Simple Ideas

Comments

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Please donate some to a public aethershop. Roses are always in rare or nonexistent supply :(

And yes, yes, I know I could just get my own flowerpot or manse garden. But I only want a rose once in a while and can never find them when I do!

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Depending on your need, there are the black roses of Glomdoring. Should work if you're only going to use them in designs.
    Need them for purposes that involve them not decaying. And don't want to muss things up for certain people by stealing them for designs during certain times of the month.

Before an earthly flight

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited October 2015
    I stock em! But I heard a rumor that you can use rosehips for roses in designs? Haven't tried it though, nor have I tried to find rosehips at the plex, so just keep your eyes on Erudio, I guess!
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Rancoura said:
    Please donate some to a public aethershop. Roses are always in rare or nonexistent supply :(

I believe Skye has a garden in the Triple Junction Inn with a manse dweller that has a very large stock of flowers for cheap.

@Delsea Join Hallifax, we have a magic flower machine where you can combine flowers (and large chunks of money) into fancy flowers.
    For Mister Zvoltz, Pejat has been terminated by the Replicant Dynodeon.
    @Pejat. TJI does indeed have a flower vendor. You have made my year.

Before an earthly flight

There goes my flower revenue!
    I used to make cakes.

• The Cave of Beauty.
    Banks of clouds roil about here. Grandly stretched along the wall here is a tapestry of the Children
    of Yudhe. A stately mahogany throne stands here, humbled by its ornate tripartite backrest. A square
    book with an engraved, nut-brown oaken cover lies here, a colourful bookmark trailing from between
    its pages. The Seal of Beauty slowly spins in the air here, humming with latent power. A jewelled
    watch depicting the meeting of two Elder Gods has been left here, sparkling with every caress of
    ambient light. Wrought of honeyed gold and starlight bright, this slender band lies here forlornly
    warding off the night. A beautiful, lush garden grows here.
    You see a single exit leading out.

---

This lush garden is abloom with fresh multicoloured flowers. The fresh and uplifting smell charms
    your senses, and makes room for comfort and relaxation. The well-tended earth is pleasingly damp,
    and the perfect condition to keep flowers blooming regardless of season.
    It weighs about 128 pounds.
    A lush garden is holding:
    "lily94627"                             a white lily
    "lily137394"                            a tiger lily
    "lily56472"                             a white lily
    "lily94736"                             a black lily
    4 items found.
    It has the following aliases: garden, crystal.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    What's the vnum for the highway room outside the wayfaire?
  • Tarkenton said:
    What's the vnum for the highway room outside the wayfaire?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    A fierce timberwolf tilts back his head in a low, resonant howl.
    Harmonies resonate at the edge of hearing, recalling a martial melody.

This sort of thing tends to happen a lot at regular intervals. Perhaps these wolves need another ambience or two and a little more randomness to their timers?
    It's a timberwolf choir.  :x
    I used to make cakes.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    What they need is to eventually reset to the kennel or a holding room after a (long) while.
  • So apparently the illithoid race has no special messages when they start accumulating ego, or even when their inner worm is fully satiated.

May I suggest that when an illithoid reaches 10/10 inner worm, that a thematic ambiance line is added? Something like "Psionic energy begins to crackle about your cranium, as your insight into the inner-most thoughts of those around you become heightened and clearer".

Additionally, it seems the race gains a 'def line' when they start to accumulate ego, but there seems to be nothing added when they are full and thus gained a bonus in all forms of influencing. The ambiance message could help in this regard as well.
  • It would be great if ikons could be sold in shops. Maybe in an ikon rift of their own? They don't take inv space so I don't see why they'd take up shop space. I'd totally buy them.
  • ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS PLEASE
  • Delsea said:
    It would be great if ikons could be sold in shops. Maybe in an ikon rift of their own? They don't take inv space so I don't see why they'd take up shop space. I'd totally buy them.
    Given that ikons already don't exist as actual items, I think it would be a bit hard to set something up that auto transfers them to a person like that from a shop. I don't think the admin want to a ton of items to the game for it to keep track of.
  • Ayisdra said:
    Delsea said:
    It would be great if ikons could be sold in shops. Maybe in an ikon rift of their own? They don't take inv space so I don't see why they'd take up shop space. I'd totally buy them.
    Given that ikons already don't exist as actual items, I think it would be a bit hard to set something up that auto transfers them to a person like that from a shop. I don't think the admin want to a ton of items to the game for it to keep track of.
    They've clearly made an attempt to make us interested in the past, though, so if it's easier for people to become interested, why the F not?

