Simple Ideas

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited June 2014
    Tacita said:
    So "The presence of your Deity's avatar soothes you." is boring, and makes no sense if you're the avatar in question (finding my own presence soothing is a little too narcissistic even for me).

The Divine should be able to customise these exalt messages so that they are more appropriate and more awesome. For example, a Shikari exalt message might say "The thrill of the hunt drives you onwards." or something similarly badass. These could even be customised for the avatar in question, so that the different avatars' roles within their order are represented.
    I will pay personal essence through the nose to customise for this.

Edit: Moreso if Shikari exalts come in crimson.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Haezon said:
    Can we change back the current library format so we don't have to keep typing MORE to see books? There are a lot of books in the library (No shit, lol) and we can't keep doing MORE, MORE, MORE, and same with search function, MORE, MORE.

Just irritating.

Also, can we PLEASE make acrobatic Climb ability have an option to CLING (Along with moving/combining the equivalent ability in environment to climb). What is the point of climbing trees if I keep getting blown out of them. If I can shimmy up a tree, or grab a branch and pull myself up,I should be able to cling.

If not, allow balancing and falling to heighten the possibility of not getting blown away. Technically, when you're blown out of a tree, you're falling, or losing your balance.
    Cling is an ability in environment and some other places. The idea being you do not inherently know how to cling simply because you can climb.  Falling fires when you are hitting the ground, but you are being pushed by wind out of the tree, not simply losing balance.  Also, there is an arty of "don't push me bro".
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited June 2014
    Haezon said:
    Can we change back the current library format so we don't have to keep typing MORE to see books? There are a lot of books in the library (No shit, lol) and we can't keep doing MORE, MORE, MORE, and same with search function, MORE, MORE.

Just irritating.

Also, can we PLEASE make acrobatic Climb ability have an option to CLING (Along with moving/combining the equivalent ability in environment to climb). What is the point of climbing trees if I keep getting blown out of them. If I can shimmy up a tree, or grab a branch and pull myself up,I should be able to cling.

If not, allow balancing and falling to heighten the possibility of not getting blown away. Technically, when you're blown out of a tree, you're falling, or losing your balance.
    Please no. There are so many books in the library system it was causing (admittedly minor) lag to call them up, having to more is perfectly fine. The output needs to be changed to only use character names instead of showing full titles, though. Parially because with titles, stuff gets cut off... partially because 85% of all titles are annoying and dumb.

It's a skill in Environment, invest. Making more and more unique skills (monkey totem, in this instance) automatic for everyone waters down the game. But yeah, enviornment should be a miniskill.
  • I know this'll never happen, but here's a quick fix for all -wood tert skills (runes, dreamweaving, shamanism) that have abilities which depend on demesnes - let them use the area of effect granted by LINK instead.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited June 2014
    I did fall in love with the attire system in Aetolia, even despite worn items just kind of awkwardly being listed. I'm afraid that, with the (much more desirable) sentence readout we have in Lusternia, it would make things a bit too messy considering just how long a lot of item appearances can be. I mean, if I added just a little phrase to each of the things I normally wear...well, reader beware.

That said, though, I think it could be used constructively by a lot of people.

Afterthought: the conceal bit would be a-ma-zing, provided it didn't work like the current artifacts in that the items are actually hidden for the purposes of prestige. I would eat that up without a second thought.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • edited June 2014
    I don't know about you, but I hate the sentence presentation of clothing items. I always use scripts that break those items into a list that gives each item its own line, so I can read descriptions easier, and more quickly ascertain what sort of clothing a person is wearing. When it's all in one line, it's all mashed together and it's hard to parse.

I love love love the Aetolia appearance system. Please can we has?
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
    I do too, it just muddles everything together too much otherwise.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I didn't realise just how hard it was to read until I played a game that listed out worn items. It was SO much easier to read and tell at a glance what people were wearing. If we could have something like this that allowed us to conceal artifacts that we have to wear while showing off our lovely designed clothing, I would be one really happy camper.

• Unless I'm misunderstanding, isn't that what this is for?

Gaudy Glamrock: 250 credits
       - This artifact allows the recording of fashion ensembles. Each Glamrock
         can store up to 10 ensembles, each one lasting for up to 300 game-days,
         and lets you project them over whatever you're really wearing. Each
         ensemble includes everything you'd see in the description
         after "He is wearing".
       - COUTURE RECORD <slot> <name>  - Record your current ensemble
       - COUTURE PLAY <slot|name>|NONE - Project a recorded ensemble over
                                         yourself
       - COUTURE ERASE <slot|name>     - Erase a recorded ensemble
       - COUTURE LIST                  - Show all your recorded ensembles
       - COUTURE SHOW <slot|name>      - Display full details of an ensemble
       - COUTURE STATUS                - What ensemble are you currently modeling?

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Ardmore said:
    Unless I'm misunderstanding, isn't that what this is for?

