Simple Ideas

Comments

• Darn. Ah well, them's the breaks, or however the saying goes.

One thing I noticed is that II <stuff> # doesn't work... Is that "intended" (or at least known)? Also, I'm guessing expanding it to the itemlists (i.e. ITEMLIST POWERSTONES, ITEMLIST VIALS etc) would be overly complex and work intensive...
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Ieptix said:
    Our indexed searching (which allows much quicker searching than trying to iterate over every item in the game ever) is only exposed via function calls (so we have no direct access to the underlying data structure to manually grab stuff) and is one-way only. It's would be possible to build up a list of replicas during the search, and that's something I may come back to in the future to allow for something like this, but it's likely not going to be any time soon. In the mean-time, while it's not quite as flexible as indexing from the end of the list, the new IH syntax should make it a lot easier to work with large groups of items.
    Oh, so that's how it's done in Lusternia?... thank you for the insight, @Ieptix! Today I learned. :D
  • Ssaliss said:

Darn. Ah well, them8's the breaks, or however the saying goes.

One thing I noticed is that II <stuff> # doesn't work... Is that "intended" (or at least known)? Also, I'm guessing expanding it to the itemlists (i.e. ITEMLIST POWERSTONES, ITEMLIST VIALS etc) would be overly complex and work intensive...

For II, yes, it's intended. Refer to the announce post.

I'm not at home and so can't really comment on the rest.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • That last idea sounds actually really awesome..
  • Have it so that any guilds that have a covenant with each other can hear when loyal npcs are attacked (Daughters / Ladies, Air / Water / Earth / Fire Lords, Cosmic peeps etc) 

For example: Shadowdancers are in an covenant with the Nekotai guild. At one point, there are no members of the Shadowdancers awake, but there are a handful of Nekotai - it would be handy across the board if you could hear, as the guilds in a covenant can hear GT, so why not loyalsays?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Anita said:
    Have it so that any guilds that have a covenant with each other can hear when loyal npcs are attacked (Daughters / Ladies, Air / Water / Earth / Fire Lords, Cosmic peeps etc) 

For example: Shadowdancers are in an covenant with the Nekotai guild. At one point, there are no members of the Shadowdancers awake, but there are a handful of Nekotai - it would be handy across the board if you could hear, as the guilds in a covenant can hear GT, so why not loyalsays?
    Or even make it so that a guild can mark specific people able to hear loyal-requests on their aether (so Celestines could mark Kelly, or Blacktalon could mark Tacita, or Geomancers could mark Lavinya).

Alternatively, make it so that Champions / Security hear loyalsays from guilds in the same organization.

A lot of the people who raid profess to do so because they want people to know they are there and come defend against them, which just does not work if there is nobody in one specific guild to announce their presence.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The marking thing is an increasingly good idea with covenants and skillflexing, as it could serve as a framework for so many shared utilities.
  • Please make it so that all Delport/Stewartsville villagers can be targeted using the noun "Human". There's no reason why all the other races should be targeted by their race, but for humans you need to do it by gender.
  • edited April 2014
    They should be targetable by villager.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    +1 to the above idea
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    What's that in the sky? It looks just like a wei-

-ners, franks, get your hot dogs here!
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Eritheyl said:
    If this is implemented, my dream of flying a giant butt will finally be realized.

I'm just a boy with a dream.
    Don't share any interior descriptions plz.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Daraius said:
    Eritheyl said:
    If this is implemented, my dream of flying a giant butt will finally be realized.

I'm just a boy with a dream.
    Don't share any interior descriptions plz.
    That brings to mind the Ebonguard guild hall.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Hey now... ENTER SPHINCTER is a totally legitimate means of travel.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

... Glomdoring is a freaky place for sure.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Ieptix said:
    Should be, but aren't. Not the named ones, or the kids. At least not in Stewartsville
    @Ieptix, would it be possible that if one does "nature athame" that is summons forth said athame? As it is currently, doing NATURE ATHAME brings forth a list of possible syntaxes, of which none include "nature talisman". Thanks!
  • Belibi said:
    Ieptix said:
    Should be, but aren't. Not the named ones, or the kids. At least not in Stewartsville
    Also the case in Deport. Rascals and named villagers aren't targeted with villager.
  • Everyone in Delport, at least, is targetable by human. Except for the chickens.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
    Shaddus said:
    Please allow elemental creatures (starsuckers/leeches and the like) to be targetted by their element. For instance, attacking "air" would attack carrions, stormeaters, and so on.
    "shadowy" for EtherGlom and "silvery" for EtherWilde, too, please.
  • Zouviqil said:
    Shaddus said:
    Please allow elemental creatures (starsuckers/leeches and the like) to be targetted by their element. For instance, attacking "air" would attack carrions, stormeaters, and so on.
    etherwilde's creatures are all targetable by "ethereal"
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Would be nice if we got that 17th leech back.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    Parua said:
    Zouviqil said:
    Shaddus said:
    etherwilde's creatures are all targetable by "ethereal"
    Now I need to try this with Glom's. o.o I hope they are.
  • edited April 2014
    All the etherglom creatures are targettable by shadow. But so are the daughters. And they will murder your face
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    We'll take a 17th grub too! Air and Fire both have an extra!