Simple Ideas

Comments

• ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Morkarion said:
    I don't think I've ever seen a non demi bash for xp in Lirangsha. Have you seen the stupid amount of damage and clump up those Krokani do?
    I totally phrased that improperly. Let me fix it.

I wrote:  The issue is, few people go out to hunt anymore or even go to dangerous hunting areas aside from the hives/prison SOMETIMES, Climanti, and Lirangsha.

I meant: The issue is, few people go out to hunt anymore or even go to dangerous areas. The only dangerous areas I see people go to when it comes to influencing are the hives/prison SOMETIMES, Climanti, and Lirangsha.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess

Lavinya said:
    I like the roleplay aspect of influencing - I don't have to go out and get my hands bloody if I don't want, I can use my wits and banter and gain experience that way.

Influencing is generally slower than bashing when you get to good crit levels. It's nice to think influencing is entirely viable for getting to demi if you're not the ideal race/class to bash, or you can't get on a zillion aetherhunts. Maybe nerf ikons, but not influencing.
    Disagreeing... and the main reason for that is... Ikons. I see fresh characters going on about looking to buy legendary ikons to consume. When the XP boost there is 200%, it's a bit overkill. When it stacks with harmony/lips/goldentonic, it becomes insane. Can easily get outpaced while bashing even with high-tier artifacts... and the high-level bashing areas are pretty much geared toward the select few who can get up to 15k hp and have fire damage at this point. I'm not saying that influence should be removed... but I most certainly agree with @Morkarion in regards to nerfing ikons and at least by half.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    It will never, ever outpace Astral ur'bash or an aetherbash, so what's the problem?
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Silvanus said:
    It will never, ever outpace Astral ur'bash or an aetherbash, so what's the problem?
    There is a high risk for ur'bash and aetherbash. All it takes is a little lag, a little cockiness, or a small raiding group to throw things a bit off.

And I wholly acknowledge that if influencing was nerfed in any way, whether it be guards or ikons, my likelihood of getting to 97 would be shot pretty hardcore.

I didn't offer the suggestion/idea as a way to screw over a particular group. It's just not on pace with bashing for the benefits it gives, and encourages some that I know of who are very pro killing things and are not pacifist to not bother going out to do killing because it's the "better option."

On that note, I feel like an alcoholic trying to argue in favor of prohibition, and it's not going so well.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I understand there is basically 0 risk to influencing, but just because there is a risk to bashing, there is not a high risk to ur'bash or aetherbash with a semi-intelligent crew, and it will never be outpaced by influencing.

I gained 2 million essence in an hour with just Bloodrage/Autumn killing lobstrosities, no other influencing bonuses. Granted, its much safer for a level 25 something to sit and influence to level 70, but if they spent that same exact amount of time aetherbashing, they would be higher leveled. The same is true for Ur'bashing, you just need a StandardBearer to tank.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    You'll note I said influence doesn't need a nerf, but perhaps ikons do, or make them a general xp buff and not just for influencing:
    . Maybe nerf ikons, but not influencing.

• MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Actually for lower levels, aetherbashing isn't better than influencing PROPERLY. It's just easier
  • CURIOS GROUP <room|mask|magic|cooking|genie|misc|etc.>

Or maybe CURIOS TYPE.

Either way, it would just return a list of curios filtered by their broader kind, so I could just check CURIOS GROUP COOKING to see my various bottle pieces and nothing else.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I hit agree on that 9 times. Unfortunately only the last one counts, but that would be so lovely.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Like an advanced version of curios collection? Would like.

The curio UI could do with being a bit neater, same with the artifact UI (notably just putting curios in their own separate spot or removing them from artifact list entirely.)

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Lower base influence gains, reduce ikons substantially.

Influence has 0 risk, you do not get hit back, has no cures, has no fear of being grouped, and allows twice the rewards (influence + esteem).

There is no downside to influence, you cannot even really say lack of crit, because things like kephera can get down to 3-4 hits, but bashing would take longer, and bashing causes aggro.
  • Lavinya said:
    You'll note I said influence doesn't need a nerf, but perhaps ikons do, or make them a general xp buff and not just for influencing:
    . Maybe nerf ikons, but not influencing.

I am in favour of the general xp buff rather than just to influencing. It seems the easiest solution to implement. Further tweaks can then be added should it be needed, but I feel it is best to do one tweak at a time and evaluate its effect so you know what works and what does not. 
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • No, you do not fix a problem of XP gain by increasing XP gain in total. 

Lusternia does not need easier gains, we already have AFKers who go demi on a fairly regular basis. Along with influence, aetherbashing should be lower too, thanks for the reminder. The less risk the less it should be worth, alternatively make influencing take ALOT longer, like 2-3 times as long depending on the level of the area and leave experience as is. This way it takes longer, has higher damage taken, but would warrant the gains it gets on the grounds it gets it slower. Risk vs Reward.
    Still, that'll just leave a giant void of experience gain where people are essentially drudging through things they were doing 10 levels previously, because the actual targets worth experience from bashing require either large co-ordinated groups, or a ton of skills, abilities and artifacts people levelling tend not to have.

