Simple Ideas

Comments

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Wtb ability for Champs to rescue any city members. Iirc we can already defend them without being allied.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Totem and elemental mounts for Wood/Chemantics. Please. I would love to be able to use my dragon turtle's waterglide and steam breath while using Aquachemantics.  [-O<
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess

Sureldis said:
    Totem and elemental mounts for Wood/Chemantics. Please. I would love to be able to use my dragon turtle's waterglide and steam breath while using Aquachemantics.  [-O<
    There's a reason it exists only for druids/mancers. If I had access to free, 100% certain epilepsy off my beast, I could add a decent amount of damage to my aerochem bomb, for one.

Although I do have a bit of an issue with the way chem/woods are set up.

As far as I am aware, pyrocannon incinerate sets people ablaze. Vine noose entangles and treehug breaks limbs. Someone mentioned that aquachem luminate gives faerie fire (Receiving inconsistent reports here, so I could be wrong). On the other hand, aerochem and possibly geochem both do not have a working affliction to add to their reagent attack, even less so one that adds an affliction to work with the 10p bombs that said guilds have. This speaks of an inconsistency in relation to those guilds that should definitely be looked into and removed. I'd personally like to see generator hyperbeam cause epilepsy and possibly magnum annihilate cause pox? Not sure, I'd say check with a geomancer in that regard. And if luminate does not afflict or it does afflict with faerie fire (Which doesn't help the aqua ulti-bomb), I'd also recommend checking in with them to see about adding an affliction to the luminate attack.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Haha, don't be jealous of treehug, treehug is bad. 

Aqua attack just has extra damage, iirc. 
    Enyalida said:

Not jealous. I do understand that it is the only attack of the lot that can't be performed at range. That should be looked into, as well... although I didn't want to step on toes.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Elanorwen said:

Sureldis said:
    Totem and elemental mounts for Wood/Chemantics. Please. I would love to be able to use my dragon turtle's waterglide and steam breath while using Aquachemantics.  [-O<
    There's a reason it exists only for druids/mancers. If I had access to free, 100% certain epilepsy off my beast, I could add a decent amount of damage to my aerochem bomb, for one.

Have you tried ur'life, the contagion spit nearly always lands with scabies amongst the afflictions.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Elanorwen said:
    Enyalida said:

Not jealous. I do understand that it is the only attack of the lot that can't be performed at range. That should be looked into, as well... although I didn't want to step on toes.
    Honestly, your attack which costs effluvia should give epilepsy as standard. It's a bit unfair that Pyrochems get aflame on their incinerate attack, particularly as it's a required aff for the bombs.
    Karlach said:
    Elanorwen said:

Sureldis said:

Have you tried ur'life, the contagion spit nearly always lands with scabies amongst the afflictions.
    Epilepsy boosts the damage done by the 10p aerochemancy bomb. Scabies, sadly, does not. Normally, a thunderbird... or well, Uanor, because Uanor does have Aeromancy can breathe lightning to cause epilepsy... but it also requires that I have the Aeromancy skill, which immediately means that I can't use it to combine with my 10p Aerochem bomb. The same applies to phoenixes with their breath attack which sets targets ablaze... but pyrochems get to use their pyrocannons to achieve the same result, unlike Aerochems with the generator.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Right, so instead of timing your hit with your beam generator, you time it with your passive sensitivity, and beast spit chansu and boom, not only does sensitivity boost 33%, aerochem isn't blocked by truedeaf, isn't shruggable and you get to count 2 afflictions instead of 1 from pyrochem. But yeah, totally not fair that Pyrochems set people ablaze.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    edited May 2014
    Synkarin said:
    Right, so instead of timing your hit with your beam generator, you time it with your passive sensitivity, and beast spit chansu and boom, not only does sensitivity boost 33%, aerochem isn't blocked by truedeaf, isn't shruggable and you get to count 2 afflictions instead of 1 from pyrochem. But yeah, totally not fair that Pyrochems set people ablaze.
    Sensitivity was removed from the required afflictions for vacuum. On top of that, my passive sensitivity goes away when I use my 10p bomb, so you can't really time it there either.

