Simple Ideas

Comments

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Parua said:
    All the etherglom creatures are targettable by shadow. But so are the daughters. And they will murder your face
    That's so evil. Coders, you're evil.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Daughters of Shadow need the shadow syntax taken out, being targeted by Daughter is enough.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Karlach said:
    Daughters of Shadow need the shadow syntax taken out, being targeted by Daughter is enough.
    I'd say they have a bigger issue, but eh... bias.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Isn't there a quest on Xion that basically adds to or takes away from the creatures on Earth/Water?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Shaddus said:
    Isn't there a quest on Xion that basically adds to or takes away from the creatures on Earth/Water?
    Close.

There is a quest on Xion that spawns on Xion elementals. One elemental type drops Light essence, the other Dark essence. I think there's something like 20, 30 elementals total that are spawned from the quest there? I don't think that's even the end of the quest, too, you could totally spawn all those elementals, get the essence, and bring them home.
    No, not that. I'm pretty sure there was some way in the game to influence how many elemental creatures show up on each plane :/
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • That'd be Sarye and Terae, I should think.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
    Ah, there we go.
  • Yes, those impossible quests. D:
  • -woods who study ecology should be able to sip venoms and extrude them through their vines, the same way dreamweavers can imbue their vines with motes and runelorists with runes.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    If you want passive venom use as an ecologist, you can deliver it through your bond. I guess technically smudges were supposed to fill the role of runelore/dreamweavers embedding motes/runes, but in practice yeah who uses those.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Turnus said:
    If you want passive venom use as an ecologist, you can deliver it through your bond. I guess technically smudges were supposed to fill the role of runelore/dreamweavers embedding motes/runes, but in practice yeah who uses those.
    You're right, of course. But this wouldn't be passive - Flailing is an active skill which doesn't give any other afflictions. And the advantages the terts give don't have to match up exactly between druids and -woods - Shamanism, for example, doesn't offer any -wood equivalents for the skills that effect your demesne*.

*note: didn't try myself. Going off the Xieltalnara site and the wiki
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    edited April 2014
    That's correct, -woods cannot use demesne weather effects or fierceweather (and therefore basically cannot use shamanism at all), or access sleepmist (which makes sleep attrition last a lot less time.. but who cares, sleep attrition is negligible without sap!).
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Much simpler solution: Allow whips to be envenomed.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Siam said:
    Much simpler solution: Allow whips to be sheathed.
    Fixed.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Siam said:
    Much simpler solution: Allow whips to be envenomed.
    @Parua, I was talking about thornvine whips for Wyrdenwoods.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• ahhhhh
    A whisper from the trees and a frosty presence tells you, secretly, "But you are strong, little 
    flower, and wise." The voice shifts and expands, becoming more real. "And everything you just said 
    in the ritual made me feel safer. You should, too."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited April 2014
    Allow family heads to reassign owners of family-deeded manses. (or is this a thing already?)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Daraius said:
    Allow family heads to reassign owners of family-deeded manses. (or is this a thing already?)
    Already a thing!

Allow us to replicate sketches please. And sketchbooks. So we can have a place to store them.

#bringShikariback 

Custom poses. Please.

*kicks a pebble*

#bringShikariback 

• maybe pull the coding for "THINK" from..what was it..Aetolia I think? The one where you could "think <blah blah blah>" and while it'd not be generally visible to anyone, it'd be visible to those able to listen in on TELLs and stuff...

...I missed a good chance for RP when that'd have been utterly useful just a bit ago when that might've brought a divine's attention and allowed for maybe some form of RP to form..but without that, I was only able to really wander away after the command failed (I thought it was in this game oddly enough)
    Tinkers should at least be allowed to enchant figurines so they can be used for figurine battles.

#bringShikariback 

• Lavinya said:
    Daraius said:
    Already a thing!
    far as I know family head cannot reassign anything that is deeded unless something has changed and if so I need to get 2 of my manses undeed something fast.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

edited April 2014
    Deeds cannot be revoked iirc.

#bringShikariback 

• a way to delete an issue after posting it, for examples of times when a player asks a question, then accidentally answers the question his or herself?
    edited April 2014
    Yenoi said:
    maybe pull the coding for "THINK" from..what was it..Aetolia I think? The one where you could "think <blah blah blah>" and while it'd not be generally visible to anyone, it'd be visible to those able to listen in on TELLs and stuff...

...I missed a good chance for RP when that'd have been utterly useful just a bit ago when that might've brought a divine's attention and allowed for maybe some form of RP to form..but without that, I was only able to really wander away after the command failed (I thought it was in this game oddly enough)
    You can likely still do the same thing, and while it's not coded in, the divine will see it if they're watching you.

THINK I really want to follow Lisaera, but I don't know if She's the sort of divine for me. Maybe I should see how She acts before asking to join Her order.

THINK Man, that Carakhan is one fine divine. I'd sure love to paint a painting of Her on a beach wrapped around Amberle, but I don't know how She would take it.
  • Yenoi said:
    a way to delete an issue after posting it, for examples of times when a player asks a question, then accidentally answers the question his or herself?
    You can APPENDISSUE and let the the admin know you figured it out and they'll remove the issue for you.
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    ARTICALL [ALL]
       This will return your artifacts to your inventory.
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"