Gaudy Glamrock: 250 credits
       - This artifact allows the recording of fashion ensembles. Each Glamrock
         can store up to 10 ensembles, each one lasting for up to 300 game-days,
         and lets you project them over whatever you're really wearing. Each
         ensemble includes everything you'd see in the description
         after "He is wearing".
       - COUTURE RECORD <slot> <name>  - Record your current ensemble
       - COUTURE PLAY <slot|name>|NONE - Project a recorded ensemble over
                                         yourself
       - COUTURE ERASE <slot|name>     - Erase a recorded ensemble
       - COUTURE LIST                  - Show all your recorded ensembles
       - COUTURE SHOW <slot|name>      - Display full details of an ensemble
       - COUTURE STATUS                - What ensemble are you currently modeling?

In essence, yes. But thaaat could use a bit of tweaking, imo.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    Yeah, it's far too expensive, and doesn't work well.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Also from what I can tell, it makes having designed items pointless with the glamrock - you just record what you want it to say. I just want to be able to wear the pretty designed clothes I have without also having my inventory spammed with boots of the wanderer/enchantment gloves/race hat/scarecrow hat/leprechaun medals etc etc that don't really change anything if people can't see them. It just seems silly that we have to pay to not look like we're giants wearing multiples of the same thing.

• Oh... I thought it worked like - you put on an outfit, you record it, then you put on your actual armour / artifacts, etc and then you... uh... play the recording... and it shows what you recorded, not what you're actually wearing.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited June 2014
    That's what it seemed like to me to. Has anyone actually bought one to see? And 300 ig days, that's what... A day and a quarter? Seems kind of pointless, unless that's supposed to be ig months instead. If they do returns, I might get one next month to test and see.

Edit: Epic math fail on my part.  Wow.
  • 12.5 RL days, isn't it? Each in-game day is ~1 hour... 300 hours.
    Yah, that's exactly how it works. It lets you illusion clothes over your armor... but you have to carry the clothes around anyways.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    For those of us who don't really want to spend the time making a new character on those other games, can you give an example of what those descriptions look like that list worn items separately? I imagine it would get really spammy with how equipped most people are, unless I'm misunderstanding.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    She is a resilient Idreth. Rather short of stature, she edges in on five feet tall with a soft but
    fit frame. Though her strawberry blonde hair mostly falls free, two small, loose braids draw back
    from her temples, meeting together at the base of her skull and melding together. A few frizzy locks
    also curl in front of her pointy ears to accent her oval face. She has wide, pale lavender eyes that
    dominate her young visage which rounds complete with fairly average-sized lips and a proportionally
    petite nose. Contrasting with her moderately tanned flesh, her small hands sport fingers of dusty
    onyx.

(woven in the left braid) : a red rose
                  (well-fitted around the body) : a fiery-hued silk dress
                              (around the neck) : a chain necklace with a thunderstorm charm
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • It can be spammy, depending on the person. Neat part is being able to customize the bits in parentheses and concealing some of the clothing.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • So when bashing, swing attacks with an axe give the same messages as a sword would. Which is cool, but so does jabbing, wherein i feel like jabbing should use bludgeoning messages instead of cutting ones.

Can has BC bashing messages with jabs, and PB/BM bashing messages with swing?
  • Well, Angroth, the axe jab attack is still a cutting attack. The only spec that has that is cavalier, which bashes on a jab and cuts on a swing (which makes it the best spec for warrior bashing.)
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Marcella said:
    The only spec that has that is cavalier, which bashes on a jab and cuts on a swing

Other way around.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Can the effect of Dramaturgy Etiquette scale with the skill level of Dramaturgy instead of having a double effect off the bat, please?

Etiquette           Grace and manners may enhance performances.
    • Syntax: DRAMA ETIQUETTE
      Any Dramatics skills that are performed (bully, sycophant, bureaucrat, gorgeous, vagabond, diplomat) will have double effect.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• No way, man, then I'd have to not be Inept Dramaturgy. :/
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    MORE INCENTIVE TO LEARN IT!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Lavinya said:
    I didn't realise just how hard it was to read until I played a game that listed out worn items. It was SO much easier to read and tell at a glance what people were wearing. If we could have something like this that allowed us to conceal artifacts that we have to wear while showing off our lovely designed clothing, I would be one really happy camper.
    Perhaps an upgrade to the cloak of shifting hues? I like my cloak and all, but I'd like it if I could display certain items (like my Mandala!) through the concealment.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Could we please, please change the coloring on the teddy bear curio's white on yellow background thing?

This one:
    A plump, stuffed teddy bear begins to turn about, waving his little arms above his head as he sways this way and that in a tottering dance.

Chanting solemnly as he toddles about in his circle, a plump, stuffed teddy bear says, "One, two, buckle my shoe. Three, four, shut the door..."

A plump, stuffed teddy bear suddenly plops down, carefully lifting a foot in his stubby paws. "But I don't have shoes!" He exclaims with a curious frown.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Kethaera said:
    It can be spammy, depending on the person. Neat part is being able to customize the bits in parentheses and concealing some of the clothing.
    I'm currently mentally envisioning what mine would look like on a line-by-line basis.

It scares me.