Simple Ideas

Comments

• I think it might prove wise to let a small number of the dingbat artifacts go for credits. There's certainly either far fewer dingbats in circulation at the moment or people just are not selling them. That with the credits purchased for them would make it worthwhile.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    I always kind of thought that was the point. That's why when the Torus was up it was only 1k dingbats. (Until the wheel screwed it all up)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited January 2014
    ITEMLIST FOOD

Nuff said.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    ITEMLIST FOOD Nuff said.
    I idea'd that a while ago but nothing came out of it :(
  • edited January 2014
    Edit: Wrong thread.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    While I would very much love a complete overhaul and organised layout to ARTIFACT LIST, can we please at least separate artifacts from completed curios?

Thanks!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Might be a good idea to add some way of seeing how long until you can classflex again to the classflexing syntax.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    I know it's been asked before, and I think someone got told no. But it's stupid that this isn't a thing so I'm asking anyway.

Allow whips to be sheathed please, grip be damned.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Morkarion said:
    I know it's been asked before, and I think someone got told no. But it's stupid that this isn't a thing so I'm asking anyway.

Allow whips to be sheathed please, grip be damned.
    Just make them weapons with junk stats (like a dagger); you can already wield a dagger (or any other 1h weapon) in the other hand to raze with... so not allowing a whip to raze is absolutely pointless.  Doing that and categorizing it properly should let you sheathe it too, and there would be much rejoicing.
  • Being able to take feed out of a beasts feedbag in case you put the wrong thing in. My poor Nightmare was not made to eat rotten eggs
    Ailaesro said:
    Being able to take feed out of a beasts feedbag in case you put the wrong thing in. My poor Nightmare was not made to eat rotten eggs
    That would definitely require a bit of reworking. Feed type is added to the stack of what your mount ate the moment you put it in the bag, rather than when it is actually eaten. Not a major rework, I don't think (Logically speaking, I haven't actually looked at the code, so it could be the most complex thing ever, too), but still not really falling in the category of simple either.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
    This was actually in the last round of envoys, the one that never got done. A means to empty the feedbag, IIRC.

• Yeah they are ignoring important reports in order to save the time for overhaul.

Hopefully the overhaul gets fixed as a result.

Can we have a thing like the REPORT system to let people see what is in the works for overhaul things? Like what discussions have happened on skills and such? Also lets us talk to envoys to convey things.  

• *sniff* 

Do you smell a bard guard upgrade?
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Why?
    Enyalida said:
    Why?

Why what? Why does Elanorwen want this?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Yes.
  • ZouviqilZouviqil Queen of Uberjerkiness
    Re-requesting the ability to sit and scent at the same time.

Also, could we get a third willowisp in Faethorn? Please?
    Enyalida said:

Yes.

Because half the nexii in the game can't have chandeliers, and thus allow for dreamweavers to infiltrate us.
    Serenwilde is one of those, and I've never found it to be much of a problem, myself.
  • Cause it's usually done by novices to kill other novices.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Enyalida said:
    Serenwilde is one of those, and I've never found it to be much of a problem, myself.
    It seems to happen in waves.  I remember a few times when you weren't active where we had one an hour or so constantly, but it would only last a few days before people got bored of it.
    edited January 2014
    Can we please have the policy of mortals telling other mortals about HELP NAMECHANGE reviewed, please? Or if not, at least some enforcement of the naming policy? Because really....

Sockslurpee (Female Human).
    She is 16 years old, having been born on the 15th of Tzarin, 358 years after the Coming of Estarra.

Need I say more?

• Having mortals be allowed to tell newbies to namechange would just lead to problems, I think. Guides are people in a position of power, and they're easily recognised as such, even by newbies. They're also held to certain rules regarding namechanges, and if they're found to abuse it, odds are they could be removed from being guides. It's hard to apply the same to mortals.
    Guides aren't allowed to tell players about HELP NAMECHANGE, either.
    I'm not saying that I want to be allowed to order someone to change their name. I'm saying that I want to be allowed to let them know that there exists such a thing as a guide to what is considered best/good/poor/forbidden names and that the option to change their name does exist after reading that information for themselves.