Simple Ideas

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    -slowclap @Ssaliss-
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Can we allow brewmeisters to spike liquids, such as teas?

Who doesn't want some spiked punch, or spiked tea?
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Make tattoos a trade option for anyone with Kata active? 
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Daraius said:
    Make tattoos a trade option for anyone with Kata active? 
    In your case, you could always skillflex into Tahtetso with their permission and take tattoos. I think that could work.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • In HELP AETHERSHIP it says "Most (but not all) methods of recovering ordinary willpower will work on aetherwill." I know of 3 methods for recovering willpower that don't involve artifacts (campfire, origami, and meditation) and none of them work on aetherwill. Are there methods of recovering aetherwill that don't require artifacts/curios besides just waiting?
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Brings to mind things like Psionics Ironwill, and Stag Greenman. Mind you, I have no idea if they actually work or not, but...part of me thinks that line in the file is a big fat lie.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    Belibi said:
    In HELP AETHERSHIP it says "Most (but not all) methods of recovering ordinary willpower will work on aetherwill." I know of 3 methods for recovering willpower that don't involve artifacts (campfire, origami, and meditation) and none of them work on aetherwill. Are there methods of recovering aetherwill that don't require artifacts/curios besides just waiting?
    Avatars of your Patron can refresh you.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I'm pretty sure greenman works for aetherwill, it's the... one decent use for the skill. 
  • TacitaTacita <3s Xynthin 4eva!!!11
    It's also worth bearing in mind that a lot of those things (kirigami for instance) used  to work on aetherwill, and no longer do. That's probably why the wording of HELP AETHERSHIP seems a bit weird - it predates that change.
  • Tacita said:
    It's also worth bearing in mind that a lot of those things (kirigami for instance) used  to work on aetherwill, and no longer do. That's probably why the wording of HELP AETHERSHIP seems a bit weird - it predates that change.
    I imagined that that was the case. Was just going to suggest that the wording be changed to reflect that.
    I'd try TYPO'ing it.
  • ANALYZE ALL

As ANALYZE in influence, but on all the denizens in the room.
  • Iytha said:
    ANALYZE ALL

As ANALYZE in influence, but on all the denizens in the room.
    Oh god no.

Spam lemme tell ya. 

You can check all mobs in the room by using influence (it goes down the list itself).

In fact, there is almost zero reason to use analyze!
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    *analyse

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Being able to search through bugs and display them by status. And also stealing Aetolia's bug system. I posted about it a while back, but would have to find the post.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
    edited April 2014

Please allow us a greater degree of freedom when describing ourselves. 

Yourname is a <your race> <whatever you set your description to>.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    So, remove the "and"?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Not sure how possible it is, but a suggestion for the new item targeting syntax: Make negative numbers search from the end. So -1 would get the last one in the list, -2 would get the second-to-last one, etc. Yes, this'd mean that both 0 and -1 would target the same item, but meh.
    Everiine said:
    So, remove the "and"?
    Yes, Ev!

#bringShikariback 

• Tacita said:
    You know what I think it's a while since I asked for this...

Please take titles out of emotes. They make my prose so very ugly.
    I noticed that it actually does this if you don't use targets like ^Tactia_her etc in your emotes. Wish they'd do the same for targetteds.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Lerad said:
    Tacita said:
    You know what I think it's a while since I asked for this...

Please take titles out of emotes. They make my prose so very ugly.
    I noticed that it actually does this if you don't use targets like ^Tactia_her etc in your emotes. Wish they'd do the same for targetteds.
    Just FYI, other people in the room still see your titles in that case.  It's just removed for you only.

To me, that just makes it even more confusing.
  • ... Man, that sucks.

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Ssaliss said:
    Not sure how possible it is, but a suggestion for the new item targeting syntax: Make negative numbers search from the end. So -1 would get the last one in the list, -2 would get the second-to-last one, etc. Yes, this'd mean that both 0 and -1 would target the same item, but meh.
    This should be theoretically possible to implement, if a little more clunky.

With the current implementation, it just indexes the list with the number given.

Enjoy some pseudo code!

li = ["item001", "item002", "item003", "item004", "item005"]

So doing get 1.item likely just does li[1].

Your suggestion would require the following:

get -2.item

li[(length(li) + 1) - 2]

Though the syntaxing could easily get more complicated than this, depending on the exact language used. Not impossible, as I said, but clunky!
  • Yeah, it depends entirely on how items are stored in the room. They're obviously stored in some kind of list (since we get the same order of items at all times), but some lists are only iterable in one direction (i.e. an item has a pointer to the next item in the room, but not the previous) which would mean they'd have to create a temporary array to keep the items in and then start from the bottom of that array. If the list is easily iterable in both directions, it'd be as easy as starting from the bottom and going up instead of starting at the top and going down. I don't think your pseudocode would work, since I kinda doubt they're stored in arrays (then again, I haven't seen the code, so what do I know?)
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Neos said:
    Being able to search through bugs and display them by status. And also stealing Aetolia's bug system. I posted about it a while back, but would have to find the post.
    Yeah our bug tracking system could use an update. The most annoying thing for me too is getting the alert on log-in that one (or more) of your bugs was updated and having no clue which one it was.

• Rivius said:
    Neos said:
    Yeah our bug tracking system could use an update. The most annoying thing for me too is getting the alert on log-in that one (or more) of your bugs was updated and having no clue which one it was.
    This. So very much this. Having 60+ bugs filed sucks because of this :(
  • edited April 2014
    Our indexed searching (which allows much quicker searching than trying to iterate over every item in the game ever) is only exposed via function calls (so we have no direct access to the underlying data structure to manually grab stuff) and is one-way only. It's would be possible to build up a list of replicas during the search, and that's something I may come back to in the future to allow for something like this, but it's likely not going to be any time soon. In the mean-time, while it's not quite as flexible as indexing from the end of the list, the new IH syntax should make it a lot easier to work with large groups of items.
    7c95dbc25a4a9ae292cccb899a49a79b18529207e135ebccd89c0877d386ebea
    ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY GLOW CLOUD.