Simple Ideas

Comments

• I was gonna say "there's Masquerade" but that costs essence to maintain for some reason.
    Rivius said:
    Why not include one's current race in honours alongside the 'demigod' designation? Eg. "male loboshigaru demigod"?

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited October 2015
    Rivius said:
    Why not include one's current race in honours alongside the 'demigod' designation? Eg. "male loboshigaru demigod"?
    Yes please! Or at least make it a typecast option.
    Chirbo said:
    Then furrikin would be hitting on me since I'm tae'dae demigod
    What's the problem?
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Rivius said:
    It doesn't?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Tylwyth said:
    Rivius said:
    It doesn't?
    It shows when you examine someone, along with any other racial spec titles, but in honors you just get "Male/Female <typecast> Demigod"
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • After a newbie asked about queuing today, I realized that our queuing system (stratagems) is quite high up in Combat for a new player to reasonably consider getting before guild skills, Conglutinate, etc. I also realized that stratagems are very, very useful since it has command separators, and it supports all the different types of balances (normal bal/eq, arm, psionic channels, etc.).

I'd like to propose, though, that we also have a basic queuing system that even fresh newbies can access just for the QoL. Something that only supports, say, normal balance/equilibrium, and you can only stack up to 1 command in it (rather than the 10 that Stratagem provides). Stratagems would supersede this stratagem-lite after they've learned it.

• I'd just go for moving Stratagems lower in Combat, or just giving it to people. Too much lesson spread as it is.

• edited October 2015
    About command separation: You can do that in aliases as well. Just use || to separate commands in there (I think you can have any (reasonable) number of commands as well).

EDIT: Which is reason enough to remove the silly three-command limit of stratagems, since you can use aliases in stratagems, and thus get far more than the three anyway.
  • Daraius said:
    Rivius said:
    Yes please! Or at least make it a typecast option.
    Chirbo said:
    Then furrikin would be hitting on me since I'm tae'dae demigod
    What's the problem?
    I don't want to meet angry Chairman
  • Ssaliss said:
    About command separation: You can do that in aliases as well. Just use || to separate commands in there .
    nope.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited October 2015
    What? Yes. Yes you can. I specifically asked over Envoys, tested it myself, and had it added to the HELP file. So "yep." Pro content though. 
  • Huh, they fixed that.

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Since we already have COMMUNE/CITY/GUILDMESSAGES, can we add ORDERMESSAGES, too? :D
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Since we already have COMMUNE/CITY/GUILDMESSAGES, can we add ORDERMESSAGES, too? :D
    Already exists.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Nice. Thanks!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Vivet said:
    Because HELP HAIR CURIOS is pleasantly informative, I feel it would be a great gesture to go back and make a HELP COOKING CURIOS. It is easy to forget what bottles are in what collections and what you might even need pieces for, and having a simple directory for them in-game would be immensely useful. Info on how the foods stack would be a nice bonus as well.
    There is now a HELP COOKING CURIOS for all your obsessive collecting needs!
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Add the deletion and creation of player *HELP files to the logging for that org. 
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    LIBRARY LOG should have a note for when other libraries submit things for prestige and what those submissions are, because it's a pain to find prestige submissions manually.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Portius said:
    LIBRARY LOG should have a note for when other libraries submit things for prestige and what those submissions are, because it's a pain to find prestige submissions manually.
    Yes. This. Look at this. This. 
  • curio transfer complete 153675 to aeldra for 25 credits
    You offer to sell waves of cosmic fire to Aeldra for 25 gold, and await agreement.

Awkward. Can we transfer completed curios for credits and possibly dingbats too, please? It's the most common currency for buying them!

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Think I've mentioned this before, but it would be aces to have some method of transferring a design from one cartel to another.

Could be a one-time-use item you buy with credits, or could be a set gold fee, whatever. I know that people would buy it and would use it, though. If there's concern about stealing from deeded cartels, could make it only work on private non-deeded cartels. Nudge nudge, hint hint.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Sylandra said:
    Think I've mentioned this before, but it would be aces to have some method of transferring a design from one cartel to another.

Could be a one-time-use item you buy with credits, or could be a set gold fee, whatever. I know that people would buy it and would use it, though. If there's concern about stealing from deeded cartels, could make it only work on private non-deeded cartels. Nudge nudge, hint hint.
    This used to be a thing, but people used it to steal designs out of org cartels, so this mechanic was removed. It would certainly be nice to have it back with limitations.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    edited November 2015
    Ohh! I didn't know that. :O Well that's encouraging at least, since we know it's possible mechanically! Limiting it to non-deeded/not-org cartels might be enough to prevent abuse. (I think? I hope.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Talan said:
    Sylandra said:

This used to be a thing, but people used it to steal designs out of org cartels, so this mechanic was removed. It would certainly be nice to have it back with limitations.
    Hmm. The difference now is that designs are submitted with designers mentioned. Granted, not all in the population of designs have a designer attached; however I don't see why the credited maker of a design couldn't have the ability to move their design from cartel A to cartel B. 
  • Guild Administrators, Leaders and Champions have artifacts. 

Give Librarians artifacts. 

An artifact shackle to a heavy tome. Pull on the shackle to teleport to your org's library. 
  • Not to shoot you down because it is a decent idea, but I think GM, GA, and GC all get artifacts because they're elected, not appointed.

• Zeleni said:
    Not to shoot you down because it is a decent idea, but I think GM, GA, and GC all get artifacts because they're elected, not appointed.
    You get a ledger as steward, too. 
  • Interesting.  I didn't know that.

• The GA artifact is both blessing and curse. It lets you do practically anything in the guild, but at the same time, you are obligated to oversee everything in the guild.