EDIT: Technically, sensitivity and aeon were both removed... instead, we get to use shortness of breath and timewarp.

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    well, touche, Viynain's website needs some updating.

My bad

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.

Synkarin said:

My bad
    Not to worry. I'm just trying to get some equivalence in this situation, nothing more, being that three of the guilds afflict (with afflictions that do help their 10p attacks), three don't. As mentioned, admins should double-check with Aquas and Geos to see about afflictions that might be useful there, too. Granted, one of the six attacks isn't ranged either... which might be something that Hartstone should definitely poke and prod about.

• Firstly, these ideas don't sound simple. You should make a thread

Secondly, there's a difference between parity and carbon copying. I like the first but not the second. The strategy for being a good wyrdenwood shouldn't necessarily be exactly same as the strategy for being a good aquachem. I don't know enough even about wyrdenwood to argue about what skills should/shouldn't give this or that affliction, much less about any of the other specs. But I'm inherently suspicious about arguments that talk about what one skillset should be able to do based on what another skillset can do.
    edited May 2014
    Elanorwen said:

Synkarin said:

My bad
    Not to worry. I'm just trying to get some equivalence in this situation, nothing more, being that three of the guilds afflict (with afflictions that do help their 10p attacks), three don't. As mentioned, admins should double-check with Aquas and Geos to see about afflictions that might be useful there, too. Granted, one of the six attacks isn't ranged either... which might be something that Hartstone should definitely poke and prod about.
    And that non-ranged attack also can't be used with runes/dreamweaving fusing/embedding, which allows attacking with up to two other 'bomb affs'. Yeah, I know.
    Belibi said:
    Firstly, these ideas don't sound simple. You should make a thread

Secondly, there's a difference between parity and carbon copying. I like the first but not the second. The strategy for being a good wyrdenwood shouldn't necessarily be exactly same as the strategy for being a good aquachem. I don't know enough even about wyrdenwood to argue about what skills should/shouldn't give this or that affliction, much less about any of the other specs. But I'm inherently suspicious about arguments that talk about what one skillset should be able to do based on what another skillset can do.
    Being that the skillsets are practically carbon copies to begin with... i.e. 4 single-target passive afflictions, 4 passive on-hit afflictions, 4 'bombs', 4 long-term defenses. Now, the 10p 'bombs' for each and every chemwood ability get boosted by five different afflictions each. Some are more difficult to pull off than others. For instance, unless something's changed for creeping doom, you can get two out of the five afflictions on it by simply using vine noose at the proper time. In addition to that, you can easily throw in a beast spit mantakaya plus double nyd runes to get paralysis and sensitivity to add to your damage. I can get exactly one of the five afflictions plus sensitivity using the same tactic... so either my ability to deal damage with my 10p bomb is affected by who I have in group with me to throw extra afflictions that they need to time to my bomb... or I'm stuck with doing nowhere near close to my full potential.

That, to me, is a problem. I'm not asking to be able to afflict with fifteen things through my generator, just one affliction which is hardly as powerful as the vine noose entangle... and I don't feel it's exactly complicated to add to the skillset.

Welcome to woodchems. Be glad you have psionics to fall back on! 

Using wyrdenwood is a bad idea if Wildewood damage is comparable to theirs. I can fairly reliably hit with four of our five affs (all but broken skull), and it's... not impressive, assuming it hits and doesn't get dodged/avoided/RoA'd/whatever.
    Enyalida said:
    Welcome to woodchems. Be glad you have psionics to fall back on! 

Using wyrdenwood is a bad idea if Wildewood damage is comparable to theirs. I can fairly reliably hit with four of our five affs (all but broken skull), and it's... not impressive, assuming it hits and doesn't get dodged/avoided/RoA'd/whatever.
    The damage typing on it is pretty sad which is where the problem is coming from, no doubt. That's not what's being argued here, though. And I'm definitely not asking to be able to throw 5 afflictions in one go either.

• @Elanorwen, they aren't carbon copies of each other. They have the same basic structure, true - same could be said for non-chem mages. The individual effects of the different passive affs are different, which mean they interact with each other differently. And more importantly, chems have access to some VERY different tertiaries than woods. Trying to balance them ignoring either of those things will make for nothing pretty.

