Simple Ideas

Comments

• Blocking on forums isn't going to happen, at least if what somebody said about vanilla forums not having that module is true. Regardless, on a theoretical level, can't think of a reason for 2 way blocking here. That's pmuch only justified if you're being targeted with stalking/abuse, and in this small and tightly moderated community anybody who does that stuff will almost definitely get forum banned altogether.
  • Elayde said:
    The ability for ministers of a city/commune (be it power, chancellor, steward, ambassador, etc) to writelog and create projects in the city/commune would be lovely. I don't know if it has been suggested or idea'd before, but it would be extremely useful!
    Make it an Ambassador Aide power. Goodness knows they need something to do.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Give orgs the power to delegate privs as they see fit, and chuck in a lot of new privs like this.
  • Could we maybe make HallowedGround a bit less spamtastic?
  • I agree with @Daraius, @Iytha (though I think, perhaps, all aides should have this ability. Need to know why someone was powerblocked, just stick it in the logs. Need to know why someone was cast out (cause, Halli is about paperwork) stick it in the logs. No need to message fifty billion people.) and @Enyalida. Orgs need a lot more ability to be flexible beyond having to constantly nag at their patron.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    I'd still like to see the ability to ASK <teacher> <skill> working through truefavours as opposed to getting this:

Malimli Fairquillion, Cloud Keeper tells you, "Your skills are currently influenced by Divine feelings, so I am unable to say exactly how close you are to the next level in Aerochemantics."

It's not like the game doesn't "know" how much each truefavour affecting you boosts the knowledge in each skill you have. Adding code so that teacher can answer the question even through TF shouldn't be terribly complicated, I don't think.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Elanorwen said:
    I'd still like to see the ability to ASK <teacher> <skill> working through truefavours as opposed to getting this:

Malimli Fairquillion, Cloud Keeper tells you, "Your skills are currently influenced by Divine feelings, so I am unable to say exactly how close you are to the next level in Aerochemantics."

It's not like the game doesn't "know" how much each truefavour affecting you boosts the knowledge in each skill you have. Adding code so that teacher can answer the question even through TF shouldn't be terribly complicated, I don't think.
    I think it is more of an RP thing (in a RP sense of TF's are more 'fuzzy' than an exact number of skill increase, even if it is an exact number on a mechanical level) in that they can't tell you.

My own idea:  Allow AUDIT to be able to tell you decay time on things that are in containers (packs and such).
    @Ayisdra that already works, it's just finnicky.
    Ayisdra said:
    Elanorwen said:

I think it is more of an RP thing (in a RP sense of TF's are more 'fuzzy' than an exact number of skill increase, even if it is an exact number on a mechanical level) in that they can't tell you.

My own idea:  Allow AUDIT to be able to tell you decay time on things that are in containers (packs and such).
    An RP thing is all fine and dandy... as long as it doesn't affect the amount of money I'm going to spend on buying credits to trans a skill that I started at some point and didn't finish. If the difference is big enough that I'm trying to decide between buying 200 credits or 300... well, then it becomes an issue, doesn't it?

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    edited May 2014
    Make all the totems trans skills automatically bond you to the appropriate spirit as well, when you use them. It makes no sense that I'm in Stag Form, but I'm not bonded to Stag totem. 

EDIT: You should still be able to toggle off Night totem's shroud as a Night user though, if you don't want to be shrouded for whatever reason.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Elanorwen said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Elanorwen said:

An RP thing is all fine and dandy... as long as it doesn't affect the amount of money I'm going to spend on buying credits to trans a skill that I started at some point and didn't finish. If the difference is big enough that I'm trying to decide between buying 200 credits or 300... well, then it becomes an issue, doesn't it?
    It has absolutely nothing to do with an "RP Thing".

Once upon a time it worked as you want it to.

Players were confused, because they were looking at their skills and saw that they were at mythical.  Asking the teacher resulted in the teacher telling them that they were 97% to the next skill rank.  They learned 100 lessons into the skill, and now the teacher says that they are 1% to the next skill rank.  Meanwhile, their AB list shows that they are still mythical and they have no new skills.

This was the solution that was implemented instead of just making the teacher say "You are 97% of the way towards the Mythical skill rank," which I think would have cleared the problem up just as easily and left it more useful for players in general.
  • Enyalida said:
    @Ayisdra that already works, it's just finnicky.
    It does? Hm, I have never seen it work with me.
  • From the AB: Syntax: AUDIT [<months> [<container>]]
  • New craftable for artisans: Vats! In short, stationary super-kegs.

Normal kegs hold 100 fills, or 5000 sips. This can be drained by 2.5 fills of a standard rift, which isn't a whole lot. The vats would be able to hold perhaps ten times that amount, or 50000 sips, thus enabling a lot more fills to be stocked at the same time without having to construct several kegs.