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I'm guessing the code might make it weird to do it at any shop, but if like Bob had a hub everyone could come to to post ikons for a small fee/hold them until they are requested back or sold, I think that'd probably work out.
  • Nerf the carp out of Ikons

At the very least let them boost hunting experience.

It makes influence vastly OP.
  • Chirbo said:
     It makes influence vastly OP.

There has always been trade offs between hunting and influencing. Influencing is far more accessible. You can do quests to get ikons. You don't actually have to pay credits for an xp buff. You only need to invest in a very few skill trees to get to optimal influencing power.

However, having great influencing power won't help you in PK while investing in hunting skills will. Influencing is entirely solo gains - you cannot form a squad and share your chatty work with other people. There is no chance of a world shattering influence hit. It is a slow and steady gain. You can build up a crazy amount of artifacts to boost your hunting ability (vitals, buffs, resists, crit rate, extended crits, demi+, etc) making hunting faster if you invest in it. With influencing you only get gold when you beg. In hunting you get gold no matter what type of damage you use. Lastly, you can only influence mobs that are weak enough to be cowed into submission, and mobs who are intelligent enough to understand, while you can hit just about anything you want in the face, making the hunting grounds for influencing far more limited.

Influencing is good at what it is good at. However, it can be a tempting dead end. Players who cannot invest any amount of credits into Lusternia, that rush to demi, will find few spare lessons for anything but influencing.
    For Mister Zvoltz, Pejat has been terminated by the Replicant Dynodeon.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    CHARACTER SET INACTIVE

After confirming, logs you out of character. Character cannot be logged into for 30 days. After 30 days, you can log into the character with the following effects:

Character has permanent 0 vote weight.
    Character cannot vote in referendums.
    Character cannot participate in any monthly reward, such as "log in for 21 days" or "influence this for this reward", and so on.
    Character is noted as "Inactive" in family trees, and cannot marry in or out or gain children.
    Character does not count for family size or honor ticks.
    Character is unable to contest for a city or guild position beyond cartels.

Thoughts?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    CHARACTER SET INACTIVE After confirming, logs you out of character. Character cannot be logged into for 30 days. After 30 days, you can log into the character with the following effects: Character has permanent 0 vote weight. Character cannot vote in referendums. Character cannot participate in any monthly reward, such as "log in for 21 days" or "influence this for this reward", and so on. Character is noted as "Inactive" in family trees, and cannot marry in or out or gain children. Character does not count for family size or honor ticks. Character is unable to contest for a city or guild position beyond cartels. Thoughts?

Why not just not log in? I think this marking is just unneeded.

Also, having a character marked as inactive for family is odd. Right now, its not tied to the normal unranked (not signing in for 30days makes you unranked in the xp rankings). The only way to be marked as inactive for a family is to marry out or reject. Just because a person isn't around doesn't mean they are not part of that family.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    What's the point of it?

I mean, why would anyone voluntarily do this? 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Because it sucks having to explain to someone who wants you in their family that "no, I can't be in your family because I'm extra close friends with your great aunt's cousin who is in the same family".
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Couldn't your great aunt's cousin renounce the family? Same effect (inactive in the family), no extra coding or headache involved.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Could out alts, though.

I dunno, I see where @Shaddus is coming from here.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I don't get it.  Is this just supposed to make you not want to play Lusternia?