Simple Ideas

Comments

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'm foreseeing massive down votes for this idea, but who knows.

OFFER FIGURINE/CORPSES FOR DEFILEMENT

Only available if you're in an order and at least in the middle order. Only works at a shrine. Take the essence amount of this item(s), half goes to your divine, half is subtracted from the divine that owns the shrine.

This would be for those who want to strike against a divine more directly. For instance, say Entrias has a figurine worth exactly 500k essence. He offers it for defilement at a Yomoigu shrine, sucking away 250k essence from Yomoigu and giving 250k to Isune. It would show up on both offerings logs, obviously.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I believe I've heard that they don't want a way to "strike at Divine more directly."  You're supposed to fight with their Order members / realm, not actually be able to injure them.

I also don't really think that being able to suck essence away from a God is a good thing.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Dropping a 77mil figurine like I did today on a newer god and sucking half that away from their essence pool could probably be a BIG blow. I don't think people should be able to be that cruel!

If 39 million essence severely hurts a god, they need better followers.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Shaddus said:
    Not everyone has fans outside of their Order to make their essence piles look good.  :-\"

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Morkarion said:
    Shaddus said:
    Not everyone has fans outside of their Order to make their essence piles look good.  :-\"
    Hey, I tend to beat you towards the end in sheer offerings. You just beat me in corpse count :(
    Shaddus said:
    Morkarion said:
    Shaddus said:
    Hey, I tend to beat you towards the end in sheer offerings. You just beat me in corpse count :(
    Figurine bombs are cheating :(

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Dunno. I keep hearing how hard it is to defend forests with totems instead of statues... there's really also the part where you have a bucket load of entry points (which to me is a much greater issue), but that's not even mentioned. So make totems like statues... okay. But if totems are all enchantable and everything else, well then we run into the statue-totting folk complaining about how they don't get power for having statues (never mind that statues can be destroyed at any time), and judging by the comments made here about how totems have a 'negligible' power output, well... okay, we can solve that problem too! Remove power generation from totems/elder trees. Tada, everyone's happy. You still have the aspect of planting nuts to produce sacred trees (woo, RP) in that if upkeep isn't performed, then you get to grow new ones. You have -some- level of upkeep so they're the same as statues in that you just run around and upkeep the sets under 75 days to extend their duration, giving everyone with the upkeep ability a longer timeframe to upkeep than... "Oh, it's midnight, 60 totems just reverted, and we got enemies running around the forest, chopping! Go, go, carve under fire!"

But hey, let's dismiss the idea outright.

Anyways, back to the original reason for my post. I still would like to see the HERE modifier be available to containers: i.e. GET <item> FROM <container> HERE/PUT <item> IN <container> HERE (That will target the container at one's current location to help deal with situations where one is carrying an object of the same type in their inventory and the container at the location is not visible due to being hidden in the room description as opposed to being an actual object that shows on INFO HERE

I'd also like to add that this will partially assist a bit of an annoyance that popped up with Aerochemantics and their primary weapon being a generator where one needs to always remember the number or check INFO HERE of the primary generator in Hallifax if they're also holding their Aerochemantic weapon.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    Morkarion said:
    Shaddus said:
    Morkarion said:
    Shaddus said:
    Figurine bombs are cheating :(
    It's not cheating if I pay a crapton of money for it. >.>
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    No way are they cheating. I like to lull everyone into a false sense of security with my paltry offerings, and then BAM millions upon millions in one go. :D