The 80-95 area especially (80-99 for those who treat Lusternia very much as F2P and have limited skills) lacks decent hunting. The UV tunnels give poor returns, Keph and Illithoid are more risk than reward, Astral/Zombies/Icewynd/Lirangsha are beyond reach and the catacombs might be a pay off but YMMV, not to mention that place is a demi farm/curio farm spot.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• While I wouldn't argue about ikon-consuming being worth less, I'm not sure we need to reduce the XP gain from aetherbashing. Sure, it's low-risk, but it's also not a solo act. You have to get plenty of people, and most importantly people who know what they're doing, to get a good XP gain going.

• Malarious said:
    No, you do not fix a problem of XP gain by increasing XP gain in total. 
    Point taken. But I'd still like to see them count for both. Especially since bashing is harder than influencing.
    You have received a new honour! Congratulations! On this day, you have shown your willingness to ensure a bug-free Lusternia for everyone to enjoy. The face of Iosai the Anomaly unfolds before you, and within you grows the knowledge that you have earned the elusive and rare honour of membership in Her Order.
    Curio Exchange - A website to help with the trading of curio pieces in Lusternia.
  • The possibility to REFORGE a weapon as a different design, so that if you want, say, to remain a Pureblade, have a runed katana but no pliers, and don't necessarily want Bonecleaver, the Katana of Death, you're able to change your weapon's design. This could require the same comms as would be needed to forge a weapon of the desired design in the first place.
  • TurnusTurnus The Big Bad Wolf
    edited February 2014
    I'm not sure what you're asking for exactly, but you can get a custom description on an artied weapon for 50 credits.  If its for switching around warrior specs, that's what the pliers were introduced for.

Edit: Either way its currently possible but there's no free pass. Good luck changing that.

~--------------**--------------~

The original picture of Turnus is still viewable here, again by Feyrll.
  • Well, as I see it, why get a custom description if you're not going to give it a proper noun or do something with it that can't be done with a normally crafted item? Therefore, it'd be nice to be able to switch designs.
    edited February 2014
    Simple idea: the ability to buy lessons using gold at a flat rate, at a reasonable price.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Case in point for influencing and ikons?

Someone joined Hallifax on the 12th. Namechanged (So they were still under 30 hours of playtime) and is now level 85. That's a ridiculous amount of experience to gain in that duration of time.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Not only that, but the rp aspect of "Hi, I'm fresh out of the portal. Anyone have legendary ikons I can buy?" Is horrible.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited February 2014
    Theoretically, if someone wanted to, they could make a Harbinger Faeling (that's 16 base CHA) and throw lessons into the following:

• Planar - 28 lessons (LiquidRift)
    • HighMagic - 34 lessons (Netzach)
    • Music - 7 lessons (BardicPresence)
    • Skillchoice Select Dramaturgy... 0 lessons
    • Influence - 1715 lessons (Trans)
    • Dramatics - 756 lessons (Vagabond)

• Netzach gives +1 weighted Charisma.
    • Bardic Presence gives +2 weighted Charisma.
    • Dramaturgy's Etiquette (0 lessons needed) doubles the effectiveness of sycophant, vagabond, etc for influencing.
    • Influence for influence power.
    • Dramatics for speed.

Invest in bromides (skip health and mana potions), invest in a single teardrop sigil, and invest in a figurine. Once your karma is high enough, get a harmony blessing. After that, a beauty blessing. Invest in a beauty enchantment.

Influence and kill in Newton, you will be able to do so quickly because of how strong your attacks are. Influence, then kill, each target, hand them in for gold. Do your collegium tasks so that you can get additional monies. Influence until your guild time is up and you are GR1. Put 282 lessons into Music and Skillchoice Select Shadowbeat. Congratulations, your base Charisma is now 17. For extra insult to injury, become a tailor and put in 25 lessons to tailoring so you have mending. Permabeg.

Influence your way to Demi, using ikons and oils if you so wish - really, you don't need it. It should be quite fast, as should your leveling.

Money was spent on: bromides, a teardrop sigil, and a figurine.
    Lessons used: 2847... best part is that every 5 or so levels, you get credits!

Edit: Elanorwen corrected me. Shadowsinger Faeling are 17 CHA, not 18, and Netzach is indeed weighted. The post has been updated to reflect this.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited February 2014
    I envy these high charisma races so much. I max out at 18 charisma (if I'm lucky) and that's as a demigod with the endowment of vanity. Nerfs to bring in the high end set ups will always hurt the lower ends more. There is no way my influencing is particularly quick, but if I use all the buffs I can (wetfold/oils/blessings/dramatics/gestalt/influence rune) it's viable. JUST. It takes me a lot more hits on a guard to infuence it than it takes me to kill most things bashing. And I'm not particularly great at bashing either (though my divinus whip makes me feel a lot better).

Please remember the butterfly effect on nerfs. I already cry bitter tears at being set up as mediocre at everything. :(

(Look at ikons not influencinggggg waaaah)

That's not a problem with influencing.

That's a problem with Viscanti being a terrible race, and that the "solution" to people who want to play a race but not be mechanically impaired is to invest dingbats into a hat which makes it obvious to anyone looking at you that things are not as they seem.

I wish they'd make hats invisible to others, and possibly give access to racial language/emotes.

Stat packs would devalue the cameo and reincarnation daggers. Sadly I doubt they will ever be a thing.