I'm inclined to agree with you about -wood damage, @Enyalida, except for one place where I think wyrdenwood might be slightly better off. One of our five affs is bleeding. I -think- (although I haven't tested extensively and might be very wrong) that the greater the bleeding, the greater the damage and stun from our 10p bomb. Which obviously means that even if the damage isn't that great, there's theoretically no upward end to the scale. Again, very unsure - but that being said, if I really intended to be a combatant I would certainly ditch Ecology and probably ditch -wood altogether. So until this mythical "overhaul" I've heard about I'm happy enough to wait.
    Belibi said:
    @Elanorwen, they aren't carbon copies of each other. They have the same basic structure, true - same could be said for non-chem mages. The individual effects of the different passive affs are different, which mean they interact with each other differently. And more importantly, chems have access to some VERY different tertiaries than woods. Trying to balance them ignoring either of those things will make for nothing pretty.

I'm inclined to agree with you about -wood damage, @Enyalida, except for one place where I think wyrdenwood might be slightly better off. One of our five affs is bleeding. I -think- (although I haven't tested extensively and might be very wrong) that the greater the bleeding, the greater the damage and stun from our 10p bomb. Which obviously means that even if the damage isn't that great, there's theoretically no upward end to the scale. Again, very unsure - but that being said, if I really intended to be a combatant I would certainly ditch Ecology and probably ditch -wood altogether. So until this mythical "overhaul" I've heard about I'm happy enough to wait.
    Being that the best any non-omni trans aerochem can hope for is.... 0 affliction 10p bomb, I'd say I'm not asking for much. Even with spit poison, there's still the chance of hitting with 0 afflictions because the poison can be shrugged. Your noose brings TWO afflictions to the fight, my generator hyperbeam brings ZERO. You can actually add a third with the noose by using a fused gyfu rune. I'm quite uncertain as to why you feel the need to argue about it when all I'm asking for is ONE affliction. Your noose would still be decades ahead of my hyperbeam.

Agreeing with me on things -wood related makes a lot of sense :P

It's a moot point, envoys are closed. That is, no amount of chattering about it will get it fixed, because game balance fixes are just not happening, just sporadic bug fixes. 
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    And random out of left field skill changes.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Please allow the ability to search through bookbinding stamps using SEALHOLDER as criteria! It's really hard to tell if organisations have already made a stamp without looking through every single one.

• You already can!

bookbinding stamp sealholder_organization hallifax

*******************************************************************************
    [ID]    [Org]         [Description]                                           
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    13267   Public        a grand State Seal of Hallifax
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Khydan said:
    You already can!

bookbinding stamp sealholder_organization hallifax

[ID]    [Org]         [Description]                                           
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    13267   Public        a grand State Seal of Hallifax
    AHA I was getting an error when using sealholder only. Thankyou!

• My favorite ludicrously over-the-top seal.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • commune econstatus
    Economic status for the Free Collective of Glomdoring -------------------------------------
    ----------------------------
    Shops:
       Taxrate : X%          Taxes owed: XXX
    Development:
       Default Plot Price: 0

X's replaced numbers because I dunno if those numbers are important/things I should share. But not the point.

This is a dumb command for the trade minister to have, because they have nothing to do with shop taxes. Also, Lusternia doesn't have "plots" (which I assume refer to Achaea's subdivision plots). This command should probably just be deleted, or at least the plots part removed.
  • edited May 2014
    It's available to all ministers, I think. But yes, it's completely uninteresting (and might even somewhat misleading in certain cases) to everyone but the Chancellor.

EDIT: And the Chancellor can get much more details (at least on the "Taxes owed" part) from another command, so the only interesting thing in there is, AFAIK, the taxrate.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Ssaliss said:
    Let us always be able to use SHADOWDANCE NIGHTKISS/MOON DRAWDOWN (or whatever the syntax is for Serens) from the Night/Moon bubble, regardless of time of day or phase of moon.
    All of my yes for this please.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!