Kegs would still have their uses, as would keg runes. Since the vats would be stuck in the room much like furniture, kegs would still be used to fill from the alembic and to pour into the vats. All the vats would do is to remove the need to have multiple kegs of the same kind in the same shop.
  • Ssaliss said:
    New craftable for artisans: Vats! In short, stationary super-kegs.

Normal kegs hold 100 fills, or 5000 sips. This can be drained by 2.5 fills of a standard rift, which isn't a whole lot. The vats would be able to hold perhaps ten times that amount, or 50000 sips, thus enabling a lot more fills to be stocked at the same time without having to construct several kegs.

Kegs would still have their uses, as would keg runes. Since the vats would be stuck in the room much like furniture, kegs would still be used to fill from the alembic and to pour into the vats. All the vats would do is to remove the need to have multiple kegs of the same kind in the same shop.
    I would much rather just see shops get liquid rifts (although I know this is probably never going to happen, or be a rather costly artifact to make kegs/kegrunes still something people would get).
  • edited May 2014
    Can we get messages when we win things like Bardics, artisanals and stage/book prestige or something? I had no clue I had gotten a merit until someone messaged me saying 'well done'. It's disconcerting! Yes, news posts but even reading it I missed my name, and junk.
    Retired.
  • Lavinya said:
    Both, really. Forum snub. I don't care what is said that I can't see, there are just some extremely toxic people out there. The ability to completely silence them (for me) would be lovely.
    Even if you can find a way to not see my spelling and grammar errors, you will still need to listen to my stutters.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Please allow people to deposit gold directly into a ministry's account.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Ayisdra said:
    Ssaliss said:

I would much rather just see shops get liquid rifts (although I know this is probably never going to happen, or be a rather costly artifact to make kegs/kegrunes still something people would get).
    Thing is, the liquid rift would have to be huge in order to be able to actually be worthwhile. The standard 2000 sips just wouldn't cut it. I've got enough kegs in my shops to have 10000 sips, and sometimes that sells out in a matter of a RL day or two.
  • Ssaliss said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Ssaliss said:

Thing is, the liquid rift would have to be huge in order to be able to actually be worthwhile. The standard 2000 sips just wouldn't cut it. I've got enough kegs in my shops to have 10000 sips, and sometimes that sells out in a matter of a RL day or two.
    shop liquid rift would be able to use the 125cr expansion artifact as well (in theory anways). Sure this only brings it to 8,000 sips, but still something closer to your 10,000.

• Ayisdra said:
    Ssaliss said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Ssaliss said:

shop liquid rift would be able to use the 125cr expansion artifact as well (in theory anways). Sure this only brings it to 8,000 sips, but still something closer to your 10,000.
    Only aethershops though, if it were to follow the same logic as the dimensional anomaly. And that'd still be a 750cr investment upon an investment of 750cr for the shop itself.
    Puppy manse tenant generators. Could probably recycle the poteen puppies for the mobs... I know @Rivius would love to have one of those.

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Elanorwen said:
    Puppy manse tenant generators. Could probably recycle the poteen puppies for the mobs... I know @Rivius would love to have one of those.
    If we could also get bunny ones, I'd be ecstatic.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    *looks at dark and grim manse of death*
    *looks at fluffy bunnies*
    "Yep, everything seems normal here.  No way this is going to go Night of the Lepus on me!"
  • It would be great to be able to search all designs in a particular trade skill with your name (or any specific person's name) listed as the designer, regardless of which cartel the item was submitted in.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Arsalil said:
    It would be great to be able to search all designs in a particular trade skill with your name (or any specific person's name) listed as the designer, regardless of which cartel the item was submitted in.
    Tried something very similar to this as an artifact suggestion three times, nada.

Convenience is wasted on designers, I guess :(
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    edited May 2014
    Obviously, if it doesn't boost stats or effectiveness in pk, only one person will ever buy it, making it not worth development time. (/sarcasm)
  • Maybe it's exceedingly difficult to code?
    The Necromentate's mind opens to you, and a grotesque, demonic figure appears in your mind's eye, screaming in torment:
    "THE DEMON LORDS CAN NEVER TRULY BE KILLED - GREAT IS THEIR POWER."

You shock a platinum-coloured geomycus with tales of terror bestowed on villages who don't follow Magnagora.
    A platinum-coloured geomycus slaps her knee and declares that, by the gods, Ptoma Hive should follow the Grand Empire of Magnagora after all!
    Shouts rise up from Ptoma Hive, as its denizens loudly pledge themselves to the Grand Empire of Magnagora.