Simple Ideas

Comments

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Diniah said:
    Turnus said:
    Diniah said:
    Make message size larger. So that the design you have spent hours working on does not get cut off in the middle. And then you have to assault your trademaster (I'm sorry @Siam !!) with a second message. Just as big. And all but blinding.
    Use letters not messages!
    But that takes money. And poor faeling spending her money to get stronger in her skills, so she can be of more use in her guild and commune. 
    You may know a bookbinder with a quill.

(Just sayin')
  • edited March 2014
    Apologize for the OOC and send pastebins! I love Pastebin. 

---edit---
    For reference if you aren't familiar with it, Pastebin's a website used for helping people collaborate/save/go over code and things, and you can upload biiig chunks of text, it pops out a link, and you can share that link with others. It's become a tool for sharing roleplay/combat logs and design pieces across many MUDs. 

www.pastebin.com 
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited March 2014
    I've suggested this before, but every play I direct makes me want it even more:

BACKSTAGE LOOK

A command for people backstage that functions exactly the same as STAGE LOOK for the audience.

Since backstage emote <text> gives the same output as backstage enter/exit <text> there's no way of knowing whether the actor hit his mark unless you can look at the stage.

Alternate suggestion: add a line visible only backstage when an actor performs an entrance or exit emote. Something like this:

The role jucii has entered the stage:
    Jucii zi'Prouep bursts through the door and shoves her identification badge at the tae'dae guardsman blocking her entry.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • twerk emote

"A man's not dead while his name is still spoken."  - Terry Pratchett 1948-2015

• Yes, little faeling has options when it comes to bookbinding. 

And twerk. No. Please do not insult the basin with horridness like that. It is bad enough to see it in reality. Leave one bastion of sanity.

Avatar by the most wondrous Feyrll
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Diniah said:
    Yes, little faeling has options when it comes to bookbinding. 

And twerk. No. Please do not insult the basin with horridness like that. It is bad enough to see it in reality. Leave one bastion of sanity.
    The reason messages are limited in the first place is exactly so you use letters instead. They're not exactly pricey either... 100g isn't exactly going to ruin anyone.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Elanorwen said:
    Being that avatar resurrect comes from the Divine much like avatar exalt, why does it have to be a power that one needs to purchase and use up weight for? Especially considering the fact that it's 250k essence to use? I'd personally like to see it moved to work in the same fashion as exalt does.
    This, so so much. Up the essence cost of the resurrection itself as a balancing factor but leave it as weight free.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited March 2014
    I'd rather exalt cost weight and resurrect not
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Is there any possibility of getting FHELPs for families? (Or is that a Great House thing already?)
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    If you're an ascendant or some other form which is unable to be demoted to Titan due to essence loss, and you die at low essence that would have dropped you to titan otherwise, there should be some major penalty.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I believe the penalty is having to wait to reform instead of being able to do so immediately.
  • I'd like to see an addition to the emotes list that shows a preview of what the emote is going to come out as. Maybe also being able to search through the list based on part of the emoted phrase, for when you want to know what pre-defined emote you saw someone else use.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    You can use EMSHOW to check the emotes already. :)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited March 2014
    Rialorm said:
    Maybe also being able to search through the list based on part of the emoted phrase, for when you want to know what pre-defined emote you saw someone else use.
    You have no idea how much I would love this. No matter how many times I ask what it is, that damned 'vexed sound' emote always manages to slip from my brain.

Also I'd rather be able to look in game rather than digging through forum threads, sorry @Ssaliss!
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:
    Rialorm said:
    Maybe also being able to search through the list based on part of the emoted phrase, for when you want to know what pre-defined emote you saw someone else use.
    You have no idea how much I would love this. No matter how many times I ask what it is, that damned 'vexed sound' emote always manages to slip from my brain.

Also I'd rather be able to look in game rather than digging through forum threads, sorry @Ssaliss!
    Yeah, I agree, that'd be nice. The forum thread should hopefully be better than nothing though.
  • Daraius said:
    Is there any possibility of getting FHELPs for families? (Or is that a Great House thing already?)
    It isn't already a thing, but I would -love- it if it became one. I have bits of history and rituals and things that Silf and I had started working on that I wanted to share with the family, but will have to make due with the clan Synk heads, I suppose, or newsposts. 
  • Siam said:
    Why does nobody tell me these things? Awesome. Would still love an ingame searchable list of some kind but this is a major help already. Yay for things that Iosai made <3
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
    Can greater gestalts carry the buff of lesser gestalts, please? I know it we can make aliases to reassemble gestalts, but it just seems unnecessary.

(i.e. Fourth Gestalt would still bear the effects of the Third Gestalt down to the First Gestalt)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Can greater gestalts carry the buff of lesser gestalts, please? I know it we can make aliases to reassemble gestalts, but it just seems unnecessary.

(i.e. Fourth Gestalt would still bear the effects of the Third Gestalt down to the First Gestalt)
    That's how it works already, at least according to the ABs. If you can prove otherwise, you should BUG it.

Oh, crud. Thanks for the headsup!

#bringShikariback 

edited March 2014
    Shaddus said:
    If you're an ascendant or some other form which is unable to be demoted to Titan due to essence loss, and you die at low essence that would have dropped you to titan otherwise, there should be some major penalty.
    It's called a 10 minute resurrection where you go afk and make a coffee, do the laundry and file your taxes, only to come back and find you're still dead and you missed the entire battle.

Edit: Also unless they changed it from when Iosai was helping me test the ur'Stone, you can't reincarnate from God zaps either, you sit there the full 10 minutes.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Rialorm said:
    Siam said:
    Why does nobody tell me these things? Awesome. Would still love an ingame searchable list of some kind but this is a major help already. Yay for things that Iosai made <3
    EMLIST shows all the emotes in a list, and it is searchable. For example, EMLIST NOD will show you "nod","simplenod", "slownod", etc., pretty much every emote that has "nod" in the command (though not in the entire emote; e.g. "gan", or grinning and nodding, won't show up there)
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Irillia said:
    EMLIST shows all the emotes in a list, and it is searchable. For example, EMLIST NOD will show you "nod","simplenod", "slownod", etc., pretty much every emote that has "nod" in the command (though not in the entire emote; e.g. "gan", or grinning and nodding, won't show up there)
    ...bless your heart for informing me that emotionlist can be shortened.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
    edited March 2014
    To close the gap between the have and have nots, is it possible to rework (read: buff) the Life karma blessing so it's almost as good as the Red Genie curio set?

Especially when it comes to the fact the set stacks really well with throne, whereas Life Karma ... really doesn't.

Edit: Obviously for balance purposes, these will not stack with each other. So no Life Karma + Red Genies before someone accuses me of wanting to stealth buff myself.