Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    SIT ON THEM
  • WET BUTT

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited February 2014
    I see no issues.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Sitting on the chaos throne might be interesting, too.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • Haezon said:
    Rialorm said:
    Use Mudlet's map. That doesn't vanish with weather and had Icewynd in it. Or you can take it upon yourself to update the map of the Basin since Caffrey is no longer about to do that. 
    Give me a few details, if you know any, of the program she used and sure, I'll have a go. Just use photoshop and a bit of copy and paste.
    I don't actually know. I think this is the main issue why it was never continued :( 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • Rialorm said:
    Haezon said:
    Rialorm said:
    Use Mudlet's map. That doesn't vanish with weather and had Icewynd in it. Or you can take it upon yourself to update the map of the Basin since Caffrey is no longer about to do that. 
    Give me a few details, if you know any, of the program she used and sure, I'll have a go. Just use photoshop and a bit of copy and paste.
    I don't actually know. I think this is the main issue why it was never continued :( 
    IT APPEARS (With some help from @Idrazil, love you buddy) that there are lots of game generated maps, for everywhere I think, on the site already, in the map section. They are not AMAZINGLY GOOD but I'm not a great drawer so er... yeah. The levels are seperate. Might help to put it all on one map I guess.
    Retired.
  • There aren't maps of everywhere though (for instance, the Plaxios Lowlands or whatever that new-ish area is called). But yes, those maps and the XML map are amazing for keeping track of stuff. I've got explorer rating 24 for exploring roughly 75% of what's in the XML map.
  • Polling for interest, what do people think about the idea of temporary tattoos? Like those real-world fake things you rub on and that last a while. Basically, here they would be inked on a scroll, with the design + weight + a power. You'd need a free spot on the corresponding bodypart for it, and not be over your total ka weight. Temporary tattoos would take a fraction of the inks and power from the design. The upside is that they could be sold in shops, and allow people to try out certain setups or even keep free slots on their body to adapt to what they want to do. Like, you could have influencing tattoos, and then when you want to go bashing you swap those out to damage increase or maybe a divine tattoo. I'd put the ability to ink these on scrolls fairly low to begin with, but let your skill in tattoos influence how long they will last for, like how in many other trades your creations last longer depending on how many invested lessons you have.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    No. Just. No.

There's already too little call for tattooists and too little of them.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited March 2014
    Someone recently pointed out something very interesting after i begged 2000 gold off a denizen recently. It's apparently called 'a king's ransom', and well, in that case, what should we call 1 million?

I would like to see more names for larger amounts of gold, since I was told recently Marani drops 200k. Keep 'he gives a King's ransom of gold sovereigns', but here are some new ones (In order of richness).

-King's hoard
    -Warlord's riches
    -Emperor's vault
    -Empire's wealth

Just a bit of fun, if you can think of more, please do so. But yeah.
    Retired.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    The names for gold also overvalue gold to a  HUGE degree. 2000 gold is hardly a peasant's ransom these days, total chump change.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Haezon said:

I would like to see more names for larger amounts of gold, since I was told recently Marani drops 2 mil. Keep 'he gives a King's ransom of gold sovereigns', but here are some new ones (In order of richness).

Someone lied to you.
  • Xenthos said:
    Haezon said:

I would like to see more names for larger amounts of gold, since I was told recently Marani drops 2 mil. Keep 'he gives a King's ransom of gold sovereigns', but here are some new ones (In order of richness).

Someone lied to you.
    If it's not 2 mil, it's still a massive number. The specific amount is not the point, and as Enyalida pointed out, yes, it is also overvalued.
    Retired.
    I'd like to see the ability to resummon one's staff... or add months to it by recasting the ability, as opposed to running into a situation where one might need a staff that might end up decaying randomly in the near future.

Example

AEROCAST STAFF [FORCE]

If forced, will summon a brand new staff for you, or add 20 months to the staff you currently possess at the cost of 10p/1p (1p being the price on the native plane)

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • PUT STAFF IN NEXUS
    AEROCAST STAFF?

Another idea:  Limit guards to only certain levels so people like level 40 don't have to worry about suddenly being teamed by a group of 4. Alternatively limit max guards that show up at once  based on level.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Guards are fantastically weak as it is... that they can kill anybody should be allowed to stand. And if you are level 40, you shouldn't be walking into enemy territory surrounded by guards.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    I think he means "guards" that show up in bashing areas that count as enemy territory, not org guards.
    Malarious said:
    PUT STAFF IN NEXUS
    AEROCAST STAFF?

Another idea:  Limit guards to only certain levels so people like level 40 don't have to worry about suddenly being teamed by a group of 4. Alternatively limit max guards that show up at once  based on level.
    Get your old staff back. Yes, it does happen.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I think he means the sentries that spawn when you bash certain things, like the Aslaran/Krokani ones that punching one guy suddenly drops 3 angry bastards on you.

Which is RNG unpredictable death time for most novices trying to level.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Yeah that addition did make a good novice hunting ground a bit much for them.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    ... I have never heard of those. Yes, it has been that long since I went out hunting in useful places.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Make karma cursing actually be a deterrent. 70 to curse for victim, 35 to remove for killer? Really?
    Retired.
  • The cost scales in favour of the user if the target is on more people's suspect/bully list. The karma cursing system isn't meant to discourage one-off declaration PK. It's meant to discourage wide-spread abuse of such.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Everiine said:
    ... I have never heard of those. Yes, it has been that long since I went out hunting in useful places.
    They exist in the Grey Moors for Aslaran/Krokani, Kephera hives, Illithoid Prison, Chancel, Climanti Past, Shallamurine Cathedral and Kryden Valik off the top of my head.

There's probably a bunch of other places but those are the ones I can remember instantly. Of that list most of those shouldn't be a problem, low levels shouldn't be bashing there, but the Grey Moors are a death trap. It's bad enough having to fight mobs that rally to aid of people in their room, but suddenly +1-3 (that also pursue) on top makes for a nightmare scenario.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Generally speaking, those mobs that will enemy you to an "organisation" of some sort when you bash them will have guards. Therefore, gorgogs, nyalia merian are also included.

Do we still not have a way back after teleporting to a construct? Be nice if some way back down was added... like say.... teleport nexus would work from the construct's location?

• Nexus world constructs are easy, of course. For the aetherbubbles... death is always a way back. You can plan ahead before teleporting to your construct, or you can deal with the consequences later. Seems like a fair method to me.

• A question but not an idea, but can anyone summarize why constructs were changed? Kinda bummed that I can't get to the Dark Nest now without either having a ship and someone to help crew it because I'm derp, or an artifact. 
  • If you're referring to the Wyrdtree, which allows teleportation between the Dark Nest on Ethereal Glomdoring and the bubble where it's built, it's because it's not built. The construct wasn't changed, AFAIK.