• Lavinya said:
    No way are they cheating. I like to lull everyone into a false sense of security with my paltry offerings, and then BAM millions upon millions in one go. :D
    Then offerings are reset two days later....
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Ditto being able to toggle off ambients as a council member in the council rooms.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    In ye olden days, we had a real problem with thunderbirds dying in the middle of a show. But yes, I'm bothered by all the solemn, staid voices and descending scales (and the dripping water at the Vesteran Stage).
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • At Serenwilde's there's a guild mob who chatters to people even during plays, on top of the ambients. I understand the reasons for putting her there, she was supposed to try to help drum up interest in the stage and she has a quest involving gathering script pages, but she quintupled the amount of ambient noise during performances. I remember when I left, we'd been making another attempt to get her programmed to be quiet during plays, but I don't remember if it had worked. (We'd paid extra for that when she went in, then paid for it as a customization again when it turned out it hadn't been done the first time, so I hope at some point it finally worked. But by then I was gone.)
    Lendren said:
    At Serenwilde's there's a guild mob who chatters to people even during plays, on top of the ambients. I understand the reasons for putting her there, she was supposed to try to help drum up interest in the stage and she has a quest involving gathering script pages, but she quintupled the amount of ambient noise during performances. I remember when I left, we'd been making another attempt to get her programmed to be quiet during plays, but I don't remember if it had worked. (We'd paid extra for that when she went in, then paid for it as a customization again when it turned out it hadn't been done the first time, so I hope at some point it finally worked. But by then I was gone.)
    She emotes at you and has angry glares when you talk during a show.
    Shaddus said:
    I'm foreseeing massive down votes for this idea, but who knows. OFFER FIGURINE/CORPSES FOR DEFILEMENT Only available if you're in an order and at least in the middle order. Only works at a shrine. Take the essence amount of this item(s), half goes to your divine, half is subtracted from the divine that owns the shrine. This would be for those who want to strike against a divine more directly. For instance, say Entrias has a figurine worth exactly 500k essence. He offers it for defilement at a Yomoigu shrine, sucking away 250k essence from Yomoigu and giving 250k to Isune. It would show up on both offerings logs, obviously.
    I forgot to highlight the entirely obvious use for this.

Target order with inactive divine, figurine bomb them, watch your Divine reset logs before any retaliation can be mustered.

Yeah, no.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Indeed. This basically happened with some most Seren orders when affinity was put in.
  • Can we get the option to directly deposit gold in a guild/commune/order whatever with the amount already in the bank? Something like.

DEPOSIT 5000 GOLD HARBINGERS FROM ACCOUNT

What's the point otherwise of withdrawing 5000 gold and then depositing it back since you're going to make a loss by withdrawing it anyway.
    Retired.
    edited March 2014
    Haezon said:
    Can we get the option to directly deposit gold in a guild/commune/order whatever with the amount already in the bank? Something like.

DEPOSIT 5000 GOLD HARBINGERS FROM ACCOUNT

What's the point otherwise of withdrawing 5000 gold and then depositing it back since you're going to make a loss by withdrawing it anyway.
    That's exactly the point.

EDIT: We should totally get debit cards linked to our checking accounts, though... and then shop keepers could install some card readers so we can just swipe our cards and pay that way!

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Paying directly from your account to shops would be pretty awesome. t would also be awesome if you could set up auto-transfers to pay shop taxes or stable upkeep or ads from a bankaccount.
    Ssaliss said:
    Paying directly from your account to shops would be pretty awesome. t would also be awesome if you could set up auto-transfers to pay shop taxes or stable upkeep or ads from a bankaccount.
    I'm not too keen on the paying shops from your bank... the auto-transfers for taxes and stable upkeep would be sweet though.

• Well, it'd be an option of course. BUY <stuff> ACCOUNT <bankaccount>. Not all purchases would come from the bank!
    Then again, I can also see why auto paying stable upkeep would not be implemented... we want people to buy collars, mhm. Shop taxes, though... I think Achaea had that... not 100% certain, mind, because it's been ages... but I think they did.

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    If you are at an above-ground elevation and fall and land in water, can we get a blue text line that's something along the lines of

SPLASH
    *SPLASH*
    ~*SPLASH*~
    .~*SPLASH*~.

One of these?

I just find it hard to believe you fall from the trees or the sky into water and it's soundless.
  • TarkentonTarkenton Traitor Bear
    *shakefist* Faethorrrrrrrrrn!
    Zouviqil said:
    If you are at an above-ground elevation and fall and land in water, can we get a blue text line that's something along the lines of

SPLASH
    *SPLASH*
    ~*SPLASH*~
    .~*SPLASH*~.

One of these?

I just find it hard to believe you fall from the trees or the sky into water and it's soundless.
    If a Zouviqil falls from the trees in the lake and there's no-one around to hear it, does it make a sound?

• Are you calling Zou a no-one?