Simple Ideas

Comments

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Nope, you transcend your metabolism at level 80.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Iytha said:
    Problem: Currently, if someone has a Scroll of Laurels, there is no way to determine their city rank (or citizenship status, for that matter) when they are not online.
    Solution: Introduce the command CMEMBERS command, which works like GMEMBERS, except for citizens instead of guild members. It would display name, rank and ministry status of everyone who is a citizen of your city/commune. Also, CMEMBERS DORMANT for dormant people.
    CITIZENS/CITIZENS DORMANT

(Not sure what it is for communes, but I'm assuming communemembers/mates? Dunno)

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Munsia said:
    Anyway, simple ideas...can we get referendums to work slightly different? Currently they don't work on vote weight, which was changed and is fine since of what a referendum means, but it still has the potential for game wide alt abuse. Can we look at maybe a 'You had to have been logged in the past x days' or played 'x' hours in the last so and so time?  You get those people who have alts just sitting in every guild or city across the game that never pop in til an election/referendum.
    I partially agree, but I don't think the admin care until someone has multiple alts voting in the same election/referendum.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MunsiaMunsia The Supreme Goddess
    Shaddus said:
    Munsia said:
    Anyway, simple ideas...can we get referendums to work slightly different? Currently they don't work on vote weight, which was changed and is fine since of what a referendum means, but it still has the potential for game wide alt abuse. Can we look at maybe a 'You had to have been logged in the past x days' or played 'x' hours in the last so and so time?  You get those people who have alts just sitting in every guild or city across the game that never pop in til an election/referendum.
    I partially agree, but I don't think the admin care until someone has multiple alts voting in the same election/referendum.
    I know, which I find to be the problem. I find people not participating in org's tend to attempt to influence said orgs via alt.
  • Shaddus said:
    Munsia said:
    We care about all instances of seconds abuse. If you suspect someone of having alts vote in a referendum, ISSUE them and we will investigate.

• Except in Great Hunts though. @Zvoltz forgot to mention that.
  • Zvoltz said:
    We care about all instances of seconds abuse. If you suspect someone of having alts vote in a referendum, ISSUE them and we will investigate.
    She isn't worried about alts per say, it is alts of people who really do not play in the city having influnce over some things like the referendums because they are just counting people and not vote weights.

Example would be, I play Arimisia as my main, she is Mag. I hear Celest is having a referendum to make an alliance with whoever, so I go and log on my Celest character just to vote even though it doesn't impact my main character. I then log off and for the most part never play that Celest character.
    The soft, hollow voice of Nocht, the Silent resounds within your mind as His words echo through the aether, "Congratulations, Arimisia. Your mastery of vermin cannot be disputed."

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    It's one of those crappy metagames that shouldn't exist but somehow does, people who jump onto an unplayed alt just to vote in a way that favours them on their main. You don't play in that org, so quit trying to decide for it.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Elanorwen said:
    Iytha said:
    Problem: Currently, if someone has a Scroll of Laurels, there is no way to determine their city rank (or citizenship status, for that matter) when they are not online.
    Solution: Introduce the command CMEMBERS command, which works like GMEMBERS, except for citizens instead of guild members. It would display name, rank and ministry status of everyone who is a citizen of your city/commune. Also, CMEMBERS DORMANT for dormant people.
    CITIZENS/CITIZENS DORMANT

(Not sure what it is for communes, but I'm assuming communemembers/mates? Dunno)
    CITIZENS doesn't show rank, which is the first part of the problem in the quote.
  • Yep, exactly.
  • Very little you could do to stop alts from referendums. Require 20 hours that week! Ok, they will just afk.   Require login on 5 of the last days, ok theyll log in for 20 seconds.  

As to the demipower RP.  The wight of choice powers could be 0, that is fine. Everyone has equal access to them.  Custom powers should have weight because it requires admin review, thugh it is debatbale how much they should cost since you could also increase essence costs.

Weight was designed to limit powers in relation to combat, it is not a problem if choice enter is 0 weight, it has no bearing on combat. Having an extra trade does more to combat than all choice powrs put together and its only 12 weight. Any belief we need to "limit enter messages" is just biased bunk. 

I also believe we need to change weight costs and rescale weights to 50/75/100 instead of 50/100/150 with true ascendants getting their powers completely free.
    Also a thing to note it's an excuse to spend points. When yer not fighting switch over to non com, when you are, switch back. Since they're pro spend essence
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I disagree with reducing weight available for use; I would prefer increasing weights, not decreasing them.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    Being that beast/tracking pets ambients were redone to actually work, it might be a good idea to grant guild leads of the respective guilds the ability to send tracking pets back to the kennels as there's probably too many hounds and wolves lurking about that tend to get spammy in the long run. I guess one way to go about it is to kill them (which kind of goes against RP for most guilds anyway), but otherwise... the ability of guild leads to dismiss their own guild's hounds/wolves if the owner is not online might probably be a reasonable thing to add.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I wouldn't mind seeing that as an ability city aides (dunno which ministry) could use on any wayward beasts.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Or just make it an admin command that clears all the game's ents, and they can press it once ever RL month or so.

Can we change the short name of willowy fae of nature from fae to nature please?

Wiccans everywhere will love you for this change.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

You can target by 'Nature' so I don't see the need.
    Not everyone uses a GMCP based basher, the people that go off names have to go by target #shortname.

And thus many wiccans get pissed off.

Morkarion said:
    Not everyone uses a GMCP based basher, the people that go off names have to go by target #shortname.

And thus many wiccans get pissed off.
    What....we're not talking about a gmcp basher.....we're talking about a straight up target name....like x morkarion...instead of x morkarion it's x nature...a basic targetting system that every newbie in the planet of IRE has used.
    Except they don't work because nature doesn't match the short name.

It's just the one domoth that has creatures that also hit ents, it's a simple rename of one mob. /shrug

• If you were a newbie and saw you had to kill 'a willowy fae of nature' what would you target? That's right - you'd target fae, not nature.
    As I already had this discussion, it would have to be applied to every domoth for synergy. I highly doubt 'Oh I can't automate this correctly' is an excuse to change it. This is like saying, oh crap we should change astral goats because they share the same name as the mount goat.  Didn't we just go over some time in the last month how we should stop making this game EASIER?
    There's a difference between things becoming easy, and just fixing things that are pointlessly annoying.

It's been like this since Domoth Realms were introduced...one of those things that's never needed changed, and I don't see why we'd start now.
    Poor argument, there's a ton of things in this thread that have been the way they are for years, that's not a reason to not change things if it's an improvement.

Morkarion said:
    Poor argument, there's a ton of things in this thread that have been the way they are for years, that's not a reason to not change things if it's an improvement.
    I'd make that argument about most of the things in this thread.  As I said changing one domoth realm is silly. If you're going to change it, change them all. Once again I highly doubt that a few people who have their system set up badly is a good enough excuse for this.
  • I've always targetted by domoth name... at least I did when I actually went up there. So I'd target "life" for life domoth creatures and whatnot. If that doesn't work anymore, I'd say it should be reverted back to it working (and when/why was it changed in the first place?)
    Ssaliss said:
    I've always targetted by domoth name... at least I did when I actually went up there. So I'd target "life" for life domoth creatures and whatnot. If that doesn't work anymore, I'd say it should be reverted back to it working (and when/why was it changed in the first place?)
    It hasn't changed. Someone has a bad basher that is auto targetting by ih name from what I understand.
    You still can, the problem is that the nature one's shortname is "Fae" which has a couple of issues that Ardmore and I have both pointed out, that do actually happen.

Hence why I brought this up.