Simple Ideas

Comments

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Neos said:
    ARTICALL [ALL]
       This will return your artifacts to your inventory.
    ARTICALL ALL
    A Shakiniel doll flies through the aether and into your hands.
    A Gem of Cloaking flies through the aether and into your hands.
    A Mallet of Forging flies through the aether and clonks you soundly on the head.
    put doll in pack
    You are too stunned to do anything.
    (5s later)
    You are no longer stunned and have a brief stun immunity.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Zouviqil said:
    Neos said:
    ARTICALL [ALL]
       This will return your artifacts to your inventory.
    ARTICALL ALL
    A Shakiniel doll flies through the aether and into your hands.
    A Gem of Cloaking flies through the aether and into your hands.
    A Mallet of Forging flies through the aether and clonks you soundly on the head.
    put doll in pack
    You are too stunned to do anything.
    (5s later)
    You are no longer stunned and have a brief stun immunity.
    This isn't BGO!
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    I'd like it if custom pets worked similarly to collared beasts, in that they don't disappear to the stables if you lose them for a couple of minutes.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Make channeled abilities knock you off balance, giving you balance back when you cease channeling. I swear to god fearaura just makes a few skills 100% unviable on either side of the table. 
  • That won't fly I don't think, since it makes fearaura useless.

Making fearaura only be a chance of fear and falling per person in the room would be a good step though.
  • probably been said before, but proficiency gain for aethercraft piloting needs to go up faster.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Belibi said:
    probably been said before, but proficiency gain for aethercraft piloting needs to go up faster.
    Pilot steering doesn't actually move it up at all, you have to do fancier stuff to get that prof up

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Synkarin said:
    Belibi said:
    probably been said before, but proficiency gain for aethercraft piloting needs to go up faster.
    Pilot steering doesn't actually move it up at all, you have to do fancier stuff to get that prof up
    That was done because it was ridiculously easy to go up. Movement of the aethercraft thus does not give any proficiency. And yes, that includes gliding.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • That's dumb. I mean, I don't even know what proficiency does. But unlike the grid or the turret, almost all of the pilot's skills either consume power or require the presence of another friendly aethership. I've been flying around alot, used transverse funnel forcefield tunnel quite a few times and still haven't gotten a single percent. On the other hand, I've spent barely any time in the grid (I fly solo mostly) but my proficiency there is 10%.

If you want it to be non-trivial to gain piloting proficiency, make it so the proficiency gain on movement is (a) very low and (b) only active when the forcefield is down and the ship is under fire. That will keep someone from flying around free and clear to easily get to 100%.
  • The few points I have in piloting I think I got by turning silent running on and off repeatedly. Flying would be much more fun.
  • Belibi said:
    That's dumb. I mean, I don't even know what proficiency does. But unlike the grid or the turret, almost all of the pilot's skills either consume power or require the presence of another friendly aethership. I've been flying around alot, used transverse funnel forcefield tunnel quite a few times and still haven't gotten a single percent. On the other hand, I've spent barely any time in the grid (I fly solo mostly) but my proficiency there is 10%.

If you want it to be non-trivial to gain piloting proficiency, make it so the proficiency gain on movement is (a) very low and (b) only active when the forcefield is down and the ship is under fire. That will keep someone from flying around free and clear to easily get to 100%.
    Incidentally, just to continue beating on this horse, it's entirely possible to get to 100% grid proficiency in the space of a few hours while flying solo, with nearly 0 risk of being destroyed, even at a very low skill level of aethercraft (just need to know how to heal modules). So even if something like the above post was implemented, it still wouldn't be the easiest proficiency to max
  • Belibi said:
    Belibi said:
    That's dumb. I mean, I don't even know what proficiency does. But unlike the grid or the turret, almost all of the pilot's skills either consume power or require the presence of another friendly aethership. I've been flying around alot, used transverse funnel forcefield tunnel quite a few times and still haven't gotten a single percent. On the other hand, I've spent barely any time in the grid (I fly solo mostly) but my proficiency there is 10%.

Incidentally, just to continue beating on this horse, it's entirely possible to get to 100% grid proficiency in the space of a few hours while flying solo, with nearly 0 risk of being destroyed, even at a very low skill level of aethercraft (just need to know how to heal modules). So even if something like the above post was implemented, it still wouldn't be the easiest proficiency to max
    Actually... there's a max of 5% proficiency per RL day (I think it was?). So it's not possible to get it to 100% in just a few hours.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    The cap on gains is 10%, but you lose proficiency in the other fields faster than you gain it in the one you are training.
  • Ah, was unaware. Thanks.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Forums related - a way to block people, please?

Lavinya said:
    Block messages or posts?

Blocking posts is kind of stupid and worse than missing out on a convo IG when someone snubs you and they use say's infront of you that you can't see.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Both, really. Forum snub. I don't care what is said that I can't see, there are just some extremely toxic people out there. The ability to completely silence them (for me) would be lovely.

Probably won't happen. I've never heard of it happening on any forum ever :/ 
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The old forums had it, iirc.
  • edited April 2014
    Yup. From what I understand, though, from having seen it asked for elsewhere, there simply is no ignore-user module for our version of the Vanilla software, and paying for one to be developed would be way more expensive than it's worth.

EDIT: Here is a link from the Achaea producer: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/comment/137497/#Comment_137497

Although I did find this Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey script written by a user over on their forums. I'm fairly certain it could be easily adapted to work on the Lusternian forums; you simply add a user to a variable and it auto-buries their posts for you and you only. Good practice probably requires consent on the script author's part, though: http://userscripts.org/scripts/review/427781
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Remove ranking change on combat spar draws. It's just way too easy to run away constantly or spam protective skills and gain rank/drop the rank of someone above you. 
  • The ability for ministers of a city/commune (be it power, chancellor, steward, ambassador, etc) to writelog and create projects in the city/commune would be lovely. I don't know if it has been suggested or idea'd before, but it would be extremely useful!
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Lavinya said:

No thank you. Bad enough people post hypocritical bollocks without being held accountable to reading valid criticism.

People already block on the Facebook group because they can't write utter tosh without others seeing and criticising it. Blocking them from seeing your posts here on an official game domain which is a go to for newer players gives people a toxic inaccurate perception of the game and people within.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Facebook block both ways so you can protect yourself from an abusive person. It would be nice though if they gave people the option to choose if what you write can still be seen by someone else or not. Still, that is their policy. 

For the forums, I think the best option would be if you got the choice when blocking someone. In some cases you might want that the other party does not see your posts (because they use your words against you), in other cases you simply might want to ignore them because they post toxic trash.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.