.

Remove ikons and, with the same benefits (lips, achievements etc) you can gain pretty substantially close to the same exp now... It used to be less preferred because of how quickly you burned through willpower/endurance without trans, which is no longer a problem.

Undervault's too good.
  • I mean, if the buffs are really being seen as a problem, then can always make one of the XP boosts into 'hunting only', akin to how ikons are only for influencing. Perhaps the urtrap cookies.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I don't think the difference is too much of an issue, at least not unless people can buy epic/rare ikons from other people. the 25% from an uncommon ikon is easily topped by buying just 3 silver urtrap cookies from anywhere.

As someone who has influenced a lot for a while, I must attest that while it's fun to have the alternative, I think it has a few significant drawbacks, based on my limited experience:

- you don't usually get a lot of money from influencing safe for some special areas and stuff as guards you really want to influence with empower, not charity.
    - influencing is always a solo action, and as such inheritently a little boring.
    - Without the transcendent ability influencing is actually rather slow compared to hunting. (I'd say the transcendent buff has cut influencing time by 50% on most mobs).
    - You actually need to really invest into the influencing tree to have any chance of halfway successsul influencing. For hunting you will hunt as efficiently on "master" level then you'll hunt on "transcendent" of your attack skill, at least it was the case for me, if you don't count the miss rate.

I think, if something needs to be changed, I'd make the higher tier icons (epic/rare) non-transferable, instead of nerfing them, because that would mean empowering ikons as a quest reward, which, till then were just 'meh' results.

As to which way makes you more xp/hour, I think it is highly dependent on what actually is available for you and which areas you find untouched. Sure, a fully buffed influencer/combatant with all relevant artifacts/runes will outperform a relatively new one, but from having gained a lot of experience from hunting lately, I would say they are not too far off from each other, with the only balance problem maybe being high tier ikons.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
    People purchase and use ur'traps? That's actually news to me, I thought that the only person who had any of them was Xenthos. 

I'm also fairly sure that for casters, skill level in the attack's skill does in fact scale up its damage, as do any lessons put into other skills that share the same pool. 
    @Enyalida Possibly that it is that way for casters, I don't have any experience with casting classes, can just say I never noticed any much difference between when I was still lower skill while bashing, but I might just not have paid enough attention, that is a possibility. As for ur'traps, sure, since there's a chance for getting czigany coins now, I think people are a lot more interested in traps.
    Again, really? My impression from looking into them and hearing people talk was that the coin traps were originally very popular, but interest dropped off dramatically when it was discovered that the rate was very low, and following the massive nerfs to coins that leaves them of minimal interest to the majority of players. I know I won't pass up a free coin, but I would not pay for a coin - the majority of the spins are of no material use to me. 
    @Enyalida I am not sure as said, I can only say what I've seen and heard. And that people have amassed a lot of coins from them, through the chance's not very high, yes. But it was a rather recent changelog. It's rather irrelevant though in the end, because some people seem to supply a rather big amount of cookies, at least from what I've seen, I could always easily buy 5 to 7.  I only know there was a changelog a month or so ago and since then I noticed people buying urtraps and cookies appearing.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Coins just got buffed, Enyalida. They have a chance to give present rewards now (on top of their low % to give an actual present). I forget which it was specifically, but I pulled a 300 dingbat item out of the Wheel recently (no present, directly received an arty).

Plus, cookies got buffed too!
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I still have an Urtrap that I got when they initially came out.

I don't check it religously, but I can probably count on one hand how many coins I've gotten.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I have a single urtrap, fully upgraded, and a level 3 license because I didn't realise how they worked.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Enyalida said:
    People purchase and use ur'traps? That's actually news to me, I thought that the only person who had any of them was Xenthos. 

I'm also fairly sure that for casters, skill level in the attack's skill does in fact scale up its damage, as do any lessons put into other skills that share the same pool. 

Enyalida said:
    Again, really? My impression from looking into them and hearing people talk was that the coin traps were originally very popular, but interest dropped off dramatically when it was discovered that the rate was very low, and following the massive nerfs to coins that leaves them of minimal interest to the majority of players. I know I won't pass up a free coin, but I would not pay for a coin - the majority of the spins are of no material use to me. 

hmm, I suppose you havent been playing much lately?

Cookies became much more popular ever since they could be stacked. You can literally now walk with a 100% bonus to XP or Gold or Esteem and can keep the buff there so long as you have spare cookies on hand to add to the timer. They are pretty amazing.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    Or all three. It's what I do when I feel like going on an influence binge. Having to dump esteem every 9 mobs or so is nice.
    It's probably more that I haven't seriously bashed for xp, gold, or esteem in literal RL years and mostly hang out with people (and talk about stuff like buffs, etc) who haven't either.